What's new

MEXT Scholarship through University Recommendation

Yeah, I am thinking the same way, why the student section has not sent me an email?. But at least, my Proffesor would know ıf I am rejected, right? I am still trying to think in a positive way.
I dont want to bother them anymore so I am hesitating to ask them again.
But thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, you're right it would be possible. I see, good luck! hope the best for you.

Thank you so much! I am really relieved to hear that.
I asked my university the same question. I was already exchanging a lot of emails so I felt I should get an official email from them and asked them. the person told me the offi
Thank you so much! I am really relieved to hear that.
Sorry to say this now but you should confirm with your university.
My university initially said they were going to recommend me and I got an email from academic affairs saying I was selected. But today I got another email saying that the slots were reduced to 3 and that I was out from the previously selected 9 candidates.
This was at tohoku university. I assumed they knew of the reduction in slots, for gods sake I knew of it, lol.

I asked my university the same question. I was already exchanging a lot of emails so I felt I should get an official email from them and asked them. the person told me the offi

Sorry to say this now but you should confirm with your university.
My university initially said they were going to recommend me and I got an email from academic affairs saying I was selected. But today I got another email saying that the slots were reduced to 3 and that I was out from the previously selected 9 candidates.
This was at tohoku university. I assumed they knew of the reduction in slots, for gods sake I knew of it, lol.

So sorry to hear that.
I am feeling like I should get an official answer from them now. That process really drains all the energy out of me.

So sorry to hear that.
I am feeling like I should get an official answer from them now. That process really drains all the energy out of me.

Hello

I am new here. I also applied to Osaka University MEXT recommendation. Been worried and checking my email everyday (inbox and spam) but until now have not heard anything from them.

Did you received any email from them?

Thanks in advance.

Hello

I am new here. I also applied to Osaka University MEXT recommendation. Been worried and checking my email everyday (inbox and spam) but until now have not heard anything from them.

Did you received any email from them?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
No, I have not heard anything from the International Office as well. I contacted my Proffesor and he said 'It will be announced in June. I am also expecting a mail from the Office but they have not send it yet.
Have you contacted your professor or International office?
Please let me know when you got an answer from the Office.
Good luck!

Hi!
No, I have not heard anything from the International Office as well. I contacted my Proffesor and he said 'It will be announced in June. I am also expecting a mail from the Office but they have not send it yet.
Have you contacted your professor or International office?
Please let me know when you got an answer from the Office.
Good luck!

Yes, I contacted both my professor and the International office. My professor, unfortunately said he cannot tell me the results himself, its mostly cause I don't think he knows it. When I asked the office last February they replied:

"The examination is under way now by professors of the program.The result of primary selection as a candidate for MEXT scholarship student will be announced by the end of March, 2020.
Please wait for a while"

The application guide line said that there's two screeninga preliminary where they do an interview for selected candidate and a final selection by the JP government by the end of July.
For the interview, I believe I don't need it cause my professor already knows me well and based on a similar situation before. But what I am worried about is the guideline said that around the end of March they will notify considered preliminary candidates.
Until now I did not received any update, is it because they will only notified those who were selected? These worries me a lot as its also written that they do not reply to individual inquiries regarding decisions ☹

Just today I email the office again, hopefully they reply.
One last thing, may I know what school did you apply for? I applied to the school of engineering. I am wondering if its different for every school.

Yes, I contacted both my professor and the International office. My professor, unfortunately said he cannot tell me the results himself, its mostly cause I don't think he knows it. When I asked the office last February they replied:

"The examination is under way now by professors of the program.The result of primary selection as a candidate for MEXT scholarship student will be announced by the end of March, 2020.
Please wait for a while"

The application guide line said that there's two screeninga preliminary where they do an interview for selected candidate and a final selection by the JP government by the end of July.
For the interview, I believe I don't need it cause my professor already knows me well and based on a similar situation before. But what I am worried about is the guideline said that around the end of March they will notify considered preliminary candidates.
Until now I did not received any update, is it because they will only notified those who were selected? These worries me a lot as its also written that they do not reply to individual inquiries regarding decisions ☹

One last thing, may I know what school did you apply for? I applied to the school of engineering. I am wondering if its different for every school.

