Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I don't really care for it.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Tasteless.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Just plain nasty.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like it very much....I only eat it once or twice a year though. (esp. New Year's) with my mom.... :)
I have heard that old people sometimes die when eating mochi, as they get choked..it is important to chew it properly when eating, and sometimes they can't because of fake teeths or something....

Miss_apollo7 said:
I like it very much....I only eat it once or twice a year though. (esp. New Year's) with my mom.... :)
I have heard that old people sometimes die when eating mochi, as they get choked..it is important to chew it properly when eating, and sometimes they can't because of fake teeths or something....

Standard end-of-winter news item: how many old folks choked to death on mochi

Standard end-of-summer news item: how many infants and toddlers died in parked cars while their parents played pachinko

Miss_apollo7 said:

I like mochi very much too. However, it would be easy to choke on, especially when it is cooked in a soup. The soggy mass tends to stick together and descend down one's gullet intact, therefore it is essential that a person only take small bites.

--Bob

I like mochi, although I'm not fond of mochi balls with red bean paste inside. Sad but true. I enjoy the texture of mochi, though I know a lot of people don't like that particular aspect. And I'm crazy for all the pretty colors. Whee! :eek:

I would like to try the slightly burnt mochi on skewers--I forget what it's called.

have to get updated!

man i wanted to study japanese so now i have to get updated with all these volcabulary! whats mochi? :?

I agree, buts Its real good, especially as a appetizer or a desert after of Udon. I like my Udon, with chunks of fish, and seaweed in it. What else is moichi good for, I heard some people have it for a breakfast dish, but I think thats a little crazy.

Cool, Is there a specific kind of rice they use, and can I get a receipe for moichi. I want to make some for my family for next Christmas.

Bob in Iowa said:
Yes, it is sticky and very dense.

It is like chewing gum with no taste...it is the soup which gives the flavour.... :)

I like it, and don't mind eating this once a year.... 🙂

We made some on the 31st! We had three types: 1. wrapped in seaweed with soy sauce...2. with a sesame seed coating...3. with a type of brown sugar coating.

They were all delicious. Then later that night we had it in the soup (I really didn't like it that way...a little too chewy then!)

I LOVE mochi, I like different types of mochi and its really good, though you do have to chew good or else you might choke.

You know I didn't now that old folks actually choke on it, thats a first for me.

Sigh, I've heard so much good things about mochi, but when I tried it I thouht it was pretty plain. Maybe I chose a wrong flavor. For right now, I'd take dango over mochi anyday. 👍

I remember eating mochi w/ a friend of mine (which seemed really hard by the way w/ chopsticks)... and she told me about the old people... it was both amusing and sad at the same time for the same reasons.

Enjoy your mochi!

To me mochi is like a bag of densely packed marshmellows with a crisp outside... about the same consistancy too.

Mochi ga suki desu!!! honto ga suki. It's been a love in our family for a very long time, very nogstalgic for the entire family...

I really love mochi, and after I found the 1kg bags of it on sale for 200yen I went crazy and bought a lot. Because I had so much I decided to try all different toppings on it after it had been grilled. I do love mochi in soup, and with soy sauce, but I just had to try new toppings. Some of the best experiments were:
American peanut butter (my favorite!!!)
Jelly
Black sesame sauce
Maple syrup

Mochi became more of an after-school snack for me, although my Japanese friends thought I was absolutely insane for thinking this up...

Kamakiri said:
I really love mochi, and after I found the 1kg bags of it on sale for 200yen I went crazy and bought a lot.
Ikg of mochi for 200yen? That's cheap!
I haven't eaten mochi since last July.
It's hard to get one in Australia. :(

Ahhh...we will be making mochi next week! I enjoy eating it, but making it can be very difficult...especially now since I have recently hurt my back at work!

CC1 said:
Ahhh...we will be making mochi next week! I enjoy eating it, but making it can be very difficult...especially now since I have recently hurt my back at work!

Do you do "MOCHI TUKI"?

toku1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom