What's new

Notion of ALL LOOK SAME (ALLLOOKSAME.com). Is it really true?

May be...

img062gif-1.jpg

photo#1 ( presumably Jomon ) Japanese star Shishido Kai

referenced post# 112 ( Color Red )

Notion of ALL LOOK SAME (ALLLOOKSAME.com). Is it really true?

photo#2 & #3 Hong Kong Cantonese-Chinese kung-fu film star 陳觀泰

YESASIA : 成記茶樓 DVD - 夏萍, 陳觀泰, 洲立影視 (HK) - 香港影畫 - 郵費全免

YESASIA : 賭王大騙局 DVD - 陳觀泰, 宗華, 洲立影視 (HK) - 香港影畫 - 郵費全免

* Don't forget the view that Northeast Asians (Ainu) mixed with South East Asians ( Malayo-Polynesian speaking peoples) to form the Jomon People.

https://jref.com/showthread.php?t=742&page=8

* 隼人 : オーストロネシア系の古代日本部族
Hayato : An Austronesian speaking tribe in southern Japan

CiNii Article - HAYATO : An Austronesian speaking tribe in southern Japan

Attachments

• 03_04.jpg
    03_04.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 195
  • p1002392525.jpg
    p1002392525.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 221
  • s_p1002947150.jpg
    s_p1002947150.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 188

Attachments

• pzjam002.jpg
    pzjam002.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 186
  • p1000016522.jpg
    p1000016522.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 186
  • p313.jpg
    p313.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Please avoid movie jacket images

You sounds very familiar with Chinese pop stars, and chinese fan web sites. :)

chen_li-1.jpg

This picture illustrates his facial features (Chinese Kung-Fu star) better. Movie jacket images are usually edited with exaggerating shades and colors. If you like to contribute more, please avoid movie jackets and edited images. I have been stating that the selection of images reflects only my views, and as long as you will appreciate the "no-edit" policy, your point will be taken. If you are successful next time, I am going to drop Shishido Kai from modern Jomon list.

Regarding your post dated at 17:45, I think this Japanese girl looks Yayoi and you posted image of chinese girl. Your post is slightly off topic, because we would agree that Yayoi Japanese and Chinese/Korean share the similar lineages.

* photo#1 窶ーツ、窶凖・ナスツ。 ツ( 窶堋ィ窶堋、窶堋ウ窶堋セ窶堙坂?堙ゥ Sadaharu Oh )

His father's homeland is China's Zhejiang province ( former ancient Yue kingdom 窶ーzツ坂? - presumably Austronesian stock ) 😊

Yue (state) - Wikipedia

Sadaharu Oh - Wikipedia

Undergoing Renovation

* photo#2 & #3 ( presumably Jomon (Ryukyu) Japanese
Cocco, from Okinawa 🙂

Attachments

• b166063740700035.jpg
    b166063740700035.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Yayoi Japanese and Chinese/Korean share the similar lineages.:eek:

The migrations in Yayoi period happened way before there was any nation-state in Korea peninsula.And now,the re-evaluations of carbon 14 had indicated the possibility that maybe Yayoi period began 500 years earlier than previously recognized ( BC 800 ).

Source: Annual Report on Research Activity 2004

http://www.rekihaku.ac.jp/kenkyuu/news/index.htm

http://www.rekihaku.ac.jp/kenkyuu/news/hyou.htm

Origin of Japanese people thread : https://jref.com/showthread.php?t=742&page=9

* Japan's Nihongi 日本紀 first documented Korean immigrants in Later Yayoi & Kofun periods.I don't recall any reports that the Koreans who migrated during the Kofun/Nara period was huge enough to caused the gene pool to change.

Astroboy ... excellent post !

The cartoon drawing has some accurate general descriptions of Koreans Chinese Japanese.

* Koreans typically have broad flat face & big-boned ( Mongol & Shandong peninsula Chinese genes )
* Chinese have the generic Asian looks ( Heinz 57 Orientals )
* Japanese typically have sharp narrow faces & slender physical build ( Siberian & indigenous Tungusic genes ).

Astroboy ... excellent post !
The cartoon drawing has some accurate general descriptions of Koreans Chinese Japanese.
* Koreans typically have broad flat face & big-boned ( Mongol & Shandong peninsula Chinese genes )
* Chinese have the generic Asian looks ( Heinz 57 Orientals )
* Japanese typically have sharp narrow faces & slender physical build ( Siberian & indigenous Tungusic genes ).