I applied to Graduate School of Dentistry. And According to my application Guidelines, the official result will be announced in June, not July. Also, as far as I know they can do an interview before they choose candidates. But it s all up to the graduate school you apply.
So, the process may be different in the other graduate schools.
I do not know as well why they did not let us know regarding the results.
I hope office will reply you soon.
And hopefully, we both got good news!

Please wait for a while"

Any updates from your last post? Delays happen and it happened to me before.

I applied to Graduate School of Dentistry. And According to my application Guidelines, the official result will be announced in June, not July. Also, as far as I know they can do an interview before they choose candidates. But it s all up to the graduate school you apply.
So, the process may be different in the other graduate schools.
I do not know as well why they did not let us know regarding the results.
I hope office will reply you soon.
And hopefully, we both got good news!
Also, kindly note that they're understaffed these days due to coronavirus, so that will also delay the process. But rest assured, they're working hard to help out the applicants.

Any updates from your last post? Delays happen and it happened to me before.

Hello, yes they finally reply, but sadly its not a good news. First, they told me that they have sent the notification to the wrong email address. Kinda makes me question how they made such mistake when they once emailed me so I can submit additional documents :( Then they mention that the notification email was to inform me that I did not qualify to the program (I know very sad I waited for nothing :cry:)

At the moment I'm preparing my application as a privately-finance student to the same program instead. My plan is to get a Japanese private scholarship as a replacement. And just apply for tuition fee exemption everytime. For those who really want to join the program but didn't get MEXT this is an option if you do not want to wait another year.

For those whose still waiting for reply, I believe you should get a the final notification around June-July. Goodluck everyone!!! :) and be safe especially this time.

Hello, yes they finally reply, but sadly its not a good news. First, they told me that they have sent the notification to the wrong email address. Kinda makes me question how they made such mistake when they once emailed me so I can submit additional documents :( Then they mention that the notification email was to inform me that I did not qualify to the program (I know very sad I waited for nothing :cry:)

At the moment I'm preparing my application as a privately-finance student to the same program instead. My plan is to get a Japanese private scholarship as a replacement. And just apply for tuition fee exemption everytime. For those who really want to join the program but didn't get MEXT this is an option if you do not want to wait another year.

For those whose still waiting for reply, I believe you should get a the final notification around June-July. Goodluck everyone!!! :) and be safe especially this time.
I am sorry to hear this @Alacat. I can feel you here. But please don't lose hope. As long as we are alive, there's always hope. :)
Also, that's an excellent move to continue your application as a privately-financed student to the same program you have applied. And yes, once you entered the university of your choice, you can inquire for a BUNCH of scholarships they have right after you enter the university. They will be also be happy to assist you for the requirements and eligibility too. My piece of advice here is that, please keep your grades as high as possible (or if you can strive hard to get an A+ for every subject), then you will have higher possibilities to get recommendations from your university EASILY to the locally recognized scholarship funds. Please let us know your story after your entrance to your desired university. Will pray for your success. :)

Hi ! I hope this thread is alive. My prospective adviser interview me and said he will recommend me thru MEXT university recommendation. I have some questions.

1. I read some applicant here send their documents to their professor and not in student affairs. I am confuse to whom I send my documents.
2. I am confuse to Field of study, research topic and research program
Field of study - should I put and describe my previous research. and explain what I want to study in their university?
Research Topic - it is okay the format for this is like '' Abstract and background and significance'' like a traditional thesis style.
Research program - What exactly to put here? it is the reason why you want to research this or the methodologies(experiments)?
3. For the Academic Report. What kind of documents is this? I ask my graduate school they said that this one is already included in my transcript. how do I tell it to Japan University. I am scared they will think my documents is incomplete.
Thank you!

1. I read some applicant here send their documents to their professor and not in student affairs. I am confuse to whom I send my documents.
Please follow the directions of your university. Some /depts ask their profs to handle some of the initial screening (for bigger universities it is usually done by the international section of the dept, in coordination with admission committee, international exchange committee, and profs involved. So the method may vary.

2. I am confuse to Field of study, research topic and research program
Field of study - should I put and describe my previous research. and explain what I want to study in their university?

please read the guidelines (usually available in PDF from your university)

Research Topic - it is okay the format for this is like '' Abstract and background and significance'' like a traditional thesis style.
Research program - What exactly to put here? it is the reason why you want to research this or the methodologies(experiments)?

