What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

My friend said "Daisuki" to me and I don't know what to do!?

Keichan

Registered
Reaction score
Konnichiwa,
I have a Japanese friend, she's very nice to me and I like talking with her a lot. I'm a foreigner so we chat in English.
One day, she texted me "大好き". Of course I didn't know what that meant so I googled a bit. Since I read somewhere that it means "I like you a lot", I thought this sentence must be between friends and replied st like "Me too" and treated her like usual. Thennnn, she DISAPPEARED for a very long time without saying anything. I tried to contact her but she didn't reply....
Recently, she's back! But again, not replying me. Ofc I'm a bit mad, so I told her so. She apologized and I asked her if I had done st wrong. She said no.
Surprisingly, she texted me "大好き" again! Wondering why she did it, I double-checked it. Somewhere says it can be said to both friends and lovers (???) and now I'm panic. I don't know what exactly she wanted to say at both times!! Can someone please tell me in my case what does "大好き" mean?
Thank you so much for reading this. I appreciate all your help!!

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
I think you should tell her you are confused by it and ask her what she means.

Lothor

Proofreader extraordinaire
Donor
Reaction score
...and do it soon.
It may have taken her a lot of courage to send you that message, and also to come back a second time.

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
Wait, you're saying he should talk to her instead of asking random Internet strangers what she means?

What kind of insanity is this?!?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Top Bottom