What's new

Notion of ALL LOOK SAME (ALLLOOKSAME.com). Is it really true?

Origin of Japanese

You are repeating to use the chart of the same sources again. , from 1998 NHK documentary based on professor horai's own independent seminary works.

You did not appreciate the copyright laws by not citing the original sources, and remember you are not quoting the academic sources, but treat commercial sources without giving names, creation date, and company name.

What also bothers me is that your comments do not match the description of chart which is highly inappropriate.:eek:

You are also ignoring my comments or warnings of misuse and violation of copyright laws on the publication dates of "original academic sources", so please excuse me to repeat my previous posts below.

Horai published a book in 1997, and results are mostly then-2 years old (listed below), meaning that the chart you give much credits are done on 1990-1995, ancient by the standard of genetic science.

Horai S., Hayasaka K., Kondo R., Tsugane K. and Takahata N.: Recent African origin of modern humans revealed by complete sequences of hominoid mito chondrial DNAs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 92, 532-536, 1995.
Horai S.: Evolution and origins of man: clues from complete sequences of hominoid mitochondrial DNA. Southeast Asian J. Trop. Med. Publ. Health, 26(Suppl. 1), 146-154, 1995.
Horai S.: Origin of Homo sapiens inferred from the age of the common ancestral human mitochondrial DNA. In The origin and past of modern humans as viewed from DNA (S. Brenner and K. Hanihara, eds.), pp. 171-185, World Scientific, 1995.
1Horai S., Kondo R., Sonoda S. and Tajima K.: The first Americans: Different waves of migration to the New World inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequence polymorphisms. In Prehistoric dispersal of Mongoloids, (T. Akazawa and E. Szathmary, eds.), pp. 270-283, Oxford University Press, 1996.

A chart I quoted below is created in 2005, and 2006, and by the reputed western scholors, for that reason, I tend to believe them comparing to the Horai's studies based on outdated unreliable methodology, without an international team, and published 12 years ago.

Dual origins of the Japanese: common ground for hunter-gatherer
and farmer Y chromosomes

Michael F. Hammer, Tatiana M. Karafet, Hwayong Park et al, 2006
japan1-1.jpg

Below is the Hammer's results on the three major genetic lineages of Japanese people.

Haplogroup C (M130, M216)
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Mongolia, the Russian Far East, Polynesia, Australia, and at moderate frequency in the Korean Peninsula, Manchuria, Japan and India.
*about 10% of Japanese population has Haplogroup C

Haplogroup D (M174)
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Tibet, Japanese Archipelago (Ainu of Japan), Andaman Islands, Tajikistan
*about 35% of Japanese population has Haplogroup D

Haplogroup O (M175):
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Austronesia, China (Sino-Tibetan, Han chinese of China), Tai, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hmong-Mien, Japan, Korean Peninsula
*about 50% of Japanese population has Haplogroup O

In case you are refering to Austronesian by Pacific Islanders, you may find the following guide as useful (from MacDonald, 2005).

Haplogroup K (M-9):
High frequencies among Melanesian, New Guinean, indigenous people of Fiji, Solomon Islands
*Japanese people is not known to have this haplogroup.

Haplogroup K is found at low to moderate frequencies (5%) in the indigenous population of South east Asia, Northern Han Chinese and Southern Han Chinese.

Typical-Japanese looking second daughter 王理惠 of ( Austronesian ) 越 Yue-stock Chinese *王貞治 ( おうさだはる Sadaharu Oh,his photo > post#130 of this thread ) reportedly broke off marriage-engagement with physician 本田昌毅 ( sumo champion 相撲 " 朝青龍 " is in his care ).

* His ancestral root is 溫州 Wenzhou,浙江 Zhejiang province ( this region has strong heritage tie to ancient indigenous " presumably Austronesian " Yue tribes.)

* Japanese are a hybrid of Asians .. 😊

Japanese genes(Haplogroups)

Attachments

• b166063740700036.jpg
    b166063740700036.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 208
There was an exhibition on Jomon (Ainu/Emishi/Ryukyuan) and Yayoi Japanese. The image below is for the event.
jomon_yayoi1-1.jpg

[Please compare to alllooksame.com]

Hey .. Color red dude,1980's Hong Kong beloved TV drama queen 翁美玲 Barbara Yung appears to be the Chinese look-a-like of presumably Jomon ( ad-promo ) girl in this poster 😊

Attachments

• 28-3-44669_8_small.jpg
    28-3-44669_8_small.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 28-3-45470_32.jpg
    28-3-45470_32.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 2_28-3-326_2001102914228.jpg
    2_28-3-326_2001102914228.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 178
to Color red

I began to wonder if you understand the meaning of variance... well, if you understand statistics, I guess you won't try that stupid photo comparison again.

