What's new

Looking for Tokyako Kowasato

JFortin

Registered
8 May 2015
I am looking for information on Tokyako Kowasato who was married to Donald Fortin around 1954. He was stationed on Hokkaido and met her there. It is hard to read the original birth certificate, so hopefully her name is spelled correctly.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Birth Parents.jpg
    Birth Parents.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 10
Agreed. The family name might be Kawasato (e.g. 川里, 河里, 川郷 or 河郷), but I can't think of what the original of Tokyako is. (Takako, perhaps?)

Share a scan or photo of the document and we can tell better. Crop or block any parts that you feel shouldn't be public.

Agreed. The family name might be Kawasato (e.g. 川里, 河里, 川郷 or 河郷), but I can't think of what the original of Tokyako is. (Takako, perhaps?)
I looked at the birth certificate which is hard to read. It appears to be Tsuyako Kawasato, or Tsiyako Kawasato. She was born in Kagasaki, Japan.

Tsuyako Kawasato can be possible as a woman's name, but isn't the place name Kawasaki, not Kagasaki? Anyway, I have to say it would be almost impossible to identify her just by the romaji name and birth place, I'm afraid.

I doubt the document is a Japanese birth certificate. Could you PLEASE post a photo or scan of the section with her name? You're making guesses which aren't even phonetically possible in Japanese.

Her actual name is Tsuyako Kawasato Fortin. She met Donald Fortin while he was stationed at Hokkaido. She was deported back to Japan after he abandoned her and their children which were put up for adoption.
[h3][/h3]

Hello, looking for information regarding my grandmother Tsuyako Kawasato Fortin. She met Donald Fortin when he was stationed at Hokkaido around 1954. She went with him back to the United States where he was stationed in multiple states. He abandoned his family and the state took the children. She was either deported or voluntarily went back to Japan. Through much research I've only been able to find information on him, we are looking to find any information on Tsuyako or family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom