What's new

Does anyone like green tea icecream?

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
I had the best parfait of my life in Uji. They ruined green tea ice cream ice cream for me, because it all tastes awful in comparison.

Reaction score
I had the best parfait of my life in Uji. They ruined green tea ice cream ice cream for me, because it all tastes awful in comparison.

Yes, they make lovely green tea ice cream in Uji and did you know the oldest tea shop in Japan is located their?

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score
Aaah, I dislike Green Tea Ice cream a lot. Even Wasabi Ice cream tastes better.

Just give me some Chocolate or Strawberry ice cream and I am more than happy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Green Tea Ice Cream differs from shop to Shop.

A shop in Arashiyama Kyoto sells it and it's honeslty disgusting.

This little shop by the river in Uji is really Yummy, although I guess not for all..

The green Tea itself ..YUK

Deedily

後輩
Reaction score
I've had green tea ice cream only once, when I was young, and I've been wanting to have another taste~
😄

Dogen Z

aka YOSUQUE
Reaction score
Matcha Latte

Starbucks has been serving matcha latte for some time now. I assume it must be popular although I've never had it. BTW, Cold Stone Creamery seems to be quite popular in Tokyo. But Hagen Daz and Baskin and Robbins are also very good. 👍

Last edited:

Ashikaga

もちもちした食感
Reaction score
I do enjoy green tea ice cream every now and then but what I like so much better is shaved ice with condensed milk with a drizzle of maccha green tea.
The bitterness of the tea in perfect harmony with the rich sweetness of the condensed milk.... it's heaven.

Megwa

後輩
Reaction score
*raises hand* I really like green tea and green tea ice cream~ ^^

midorineko

先輩
Reaction score
I had some green tea and purple sweet potato swirled soft serve in Kamakura. It was tasty. In general, I like green tea ice cream.

ArmandV

Eight Times To Japan
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to go to business lunches at Benihana of Tokyo and had green tea ice cream. Good stuff!

Top Bottom