What's new

Please help me translate these polite sentences!

bluffpun

Registered
27 Sep 2016
Sorry if this isn't exactly appropriate. I've been translating some sentences for work which has really helped me in my general studies, but there are a couple of sentences that I can't get my head around!!

"There is no limit to the amount of images and messages. However, the more there are, the smaller they will be"
画像やメッセージの量に制限はありません。然しそこにあるより小さい彼らはなります。

"If you would like to send only images and simple text, artwork will not be sent. Mug will be sent to print immediately."
だけの画像や単純なテキストと指示を送る場合、アートワークは送信されません。マグカップはすぐに印刷するために送信されます

"Thank you for your order. Attached is a design of your mug. You have one chance to make amendments before 2pm today. If we don't hear back from you by 2pm today, your mug will be sent to print."
ご注文ありがとうございます. マグカップのデザインがある添付します。今日午後2時前に修正を作るために1チャンスがあります。午後2今日バックから連絡がない場合は、あマグカップを印刷するために送信されます。

"Thank you for your order. Mug has been dispatched."
ご注文ありがとうございます. マグカップが派遣されました。

どうもありがとうございます。私のほしがすごい日本語へへへ。。。
Many, many thanks in advance!! :)

image.jpeg

It was so OBVIOUSLY a machine translation that I really don't know why I bothered to check....

Translation requests: please read first! | Japan Forum

We're not here to provide a free translation service for commercial websites.

View attachment 23743

It was so OBVIOUSLY a machine translation that I really don't know why I bothered to check....

Translation requests: please read first! | Japan Forum

We're not here to provide a free translation service for commercial websites.

Alright, calm down. Unless there's a better translation service, I don't know how to translate full sentences that I don't understand. And yeah, it might be for commercial websites but it's still helping me in my studies. Google translate and kanji dictionaries are the best thing I've got at the moment.

Give us your best attempt at it and we'll help you work through fixing it and learning by doing it. We're not going to just do your work for you and hand it to you.

I did, actually!! I didn't manage to do the full sentences, I think they overwhelmed me and I was struggling. I simplified them instead. I think I'm confident enough with the other sentences, but this one was throwing me a bit:

写真十もっと送ないで下さい。写真は小さいです

I wanted to say, Please don't send more than ten images; they will be small. I know shashin o okutte kudasai - and I tried adding the counter, which I suppose could be 10 instead of 十 - motto - more than? - do not send. I missed the particle out because I wasn't sure which one to use so I thought it would be okay if I dropped it?

写真を10枚以上送らないでください。小さくなってしまいます。

Almost all your translations in your initial post don't make much sense, or sounds rather odd, by the way.

I'd put off using my Japanese for commercial purposes until I had a basic command of the language; if you want good, professional translation you're going to have to pay for it like a legitimate businessman (don't worry, it's a tax write-off).

It was blatantly obvious you used a machine translator, and when confronted with this you blew it off and claimed it's helping your studies. Exactly how is giving you bad translations, the problems therein you can't even identify, benefiting your studies?

Back
Top Bottom