Let me do you a favor by further describing the latest genetic study by the top researcher.

Dual origins of the Japanese: common ground for hunter-gatherer
and farmer Y chromosomes

Michael F. Hammer, Tatiana M. Karafet, Hwayong Park et al, 2006

japan1-1.jpg

Fig. 2 Maximum-parsimonytree of 44 Y chromosomehaplogroups together with their frequencies in Japan and five Asian regions. Samples sizes for each region: Japan 259; northeast Asia (NEA) 441; Southeast Asia (SEA) 683; central Asia (CAS) 419; south Asia (SAS) 496; Oceania (OCE) 209. Major clades (i.e., Cテ「竄ャ窶彝) are labeled with upper case letters to the left of each clade. Mutation names are given along the branches. The length of each branch is not proportional to the number of mutations or the age of the mutation. Dotted lines indicate internal nodes not defined by downstream markers (i.e., paragroups). The names of the 41 haplogroups observed in the present study are shown to the right of the branches. Haplogroup frequencies are shown on the far right, and frequencies of selected Japanese clades are shown within black boxes.

japan2-1.jpg

Below is the description on the three major genetic lineages of Japanese people.

Haplogroup C (M130, M216)
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Mongolia, the Russian Far East, Polynesia, Australia, and at moderate frequency in the Korean Peninsula, Manchuria, Japan and India.
*about 10% of Japanese population has Haplogroup C

Haplogroup D (M174)
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Tibet, Japanese Archipelago (Ainu of Japan), Andaman Islands, Tajikistan
*about 35% of Japanese population has Haplogroup D

Haplogroup O (M175):
High frequencies among the indigenous populations of Austronesia, China (Sino-Tibetan, Han chinese of China), Tai, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hmong-Mien, Japan, Korean Peninsula
*about 50% of Japanese population has Haplogroup O

Don't forget the view that Northeast Asians (Ainu) mixed with South East Asians ( Malayo-Polynesian speaking peoples) to form the Jomon People.

This view is new to me, and mainstream geneticist. Ainu is usually not grouped with Northeast Asian. South east asian is not an isolate gene stock, and known to share the Haplogroup O, the most dominant (90%) in East Asians including Southern Han Chinese, Northern Han Chinese.

https://jref.com/showthread.php?t=742&page=8
* 窶敖ケツ人 : ニ棚ツーニ湛ニ暖ニ陳哉値ニ歎ニ但ナ地窶堙固津??佚」窶愿コ窶怒窶「窶昶?伉ー
Hayato : An Austronesian speaking tribe in southern Japan
CiNii Article - HAYATO : An Austronesian speaking tribe in southern Japan

The article is published in 1998, and did not link with updated results of genetic science. Before you post, please give a courtesy of citing publication years and at least an abstract of article.

Haplogroup K (M-9):
Melanesian, New Guinean, indigenous people of Fiji, Solomon Islands
*Japanese people is not known to have this haplogroup.

Haplogroup K is found at low to moderate frequencies (5%) in the indigenous population of South east Asia, Northern Han Chinese and Souther Han Chinese.

DNA charts for Japanese Chinese Koreans ....
遺伝子・DNAから日本人を考える

That's a chart from the 1998 TV documentary of NHK broadcast. Studies and statistics are solely based on mtDNA surveys, highly unreliable methodology in human genetics. I also question the domestic research survey solely done by one Japanese professor, Horai.

Horai published a book in 1997, and results are mostly then-2 years old (listed below), meaning that the chart you give much credits are done on 1990-1995, ancient by the standard of genetic science.

Horai S., Hayasaka K., Kondo R., Tsugane K. and Takahata N.: Recent African origin of modern humans revealed by complete sequences of hominoid mito chondrial DNAs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 92, 532-536, 1995.
Horai S.: Evolution and origins of man: clues from complete sequences of hominoid mitochondrial DNA. Southeast Asian J. Trop. Med. Publ. Health, 26(Suppl. 1), 146-154, 1995.
Horai S.: Origin of Homo sapiens inferred from the age of the common ancestral human mitochondrial DNA. In The origin and past of modern humans as viewed from DNA (S. Brenner and K. Hanihara, eds.), pp. 171-185, World Scientific, 1995.
1Horai S., Kondo R., Sonoda S. and Tajima K.: The first Americans: Different waves of migration to the New World inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequence polymorphisms. In Prehistoric dispersal of Mongoloids, (T. Akazawa and E. Szathmary, eds.), pp. 270-283, Oxford University Press, 1996.