Ainu Japanese vs Chinese? :eek:

Here is the definition ... 😊

* A difference between what is expected and what actually occurs.

To tokapi, Murasaki Shikibu (973–1025)) lived a millennium ago, and she had no recorded photos to compare to a Chinese girl.

Huh ... I was comparing Chinese national 楊二車娜姆 ( 摩梭人 minority Mosuo ethnic ) to the long-haired Japanese female cover drawing of " Tale of Genji ".

By the way, her family name isn't 楊 as in the Chinese surname Yang. Rather,楊二車娜姆 is a Chinese-Kanji transliteration of her indigenous Mosuo name..😊

Mosuo - Wikipedia

Mosuo people - Google Search

You also cannot miss Vietnamese who look very similar to Chinese rather than to Korean or to Japanese.

Heck .. even Americans like Connie Chung & Kelly Hu look Chinese 😊

connie chung - Google Search

kelly hu - Google Search

Oh,there are 2 famous names from Hong Kong entertainment world I can share here.翁静晶 ( Yung Ching-Ching 翁靜晶,于越南出生,一歲到港定居 ) & 呂良偉 ( Ray Lui 於越南出生,是香港著名電視演員、電影演員 ).Both are Vietnam-born Cantonese-speaking Chinese descent,they sure look Chinese ... 😊

* 翁靜晶 ( Yung Ching-Ching's profile )

翁靜晶 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

http://baike.baidu.com/view/480172.htm

She starred in a few past block-buster films & high-rating TV dramas

電視劇 ( TV dramas )
年青人(無綫電視)
荳芽夢(無綫電視)
突破(無綫電視)

電影 ( films )
喝采
楊過與小龍女
第一次(張國榮,翁靜晶)

* 呂良偉 ( Ray Lui's profile )

呂良偉 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

http://p0514998.people.mov.cn/

He starred in countless Hong Kong television hit dramas

電視劇(無綫電視 TVB station dramas )
1979年:《網中人》
1980年:《上海灘》飾 丁力
1980年:《上海灘續集》飾 丁力
1982年:《萭水千山總是情》
1983年:《播音人》
1985年:《雪山飛狐》

Here is a link to photos of Viet people

http://www.terragalleria.com/vietnam/vietnam-region.portraits.html

Chinese and Japanese can definitely look very similar.
Interestingly,Japanese only share facial similiarities & physical build with southern Han-Chinese & persons of indigenous Tungusic origin like the Manchu people as oppose to northern Han-Chinese for Koreans ... 😊

* Below is a photo of Japanese looking mainland Chinese of pure Manchu heritage.He is Luan Enjie 栾恩杰 ( a very distinctive Manchu surname ), director of the China National Aerospace Administration (CNAA).

姓名:栾恩杰
民族:满族 ( ethnicity: Manchu )
出生年月:1940年11月生
出生地点:辽宁沈阳人 ( birthplace: Liaoning province, native of Shenyang city )

Profile Source: 请问栾恩杰是院士吗?【航天吧】_百度贴吧

Liaoning - Wikipedia

Source: Interview: Why Does China Start Lunar Exploration Program?

luan enjie - Google Search

Attachments

• Luan Enjie ( Manju ).jpg
    Luan Enjie ( Manju ).jpg
    6 KB · Views: 192
Hmm... I've always kind of thought to myself that most of the Japanese people I know or have had contact with could fit into about 40 fdifferent facial templates (granted i'm no academic).

The facial feature of native Japanese is very diverse.You will find some people who certainly retained North Mongoloid feature ( single eyelid, pointed nose, very light skin complexion, small lip, taller stature @ 5'7" for males ).On the other hand,you will come across some individuals who look like Eastern/Southern Chinese.Also,there are local folks who have Malays/Polynesian feature ( Big round eye, snubbed nose, thick lip, dark skin complexion, smaller stature @ 5'5" for males ).

Japanese
100-1.jpg

Korean
200607180010_01korean-1.jpg

Chinese
Ziya_Wei_01-1.jpg

Japanese
111-1.jpg

Korean
koreanhoneylee01-1.jpg

Chinese
xin_140402290916218270202-1.jpg

Japanese
37-1.jpg

Korean
miss_korea1-1.jpg

Chinese
9514516-1.jpg

Japanese
91-1.jpg

Japanese
Kojima Yoshio
Kojima_yoshio-1.jpg

Kojima_yoshio2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't there variations within China itself? To look at the photos there isn't really much difference between the Korean lady and the Chinese lady. Oddly the Japanese lady looks part European. Because it looks like it was taken from a beauty contest I would asume that the make-up would have covered any natural features and possibly "westernised" her looks. Not much of a comparison.

Alllooksame

Aren't there variations within China itself? To look at the photos there isn't really much difference between the Korean lady and the Chinese lady. Oddly the Japanese lady looks part European. Because it looks like it was taken from a beauty contest I would asume that the make-up would have covered any natural features and possibly "westernised" her looks. Not much of a comparison.

