What's new

MEXT Scholarship through University Recommendation

ah greet! which university you applied? same Kobe? btw I applied for the Graduated school of Engineering.
but do the check for first section of selections? before english test and interview?

We're on different university. I apply Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Science in Hiroshima University. So I'm sorry I can't answer your question since I don't know the selection process in Kobe University. Good luck!

We're on different university. I apply Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Science in Hiroshima University. So I'm sorry I can't answer your question since I don't know the selection process in Kobe University. Good luck!
Thanks, good luck

So, im wondering. We have been accepted by the universities and recommended to MEXT, when will we hear news from the scholarship again? July? I got accepted in a PGP program but im nervous about this.

So, im wondering. We have been accepted by the universities and recommended to MEXT, when will we hear news from the scholarship again? July? I got accepted in a PGP program but im nervous about this.
I am in the same situation as you. As far as I know from this thread and other website, MEXT will send the results by the end of July. My school notification letter said is by early of July, but I think better assume is end of July.
I am a bit nervous too, but seems that as long as we got recommended, the chance of getting the scholarship is over 90%, unless MEXT found some unqualified eligibility.

I also in the same position as you. My professor told me that he already recommend me to MEXT but there is no further information about the details. Last year the results are announced at early June, so I guess its a nervous days until then.

Well according to TITECH in my case, i will have to send the physical application form in summer, which starts on June 21. Seems to be the standard procedure. If anything we already made it through the hardest part.

@John Doe:
Last year, a friend of mine was accepted in TITECH through MEXT university recommendation and she got the result in May. So, maybe you also will get the announcement this month. Good luck!

I haven't. What category are you in? Is it general or pgp?
I'm in pgp category and the university informed me that the result will be announced in July.
I think I belong to pgp. Yes, the school also told me that the result will be announced in July. Just curious if anyone has any update.
Here is a bit quiet recently, try to draw more attentions :emoji_laughing:.

I think I belong to pgp. Yes, the school also told me that the result will be announced in July. Just curious if anyone has any update.
Here is a bit quiet recently, try to draw more attentions :emoji_laughing:.
Yeah, this forum was usually quite active at this time of year .
I'm a bit nervous tho.
Which university did you apply to? I'm sorry if it's been asked before. I don't bother checking the old pages, makes me anxious .

Yeah, this forum was usually quite active at this time of year .
I'm a bit nervous tho.
Which university did you apply to? I'm sorry if it's been asked before. I don't bother checking the old pages, makes me anxious .
I applied to Kyoto University. A bit nervous too, fingers cross.

I haven't. What category are you in? Is it general or pgp?
I'm in pgp category and the university informed me that the result will be announced in July.
BTW, did your school tell you that the result will be announced by early July or by the end of July? My school told me it is by early July, but from old posts in this forum, it looks like at the end of July.
Just to have a benchmark so that we will not be too worried when July is coming.

BTW, did your school tell you that the result will be announced by early July or by the end of July? My school told me it is by early July, but from old posts in this forum, it looks like at the end of July.
Just to have a benchmark so that we will not be too worried when July is coming.
My university said "around July to August" :emoji_sweat_smile:.
I hope it's early July :emoji_fingers_crossed:. This waiting, silence, and uncertainty are killing me.

Hi guys, The university said that the MEXT result will be available at July (they didn't specify on early or last of the month). I don't know whether I were in general category or PGP, but my program were not listed in here The International Priority Graduate Programs (PGP) -Advanced Graduate Courses for Internarional Students-:文部科学省 . Just wondering, Is it possible that the general category result also will be announced in July?
Hi Amiyuko, then let assume result will come out at the end of July is better.
The link you share is old (though I don't know why MEXT don't renew their website), if you click inside, every pdf shows it is a 2006 program.
A newer version is this one,
http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/ryugaku/boshu/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2017/12/01/1398647_1.pdf
but the names listed inside are not really accurate, you will find a program in school website with a name slightly different from what you see in this link.

anyone also going for Tsukuba University?

I am also waiting for the MEXT Reccomendation results, this silence is killing me :(
I guess another month of waiting

anyone also going for Tsukuba University?

I am also waiting for the MEXT Reccomendation results, this silence is killing me :emoji_frowning2:
I guess another month of waiting
I didn't apply to Tsukuba, but we should get our results from MEXT around the same time.
And hey, I'm Indonesian too btw, which part of the country are you from?

Does anyone know someone who was recommended in PGP category but didn't get the scholarship in the end?
Because reading the old posts in this thread about people who got recommended in general category but got rejected by MEXT in the end makes me a bit worried.

I didn't apply to Tsukuba, but we should get our results from MEXT around the same time.
And hey, I'm Indonesian too btw, which part of the country are you from?
hello there, I came from Jakarta. :) how about you, where do you come from? What university did you apply for?

I intend to apply MEXT scholarship (university recommendation) of Tohoku university.
So I contact some prof. already, by the way I would like to know What time this scholarship will start register and What kind of documents I have to prepare?

hello there, I came from Jakarta. 🙂: how about you, where do you come from? What university did you apply for?
Ah, Jakarta. So maybe we can apply visa to the embassy together :emoji_grinning:, if (hopefully) we get good results :emoji_fingers_crossed:.
I currently am living in Bandung. I applied to Tohoku University.

I intend to apply MEXT scholarship (university recommendation) of Tohoku university.
So I contact some prof. already, by the way I would like to know What time this scholarship will start register and What kind of documents I have to prepare?
The admission usually starts at the end of the year or the beginning of next year (November-January) depends on the program you're planning to apply for.
The documents are pretty standard just like other universities. Language proficiency certificate, letters of recommendation, research plan, and other documents like diploma, transcript, passport, etc.

The admission usually starts at the end of the year or the beginning of next year (November-January) depends on the program you're planning to apply for.
The documents are pretty standard just like other universities. Language proficiency certificate, letters of recommendation, research plan, and other documents like diploma, transcript, passport, etc.
Wowww, thank you so much for your data.

Back
Top Bottom