What's new

meeting my pen pal

ghettocities said:
My Japanese penpal submitted a "dear abby" to this Japanese website, here is the translation:

--

I became penpals with this american guy,but he said sexual thing to me so i started feeling offended.then i started to hate him and stopped emailing and exchnaging postal mails.i cut off every connections he ever could make to stay far away from him.

but recently i found out a website which a lot of people were talking about this guy.there was a homepage(which i didnt know) and his pics and people say everyone should be careful about this guy(Josh).that site was in english so i couldnt understand much but there are girls pics and purikura.(the girls don't know that their pics r up there i bet)im so worried!tak,please help!

Oh and i realized that i sent pics to him...so,i dont talk to him now,but its possible that my face will be up to his homepage! and if he is japanese american,thats terrible because he knows my address!i worried a lot.im so glad i didnt meet this guy in person.should i tell him that i dont wanna write to him anymore?what should I do?"

http://haradakun.cool.ne.jp/penpal/pen06_116.htm

--

Josh

http://www.lovehotelling.com
Well,to what i may know is to tell him frankly what she wanted(that is no more relations with that guy),short and sharp! :samurai: 🔫

[QUOTE@Zero-sen: Still, Im interested in how you work it out? Isn't the long distance a problem (I once had a boyfriend who lived (only)about 600km away, and even that was a trial)[/QUOTE]

My job allows me ALOT of time off so i spend seven months of the year working and the other five with my partner. Though i'm quitting my job after the wedding to move to Japan full time. 🍾

Hello all,

I'm travelling to Japan soon (my first time),to meet my penpal of about 7 months, and I can't wait.
I originally posted an ad to make a Japanese friend in London,but my ad was subbed-out to 'Metropolis' (english language website from Tokyo) and I have become friends with a lovely girl who lives just outside of Tokyo.
I had a few other replys to my ad but I clicked with her most and I didn't want to be greedy!
She is really sweet,and within a couple of months she sent me 2 of her handmade teddy bears! - so I sent her a CD of some music I made.

In the last couple of weeks her family have offered to let me stay for a night - so she must have given them a glowing report about me.Maybe they were impressed that I now work for NHK?

It is hard to gauge her intentions to me,but I don't want to ask any awkward questions and spoil things. Is it really true that most Japanese leave a lot unsaid? (sorry to stereotype)
I said she looked pretty in a photo she sent me but nothing more foward than that. She has indirectly let me know she doesn't have a boyfriend, but I guess all will become apparent when we finally meet.
Any advice/knowledge would be appreciated...Rich

Well I met 3 of my pen friends and

1st lives in Ebisu area and is married very cool girl and her husband doesn't speak english but still was willign to hang out and try to talk to me and help me with my japanese we all had a really good time and i'll miss them til i go back.

2nd lives in Osaka we talked alot on MSN and we both were really excited when the time came around to meet, I tol dher my gf would be coming and was good we met checke dout the castle and played games in Namco center. She didn't talk much when we met which i thought was weird but she doesn't speak english so i would be the only one she could talk to. well we left and I haven't heard from her for about 1 week and a half I hope she is just busy but my friend thinks she had a crush on me and was hurt when she found out i really did have a gf. this makes me sad as she really seemed nice and i would have liked to continue being friends with her. she doesn't respond to my emails or instant messages

3rd i met before we left but we had been emailing each other for a while til suddenly she kinda disappeared but i found out she was having problems with her bf she really fun girl seemed a bit snobby as she didn't like to much of anything which dealt with being around others but we warmed up to each other and she seems to be happy with keeping contact.

Just a some of meeting my e-pals but I am still worried about whats going on with my friend in Osaka.

my pen-pal is from tokyo....

....she's now my 2 and a half year girlfriend, hopefully fiance sometime sooner rather then later, and we've already met and been together and found we enjoy each others company moreso in person =).

anyway, back on topic just relax and be yourself, make sure its your polite self, since she's your guest, try and remember that, but apart from that be yourself =).

I'm English (and living in England, lol), and I have a Japanese penfriend currently living in Australia (I'm female, he's male). He's planning to study in the UK in September, so probably we'll be meeting up then. He phones me regularly (normally at least once a week) from Oz, and says he's interested in a serious relationship. I'm keeping my reservations, of course, but looking forward to meeting him 'really' as well :) Wish me luck! :) And I wish you all luck as well, of course, and am really happy for everyone who has met their penfriends and it's worked out well :)

Well I did find out about my friend in Osaka she is working like crazy to save money to come visit the US. And she wants to stay for a month. I can't wait. All you guys who are meeting partners in life through pen pals I wish you guys luck. : cool :

Back
Top Bottom