What's new

Ninjutsu---The Way of the Ninja

Kei Kusanagi said:
...*sigh* ...!!! We can talk about other stuff, guys:p

You're not limited to participating in just this one thread, you know.

Hideki_Matsui_Beast said:
That maybe be true but did you hear that Chuck Norris is suing NBC because Law and Order are the names of his left and right leg?

Yeah, I've heard that. Can you say "nuisance suit" boys and girls? Since I seriously doubt he copyrighted "Law & Order" like NBC had, then the Chuckster doesn't have so much as a leg to stand on, pardon the pun.

hmmm

I was into ninjutsu for a while ...then turned to ju-jitsu when I realised... if the ninja had some kind of secret knowledge... they wouldnt jsut share it and make it a public martial art, right?... :?

so the martial art most close to their :way" is ju-jitsu.... and thats what I have been doing the last 8 years.. oh.. wait... thats a lie. .the last 2 years I have been proscrastinating A LOT... I am a shame for my dojo... :(

This has been a really, really good thread. I have work to do, but have just read on and on. It's even a bit 'ninja-like' in that isn't easy to identify it all with a simple description, or say exactly what it IS about. Any ninja would be proud.

Call me foolish, but I actually have a question about historical ninjutsu, pertaining to the Yagyu family. I toss it in here just to add some counterpoint. My original reading and orientation to the Yagyus was based around their family's sword study, its merging with Kage system, and their subsequent history as fencing instructors to the Tokagawa Shogunate. But, off and on, mostly in peripheral entertainment mediums like movies or the "Lone Wolf and Cub" stories, I kept picking up on very heavy ninja associations to the Yagyus, and assumed these to be totally ficticious. Interestingly, however, some of this seems borne out in other, more serious work on weaponry, etc. that I have come across. Does anyone out there have any historical information or insight on whether the Yagyus actually performed clandestine work for the Shogunate, etc. (Just for the record, I'm not threatening anyone's life.)

Back
Top Bottom