What's new

MEXT 2016

Swarup

Registered
22 Apr 2015
Hi, i am Swarup. I am going to apply for MEXT 2016 application.
Should we have to know Japaneese for this application.
I don't know. PLease help me. Then i'll start learning japaneese now.

Hi Swarup,
It depends on what you want to study. If you can find a degree program in your field that's available in English then you don't need to know Japanese (though it would certainly be helpful to know a little for getting around in day-to-day life!)
I recently wrote a guide for Embassy MEXT applicants for how to contact universities after you pass the primary screening, and there's a section about how to find degree programs offered in English. Check it out if you're interested:
MEXT Scholarship (Embassy) | TranSenz: Expat Living in Japan

Hello, @TranSenz! I've already read your MEXT Scholarship guide. I would like to know the case if it is university recommendation. Someone told me that the admission and the scholarship was done simultaneously. Also, do Japanese University require international students to take entrance exam?

Hi @Luishi
I'm working on another guide for University Recommended application. I have a lot more experience with that one, so it's going to be a bit more in-depth, but that means it's taking a while, too.

Hi @Luishi
I'm working on another guide for University Recommended application. I have a lot more experience with that one, so it's going to be a bit more in-depth, but that means it's taking a while, too.

I just want to confirm since I also ask this in the other thread, do University Recommendation need to have an agreement with each other? Also, another question is that, what are the chances to get admitted in TohokuU (According to Wiki it was an Imperial Univ before).

Hi @Luishi

Looking forward to reading it! Thanks in advance for taking the time to write one up.

@Luishi - You don't need a partnership between the universities.
As for your chances. . . that depends to some extent on a lot of things that you can't change: your grades, your major, and your nationality. But ultimately the one thing you can change is how hard you work for it! There are a limited number of spots, so you have to be better and try harder than the other applicants. Research plan, research plan, research plan!

@hojoojoh - Thanks! I'll keep the forum posted.

If the embassy tells me no I might jump over to this route. Glad to have everyone's help!

@TranSenz Hi, how are you doing? I'm reading your MEXT Embassy guide and I want to suggest a table of contents with linked to each section so that it's easier to read.
Anyway, I haven't been able to apply yet due to some unfortunate events going on in my life but right now I'm currently preparing a letter of intent to some professors in different universities. My concern is that is it possible to do a different research if ever I got accepted to a university? Or is it possible since my undergraduate program is somehow related to the field that I want to transfer to?

Back
Top Bottom