What's new

MEXT Japanese Studies 2020/2021

Hi guys,
I've passed the second screening for quite a while now, and now I'm waiting for news regarding which university I'll be going to.
But so far, I haven't gotten any news from any of the universities or the embassy.
This and corona are making me so anxious ;(

Hi guys,
I've passed the second screening for quite a while now, and now I'm waiting for news regarding which university I'll be going to.
But so far, I haven't gotten any news from any of the universities or the embassy.
This and corona are making me so anxious ;(
Hello there!! Come join the club where we wait anxiously for any contact from the embassy 😂
Yeah same here, still nothing.. I couldn't bear it anymore so I sent an email to my embassy earlier... I guess I just gotta wait for the reply lol.
Where did you apply to?

Hello there!! Come join the club where we wait anxiously for any contact from the embassy 😂
Yeah same here, still nothing.. I couldn't bear it anymore so I sent an email to my embassy earlier... I guess I just gotta wait for the reply lol.
Where did you apply to?

I applied to
1-Waseda
2-Doshisha
3-Osaka Kyoiku
guess we'll have to wait a bit longer lol

do you think there's a chance they'll postpone the program to 2021 because of corona?
The situation in Tokyo particularly seems pretty bad(´;Д;`)

Last year, My senpai received her news from Osaka Kyoiku on 31 July 2019 so hopefully I'll hear something by then😩

I applied to
1-Waseda
2-Doshisha
3-Osaka Kyoiku
guess we'll have to wait a bit longer lol

do you think there's a chance they'll postpone the program to 2021 because of corona?
The situation in Tokyo particularly seems pretty bad(´;Д;`)
Hmm not sure about that tho, although my sensei did say there's a possibility of it being online but we can't say for sure 😅
Yup, even my senpaitachi from previous year said that they received info around August, so hopefully we just gotta wait a little bit more!

Nice to meet you, Yoseisan!
I haven't received anything new, too. Don't know if there's a possibility that the program will be postponed, but I really hope it won't 😅 .

Hi guys, just popping in here to inform that I got a reply from the embassy and unfortunately, my application is unsuccessful 😢
I wish you guys all the best!

Yes, I've contacted my embassy, but their reply was pretty vague. They don't know whether it would be possible for the Nikkensei students to travel to Japan at all:rolleyes:

Yes, I've contacted my embassy, but their reply was pretty vague. They don't know whether it would be possible for the Nikkensei students to travel to Japan at all:rolleyes:
Yeah same for me too lmao
They said that MEXT doesn't know what decision they should make

My Embassy contacted me today and proposed three options
- try to apply to the university in Japan that will conduct lessons offline (but in this case they can't guarantee I will be able to fly to Japan, since the borders are still closed)
- postpone the study to 2021 (there's no need to take the exam one more time)
- refuse from the program at all
I've chosen the option № 2 and hope I can fly to Japan in 2021 😅

My Embassy contacted me today and proposed three options
- try to apply to the university in Japan that will conduct lessons offline (but in this case they can't guarantee I will be able to fly to Japan, since the borders are still closed)
- postpone the study to 2021 (there's no need to take the exam one more time)
- refuse from the program at all
I've chosen the option № 2 and hope I can fly to Japan in 2021 😅

That's really good!
I also got a call from my embassy
But unfortunately they only gave me the option of studying online (then flying to japan when things are ok)
The university they placed me in are doing it all online so maybe that's why
Anyway I'm satisfied with this news, since waiting til next year to go will actually ruin my "life schedule" lol

Have fun in 2021 Namari!
Thanks for sharing this with us!!

So glad you guys finally got the answers you needed!! Good luck @Yoseisan with your studies! And yes, @Namari I think it's better to postpone until 2021 anyway.

Hopefully I can try applying again next year too! Also thank you both for sharing in this forum, it's nice to hear from other countries as well!

So glad you guys finally got the answers you needed!! Good luck @Yoseisan with your studies! And yes, @Namari I think it's better to postpone until 2021 anyway.

Hopefully I can try applying again next year too! Also thank you both for sharing in this forum, it's nice to hear from other countries as well!

good luck to you too flowery! In the application and in life!!^^

My interview was at the embassy, just a week shy before our country was put in a partial lockdown 😂 Thank goodness for that! I think online interview would make me more nervous.
Actually during my interview day there were other candidates for Teacher Training program, and my interview was supposed to last 20 minutes but I think it went over 30 minutes 😂
hiiiii! can you please tell me how was the interview? I mean, was it only in japanese?? I wanted to do the n4 test last year, but it got cancelled due to pandemic :(( im so scary that i dont know if i should try

Hey everyone are y'all still here? 😹
It feels so nostalgic omg

Anyway as an update for future Nikkensei's reference…

Yeah I eventually flew to Japan on Nov 13,
Then finished my studies at Waseda in August the next year
Was fun in Tokyo , learned a lot (not just Japanese language and culture)

Yeah.. and I'm now 4 weeks away from graduating from my home university lol🤣 feel so old

Waseda has since become a special place in my life and I wish all future students good luck in the application and getting their 1st uni choice :)

hiiiii! can you please tell me how was the interview? I mean, was it only in japanese?? I wanted to do the n4 test last year, but it got cancelled due to pandemic :(( im so scary that i dont know if i should try
Yep, u must do it in Japanese.
Mostly u just have to show your passion towards Japan then ur good :)

Back
Top Bottom