What's new

Naruto going english?

mizerable_d

I'm not fat...just fluffy
19 Sep 2004
ok this might just be a rumor, but i heard that they are making an english doubbed version of Naruto, and naimg in "Nathan's great adventures". is this true? please tell me its not true, they're goona ruin it! TnT

In what cave did u live the last 4 weeks honey ? :p That's old news and YES it's true...the americans seem to have a skill to f**k anime and make it a dumbass version because they aren't able to just TRANSLATE the damn anime :eek:

wah!!!!!!!! omg! im dying! Naruto and "nathan" doesnt not relate wats so ever! TnT *runs off to bomb the studio*

They will get retard names like Sasuke = mark and **** like that....*throws stones at americans responsible for this mallpractice* *shakes fist*>.< 🔫

Well tonnami is airing it in the fourth quarter (last 3 months of the year) right now they only have ep 1-60 i also heard that gara will be called gary.

Ackmm7 said:
Well tonnami is airing it in the fourth quarter (last 3 months of the year) right now they only have ep 1-60 i also heard that gara will be called gary.
Gary??? what are they trying to make of it ??? POKEMON nツ≫?ケ2 ????? argh >_________________________< *shakes even more with fists* :kaioken: :banghead:

RockLee said:
They will get retard names like Sasuke = mark and **** like that....*throws stones at americans responsible for this mallpractice* *shakes fist*>.< 🔫
*throws with him*

omg GARY?! T______________________________________T words cannot describe how sad i am at the moment...

mizerable_d said:
ok this might just be a rumor, but i heard that they are making an english doubbed version of Naruto, and naimg in "Nathan's great adventures". is this true? please tell me its not true, they're goona ruin it! TnT
The whole Nathan's great Adventure was an april fools joke. Yes, Naruto is liscensed by Funimation and don't worry there will be lots of blood still. 👍

Thor said:
The whole Nathan's great Adventure was an april fools joke. Yes, Naruto is liscensed by Funimation and don't worry there will be lots of blood still. 👍
That's where u are wrong..look at Dragon ball z bubba...they cut out all the blood and stuff like that... like when android 17 breaks Vegeta's arm.. :eek:

Last edited:
ya same with yugioh, they cut out the parts where yugi burns people... T_T *kills them*

hold on a second........yugi kills people??????HAHAHA

(are you gays seious about the "nathons great adventures"and the gary and stuff?)

if so....america sucks....

antaBAKA said:
hold on a second........yugi kills people??????HAHAHA

(are you gays seious about the "nathons great adventures"and the gary and stuff?)

if so....america sucks....
gays ? o_O nathons o_O ?? if u mean Guys and nathan's and all that, then the answer is YES....and YES I know the americans rape japanese anime :)

Wow there seems to be a lot of inaccuracies in here so I'll leave a post to clear some stuff up.

Naruto has been licensed by Shopro which is a new division of Viz. It has licensed series like Megaman NT Warrior before and Konjiki no Gash Bell. No one knows at this time what will happen to Naruto, but based on watching Gash Bell now known as "Zatch Bell", I have a feeling it's not going to receive mercy from the edit room. I understand the edits on stuff like nudity, but Shopro edited names for all of the characters and made them more Americanized except for Kyomaro which ended up more of a shorter Kiyo, but it's still an name edit.

So what will happen to Naruto? Well they didn't announce the name being changed right away like the did with Gash so I'm betting Naruto will still be called Naruto. But as for the rest fo the characters, it's unknown until more details are released or the series premires this fall on Toonami. Just have to wait until then before freaking out.

Correction: American studios only edit series they think appeal to a kid friendly audience. Series like One Piece and Naruto really had no chance of ever being acquired unless they could gain an audience that would support a TV run. The reason is because both series have licenses that require a big investment. Both are too cartoony to show to teens and adults so companies that pick up these licenses do so intending to show them to children in order to guarantee a return. Unfortunately, you can't show blood and gore to children on TV in the US so edits have to be made. Plus most kids don't usually care if the main character is named Ryuu or Ryan so usually names are changed so the kids can relate to them. While it sucks for fans that have knowledge of the series, companies have to guarantee a return on each series they invest in, otherwise there wouldn't be Anime or manga period in the US.

All fans can really ask for is uncut DVDs in the end, but they pretty much blew that when both the uncut versions of Yugioh and Shaman King didn't sell well. So in the future, it isn't going to financially sound for companies to bother with uncut versions of series they acquire for the childrens market. That's why I don't see the US ever getting an uncut version of One Piece, but Naruto may stand a chance if people apply some pressure to Viz.

And in reality, American versions aren't near as bad as some series that have been released in other countries. The Latin American version of One Piece faced worse name changes and edits and while I don't remember them at the moment, other series have faced edits worldwide. Just depends on the culture of your country.

Naruto Episode 127-128 : Wait Sasuke! Catch up to Sasuke and Rage is out!

Naruto Episode 127-128 : Wait Sasuke! Catch up to Sasuke and Rage is out! direct download at animationmax.com! English subtitled included! You can get all series from 1 to 128!

I don't see what you guys are so surprised over. I mean, Toonami's getting it for Chrissakes. Of course it's going to be ruined from what you all fell in love with.

no im saying that translating it into english is insulting the anime, thats all.

Back
Top Bottom