As far as I can check on English site, Japanese lady is not part European, at least their names and profiles are Japanese.

Names of two Japanese Ladies:
Mayumi Oogushi (22)
Risa Uchida (20)
231-1.jpg

But it's true beauty contest candidates are hardly representative of overall population of Japan, and China. Cosmetics can hide their true features, plus impressions can change so much by different angles of pictures.

Because you accuse me of less variations in Chinese and Korean candidates, and biases in Japanese candidates, I think it necessary to give a few more pics of candidates of Korea and China, and Japan candidates.

China and Korea
070511_ent_1korea-1.jpg

China
0000040108_20070525132123china-1.jpg

Korea
20070719114931bfz4korea-1.jpg

Japan (Shouldn't look western, yes?)
34-1.jpg

Japan
340-1.jpg

Japan
218-1.jpg

China
610xchina-1.jpg

China
0928_D16-1.jpg

Korea
2007062807204163907_072135_1misskor-1.jpg

Korea
MissKoreabeautyChoiYunyong000-1.jpg

China
xin_1820305141902343915446china-1.jpg

Korea
51365161korea-1.jpg

Korea
55771567korea-1.jpg

Japan
73-1.jpg

Korea
Miss_korea_07_Eun_Ju_Cho-1.jpg

Korea
korea051202miss-1.jpg

China
miss_model_china1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cosmetics

As Mycernius pointed out, Cosmetics does a great job of hiding the natural features. Let me cite two such examples.

Please note that I do not support the surgery theory on these faces. Both of the women's faces seems the result of cosmetics.

Korea
Lee Ji Sun, Miss Universe Korea
0808leejisun-1.jpg

SunLeePicture-1.jpg

The picture below is rather poor example. Orphans tend to have un-developed bones, and particularly around jaws, and eyes. Kids just seem natural to become a Miss Korea.

Korea
Son Tae Young
sontaeyounghp7-1.jpg

I apologize in advance that I could not find the proper pictures of Japanese and Chinese on the comparisons of faces with and without cosmetics.

Last edited:
All Look Same Japanese Korean Chinese

Jomon Japanese
Iriki Mari from Kagoshima
10060775157_siriki-1.jpg

10063505718_siriki-1.jpg

10065239429_siriki-1.jpg

10064146640_siriki-1.jpg

kagoshima2-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
Miyazaki Aoi
08tvMiyazaki1-1.jpg

aoithumb-1.jpg

Japanese
Nonami Maho
nonami_maho-1.jpg

nonami_maho2-1.jpg

nonami_maho5-1.jpg

Japanese, Korean, Chinese All Look Same?

I would like to thank you who viewed this thread. View counts are almost 30000, and soon even more!!
Today, my friends suggested me to make a comparison of some pictures which are posted on each of Japanese, Korean, and Chinese ethnicities. Usually, I pick up all three ethnicities, but some posts did included only Chinese, or only Korea, or only Japan. I would like to amend this by orgazing these images, and present them together.
Jomon Japanese
report0512270001-1.jpg

Chinese
yan2-1.jpg

Korean
choseungwoo1-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
murata_mitsuru3-1.jpg

Korean
parkhaeil1-1.jpg

Chinese
ShirleyKwan-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
cocco_1-1.jpg

Korean
kwonsangwoo1-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
tanakayouji-1.jpg

Chinese
Andy_lau-1.jpg

Korean
shimhyejin1-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
mine_erika-1.jpg

Korean
parksangmyun1-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
kitamurakazuki3-1.jpg

Chinese
AdaChoi1-1.jpg

Korean
leejungjae2-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
mizushima_hiro_hokkaido-1.jpg

Chinese
JessicaHsuan-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
10025434563-1.jpg

Korean
hwangshinhye1-1.jpg

Japanese and Korean All Look Same?

More comparisons.
Jomon Japanese
ikutatoma-1.jpg

Korean
jungjaeyoung1-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
m_060308_noguchi2_thumb-1.jpg

Korean
d0045458_2237312-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
ukaji-1.jpg

ukaji2-1.jpg

Korean
choseungwoo1-1.jpg

Korean
kimheesun2-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
yamazaki_kenji1-1.jpg

Korean
yoojitae2-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
20060519001021-1.jpg

Korean
jinheekyung1-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
20051205-1.jpg

Korean
leesungjae3-1.jpg

Jomon Japanese
abe_hiroshi-1.jpg

Korean
moonsori1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Since many of us has taken the test of alllooksame.com designed by dyske, who first made this site as a joke, we can perhaps talk about it with something more credible than picking 6 persons out of a billion of japanese, chinese, and korean population. Science, whether you like it or not, is one way to evaluate alllooksame.com

This thread made me sign up, cause it's interesting.