A chart I quoted above is both 2005, and 2006, and done by the reputed western scholors, for that reason, I tend to believe them comparing to the studies based on outdated unreliable methodology, without an international team, and published 12 years ago.

Chinese Facial Features

Chinese
Nicolas Tse
Nicolas_Tse2-1.jpg

chinese_singer7-1.jpg

Nicolas_Tse3-1.jpg

Chinese
chinese_singer6-1.jpg

Chinese
chinese_singer5-1.jpg

Chinese
chinese_singer4-1.jpg

Chinese
chinese_singer3-1.jpg

Yuchun-1.jpg

Chinese
chinese_singer2-1.jpg

Chinese
chinese_singer-1.jpg

Last edited:
Funny .. ( Ahem ) you unscientifically selected presumably Jomon looks have facial similiarities of SE Asians.😊

As we all know,typical NE Asians have flat pancake faces & single-lidded little-bitty eyes .🙂

Chinese Facial Features

To tokapi, Murasaki Shikibu (973–1025)) lived milleminum ago, and she had no recorded photos to compare to your fellow chinese girl.

tokapi said:
very Japanese-looking 楊二車娜姆 ( photo below ).She was in the world news late last year for publicized marriage proposal to French president Sarsky. 楊二車娜姆 reminds me of 紫式部 Murasaki Shikibu ...

Chinese
yan1-1.jpg

Chinese
yan2-1.jpg

Chinese
yan3-1.jpg

Chinese
yan4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Facial features

Konnyaku said:
The unusual features of the Japanese that set them apart clearly in most cases from any of the continental East Asians are:

1) Japanese tend to have a more pronounced facial topography (i.e., a rather "bumpy" or "projecting" look to the face, such as around the eyebrows, rather than the smooth and flat contours of Chinese or Koreans)

2) Japanese tend to have a more perceptually salient nose. This can be either more salient in simply the degree of projection from the surface of the face, or more salient in terms of the total volume of the nose (i.e., including the width). In general, Japanese seem to exhibit a much greater variety of nose sizes and shapes than do continental East Asians, and I have met many Japanese who even have "bumpy" noses with several bulges and constrictions in the contour of the nose, as I have otherwise only observed in Europeans. Chinese and Koreans appear to have only smooth-contoured noses, regardless of whether they are flat and broad (as is common in southern Chinese, Vietnamese, etc.) or narrow and slightly projecting. This feature is particularly relevant for distinguishing Japanese men from Chinese or Korean men, because women of every nationality tend to be rather paedomorphic when it comes to their noses.

3) Japanese people tend to have a diminutive lower facial region. They often have small jaws, which may be the direct cause of their propensity for having poor alignment of the teeth. Continental East Asians, on the other hand, seem to have huge jaws, flaring malars (cheekbones), and a generally large and imposing lower face when viewed from a Caucasian perspective.

As for distinguishing Chinese and Koreans by sight, I think it is quite difficult, but not impossible. They both have a propensity for big faces with a smoothly rounded outline, but Koreans tend to be more extreme in the width of their faces, so that they often have a nearly circular look, whereas Chinese tend to have more elliptical faces when viewed directly from the front. Chinese also more frequently have double eyelids and larger eyes that seem to bulge out of their (flat) sockets. Korean people tend to have very small eyes and no eyelid creases. Among East Asians, Chinese people also have a peculiar tendency towards prognathism, so that they often have bulging mouths that look somewhat reminiscent of black Africans. The big, bulgy eyes and mouth that appear so frequently among Chinese people seem to me to suggest some sort of affinity with populations of Southeast Asia. Also, I'm not totally sure about this, but I have a hunch that Koreans more frequently have a sort of oily shine to their skin, whereas Chinese people's skin tends to be more dull and dry-looking.

They may look similar but there are distinct differences as illustrated by Konnyaku. You also cannot miss Vietnamese who look very similar to Chinese rather than to Korean or to Japanese.

compare to chinese girl.

Chinese
yan4-1.jpg

For your information,Chinese population has countless Mongoloid origins 🙂

You still don't know ( 楊二車娜姆 ) her ethnic origin .. haha 😊

Hey,Color red dude.Is there a reason why you e-mailed me in one simple message " are you ok ? " :eek:

Back
Top Bottom