What's new

Online Japanese radio with transcript

Anatoli

先輩
27 Jun 2006
皆さんこんにちは、

I am looking for a Japanese online broadcast, just audio, no video, since I am planning to do it from home where you can both listen and read and easily find matching trascripts and audio, please.

NHK has a lot of good audio resources and not just Japanese but I hads trouble using the Japanese version. News are updated too often and hard to match audio to texts, besides I am reading slowly and with a dictionary.

301 Moved Permanently

The link above is a great listening resource for advanced learners but I can't use it properly because I can't find the matching script to an audio link. Can someone help? 手伝って頂きませんか。

Someone will like this, which I also use but it has video and my downloads are too large

TBS NEWS 動画ニュースサイト

Other audio intermediate resources for intermediate to advanced learners would be appreciated as well.

:)

宜しくお願いします。

Last edited:
Just refreshing the topic to show that I am still interested. Does anyone know good resources?

Thanks, Elizabeth! :)

The first link didn't work (I think because it was refreshed). I actually had problems with NHK site in terms of matching text to audio, maybe because my Japanese is not so good but I read a few first sentences and tried to listen to the video, they were talking about someting else.

The second one - Asahi looks promising. Thanks a lot. :)
--
They are all video - more traffic and download, unfortunately. I guess, there are no "just audio" sites.

I just opened that NHK site last night on a random page to demonstrate where the links were, so it probably is off the server. The one below appears the same format as Asahi. Click on a headline at the top and it should open up the story with an accompanying audio (no video ?) setting.
NHK

I tune in to the longer, 45 min-1 hour, NHK news broadcasts (practically all day & night :)) which do require fishing around a bit for their prepared copy. Let me know when you're ready for one of those....:)
Happy listening !

I am sorry, Elizabeth but I only see Video, can't get just audio. :cry:

Yes, I'd like to get a couple of long ones (I will record them and study the articles, make a word/character list with NJStar.) Thanks for offering :)

Today I clicked on the headline 宮崎 被災地で住民が後片づけ:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/2006/09/1...918000063.html

Just above the text, on the right of the picture there is a word "Video" and links to MS Media Player and RealPlayer video streams.

I am sorry, Elizabeth but I only see Video, can't get just audio. :cry:

Yes, I'd like to get a couple of long ones (I will record them and study the articles, make a word/character list with NJStar.) Thanks for offering :)

Today I clicked on the headline 宮崎 被災地で住民が後片づけ:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/2006/09/1...918000063.html

Just above the text, on the right of the picture there is a word "Video" and links to MS Media Player and RealPlayer video streams.
Oh, yes, I do see it now. :sorry: Those are sometimes added in later for the new stories which weren't there when I first checked. Sorry about that....but as I said here is a link to the current the broadcasts I do know something about and am most interested in -- the ones listed now are still weekend (10-15 min.) shortcasts and today being a holiday ツ(ナ檀ヒ弖窶堙娯?愿コツ), please wait a day for the resumption of regular Mon-Fri programming.

Most helpfully, they've all also available both real time, natural speech and slow speed versions.
NHK ラジオニュース

Transcripts may sometimes be found looking through the news pages I posted earlier, possibly with editing or other modifications, and sometimes not. It can also be confusing with several stories on the same subject. For vocabulary study probably excellant, though, as I'm sure you know common words are phrases are set and very repetitive in their use of news language. :geek:

Last edited:
Live Japanese radio and tv, language lessons, lesson podcasts

Hi Anatoli,

I am working with a team of techies and we created a browser toolbar (don't worry it's free) that has links to nihongo.fm's broadcasts and a japanese lesson podcast site.

you can get the toolbar on our search engine page (Japan search engine) Nipponster.comhttp://nipponster.com

THe exact link is http://nipponster.com/n_toolbar/toolbar.html

hope that helps. let me know,
-Tori

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for trying to help me but I am still having trouble finding trancripts and matching audio recordings (not video). :( The issue is with my ability to read well in Japanese and my listening too skills too. I only checked if the beginng sentences were the same as the first sentences said in the audio.

--
Thanks Toritaiyo, I am using Rikaichan (you also posted in the discussion). Rikaichan can do it in offline mode as well. Can Nipponster do it as well? Is there anything different that Nipponster does but Rikaichan doesn't?

To be honest, I wasn't impressed with Nihongo.fm, I couldn't find any transcripts.

Last edited:
Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for trying to help me but I am still having trouble finding trancripts and matching audio recordings (not video). :( The issue is with ability to read well in Japanese and listening too. I only checked if the beginng sentences are the same as the first sentences said in the audio.
With what site in particular ? The ANN link ? Can you give a specific example of a story you're in doubt of ? It's been a while since I've been there, so things may have changed somewhat...:?

I don't know what ANN link is. We were talking about NHK?

It is very hard to communicate via a forum on this I think. I would need a native speaker or a person with a good command of Japanese sit next to me and help me understand how it all works. :)

Would you be able to explain to me how to find an audio (not video) broadcast and a matching script on NHK News Site, please? Assume I am a first time user. I just open page NHKオンライン what then?

Today's headline:
自民党新総裁に安倍晋三氏
I open links (including "motto kuwahiku" - no audio.)

Opening the next one below it:
タイ陸軍司令官 テレビで声明

Same thing, no audio.

This link has Multimedia but a Video, not audio.
シャトル 地球帰還を1日延期
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/2006/09/20/k20060920000057.html

I don't know what ANN link is. We were talking about NHK?
It is very hard to communicate via a forum on this I think. I would need a native speaker or a person with a good command of Japanese sit next to me and help me understand how it all works. :)
Would you be able to explain to me how to find an audio (not video) broadcast and a matching script on NHK News Site, please? Assume I am a first time user. I just open page NHK what then?
Why don't you try the Asahi (ANN) link again with audio ?
テレ朝news
It's just a different channel from NHK but basically the same coverage and layout.

As I apologized earlier, I wasn't aware of the video-only feed through NHK when I originally posted. :sorry:

Hi Anatoli,

japanesepod101.com might be helpful to you (it is a link we have listed in the toolbar too).
They have a link for "notes" next to the link for each of their podcasts.

-hope it's more helpful than Nihongo.fm

About Rikai, the toolbar justs makes it easier to use rikai from anywhere on the net (like say you come across a page you need help with, you just have to enter the URL into the search box and click "rikai"). Rikai-chan probably let's you do this too (I'Ve downloaded it but have yet to check it out) and like you said it works offline too (what does it do offline?).

-We might offer more features like that when it comes to rikai in the future but I'm sure. The toolbar is basically an easy to use collection of what we deemed to be some of the most useful tools on the net for Japanese. It doesn't add anything to those tools for the most part (they are pretty great as they are) except for making them conveniently accessible.

But I would love to hear any ideas for improvements or just feedback that you have about the bar. Let me know.
-Tori

NHK radio morning news script

I made a blog site which contains NHK radio news MP3 file link and script. Script is generated by speech recognition so, it's not perfect, but can be helpful to understand context of news and your listening practice.

Please check about this: NHK Radio News Script

Back
Top Bottom