3. For the Academic Report. What kind of documents is this? I ask my graduate school they said that this one is already included in my transcript. how do I tell it to Japan University.

And email the contact person (The place you're supposed to deliver your documents to) and ask.
Normally they will check your documents and follow up if there's a problem.

I am scared they will think my documents is incomplete.
Thank you!
Hope that helps.
I know it doesn't seem helpful for me to say read the guidelines, but the guidelines have everything you need and you need to read them more carefully. Every university is slightly different so I can't tell you exactly what you need to do beyond read the guidelines very carefully

Please follow the directions of your university. Some /depts ask their profs to handle some of the initial screening (for bigger universities it is usually done by the international section of the dept, in coordination with admission committee, international exchange committee, and profs involved. So the method may vary.

And email the contact person (The place you're supposed to deliver your documents to) and ask.
Normally they will check your documents and follow up if there's a problem.

Hope that helps.
I know it doesn't seem helpful for me to say read the guidelines, but the guidelines have everything you need and you need to read them more carefully. Every university is slightly different so I can't tell you exactly what you need to do beyond read the guidelines very carefully
Hi! Thank you for answering my Questions.

I have another question about recommendation letter. Our Dean ask if he is the one who will send the letter. I checked the guidelines they did not mention any of this.
should I enclosed it in a enveloped or our dean is the one who will send it or I will just submit it as is as one page letter together with other documents?

I am applying for the University recommendation. Thank you! (P.S I also ask the student affairs but takes time before they reply and the deadline is in just few days)

I have another question about recommendation letter. Our Dean ask if he is the one who will send the letter. I checked the guidelines they did not mention any of this.
should I enclosed it in a enveloped or our dean is the one who will send it or I will just submit it as is as one page letter together with other documents?

In general, Japanese universities are not to strict on this, if it does not specify, then you are probably OK putting it in the envelope. BUT it should be in a sealed envelope from the university so you can not "see" or change the information.

BUT I cannot actually tell you exactly because each university handles its own admissions, so again please check with the office.

BUT I will tell you that in mots Japanese universities the deadlines are absolute. If you miss the deadlines, your application will NOT be considered.

Our dean ask me to write the letter and he already put his signature but he did not sealed in envelope. He just give me back the letter. Do you think I will have problem regarding to this?

I read the pdf guidelines it just mention that it needed to be addressed to university president.

hello regarding to transcript and graduation certificate does authentication of this document is needed?
Currently I am not in my home country. But I do have my transcript and graduation certificate but its already authenticated(red ribbon) so I am planning to remove it.
or it is okay to submit it with red ribbon or should I remove it?

Thank you

Another question I forgot to include for "Scholarship you have adopted (not including scholarship, you are planning to apply or still in progress)"
do I need to include all of my previous scholarship?

I have scholarship in the past for my master degree.

Another question I forgot to include for "Scholarship you have adopted (not including scholarship, you are planning to apply or still in progress)"
do I need to include all of my previous scholarship?

I have scholarship in the past for my master degree.
NO, this is checking of there is a possibility of you have 2 scholarships at the same time (for example, a MEXT scholarship and a scholarship from your own country) in which case, you do not "need " the MEXT scholarship.

NO, this is checking of there is a possibility of you have 2 scholarships at the same time (for example, a MEXT scholarship and a scholarship from your own country) in which case, you do not "need " the MEXT scholarship.
OHH SNAP! I already send by post office the application this morning and I checked it fill-up like this ( "Country and year of scholarship ) I thought they are asking for the past scholarship.

Because they said planning and still in progress which only leaves past scholarship.

Do you think the student affairs will accept if i resend it by email??

I do not want to speculate, but you could email to explain it was an error. They might just amend it for you but I DO NOT KNOW.

Please contact them.

Sorry that is not helpful.

BTW, what is your home university?

I do not want to speculate, but you could email to explain it was an error. They might just amend it for you but I DO NOT KNOW.

Please contact them.

Sorry that is not helpful.

BTW, what is your home university?
Thanks ! I went to post office they almost put it in shipment box . Good thing we reach before they send it out .

home university ? you mean in my master degree ?

Just submitted my TiTech IGP-A /MEXT scholarship application. Anyone else going to join me on the long, anxious wait?

Back
Top Bottom