I do agree with you that Korean, Chinese and Japapanese ppl look differen and I've seen many Japanese with Jomon phenotypes in Tokyo, but most still have pre-dominantly yayoi/ mongoloid features.

Whats the hype, Germans, Italians and Polish people look different too...

I don't understand your obsession with Jomon phenotypes, cause it's well known that the Ainus are discriminated against in Japan, so it doesnt make sense make sense to me, since the yayo literally wiped most of them out trough intermarriage, slaughter and basically took over Japan.
It seems to me that you (like many other japanese people) have an inferiority/ white worship complex.

People with caucasian features are treated better in Japan. I've had more sex in 6 months in Japan, when I was there for an exchange program than my whole life in America. I've seen hot Japanese girls with average looking/ middle aged Gaijin's. Even Black men are taking your girls.

At the end of the day; Japanese, Chinese, Koreans are all Asian/ Mongoloid how ever you want to call it. Asians face the same struggle in western societies like America. All Asians are stereotyped the same way and mostly portrayed negatively in Hollywood movies...

Because it looks like it was taken from a beauty contest I would asume that the make-up would have covered any natural features and possibly "westernised" her looks. Not much of a comparison.
Now how would this happen? And why would this happen?
I'm slightly offended by this idea that a Japanese would try to make themselves look more "Westernized" for a beauty contest.

Now how would this happen? And why would this happen?
I'm slightly offended by this idea that the Japanese would try to make themselves look more "Westernized" for a beauty contest.

Isn't it because the concept of a beauty pageant itself has its roots in the West and the competition usually takes a format considerably "western"? The Japanese word for a beauty pageant, 美人コンテスト or ミスコンテスト, supports that the idea originated in the west.

I don't see why the beauty contest being Western in origin should have anything to do with looking Western for it. If the beauty contests we had in the West were Eastern in origin I don't think we'd be trying to look Asian for them. When Westerns say Asians are trying to look Western, it sounds downright patronizing. And when Asians do it it sounds downright self victimizing and Pan-Asian and racist towards Westerners.

Many of these so called Jomon Japanese are more Western or Caucasian looking than their other Asian counterparts. I don't see the problem with this. If Japanese are more Caucasian than other Asians, if that's the difference, so be it. What's wrong with being more Western? Genetic studies have shown they do have different genes than other East Asians, so why not phenotypic differences as well? I personally don't care if it makes me sound like some kind of Aryanist for saying so, if I think it's pretty cool that some Japanese people do look more Western. It's certainly a lot better than "omg you think a Japanese person who looks Western is ok? This is racism against Asians!" Especially since these are the same people who turn around and say how horrible it is to be a Western gaijin and the hands of those "horribly racist foreigner hating dirty Japanese".

Well I may not be as big of an Asiaphile as some of the members here and on the internet in general, but I certainly don't hate Asians or I wouldn't be into Japan. I don't think being well rounded person means going from being ok with your own culture, to ok with Japan, to ok with Asia and xenophobic toward Japan and the West. I'm sorry, but I am a Westerner, and I do not hate my own culture and my own people. And if any Japanese people want to think they're Westerns to some degree, then good for them, it's actually comforting to me as a Westerner.

You(people in this thread or on the internet) say it's racism towards Asians. But this is like those Slavic Asian Nazis that are all so popular in Russia, is it more racist to say "yeah sure, you're a bunch of great Caucasians", or to say "Oh you silly Slavic idiots, Hitler would have killed you and thought you inferior, you bunch of wannabe Aryans!"

And as for the Jomon people, they DID look different, and the skull findings we're found to be largely Caucasian. The skull typing, that is. It has nothing to do with an actual lineage. It has to do with mutation, since Mongoloid and Caucasoid skulls both come from a mutation from Negroid skulls that happened in Central Asia due to adaption to the cold. This Jomon time was back in a time when Shinto was still the only religion of Japan, and the Chinese Yamato people had never created an empire there.

I do not think that Caucasian people are treated better in Japan. Just look at all the threads in this forum about racism in Japan. Euro_Hapa, I think YOU are racist towards white people. And from your name, you consider yourself Eurasian, and choose to use the sort of American terminology that has more "fight whitey" implications. You feel that the only way to be Eurasian is to be some sort of mixed blood or half, and act like a white hating Asian on sites like modelminority and yellowworld.com. When there are Central Asians who have not one bit of your silly brainwashing.

Gee, I would much rather be around some half Slavic Half Mongol Neo-Nazi from Russia than some Asian American brainwashed "Hapa" who thinks white people are so oppressive in an age of political correctness and that Japanese people have an inferiority complex and is offended by any similarities between Japanese people and Westerners. Stop victimizing yourselves and stop demonizing us.

Back
Top Bottom