What's new

Looking for Relatives

jvbunting

後輩
31 Dec 2004
I am trying to locate my mom's relatives in Japan. We lost contact with them several years ago. Does anyone know of an agency or person who could help me find them?
Thanks.

Looking for Kano family

My mother is Takako Kano. She has lost touch with her relatives in Japan and would like to find them again. She has two brothers Izumi Kano and Katsura Kano and a sister Tamiko Kano. She also has another sister Emiko and a sister named Taeko Sato who may have passed away.
Most of the relatives lived in the Tokyo area.
Thank you!

Why does NOBODY ever ever ever include any pertinent information when posting to this forum?

mikecash said:
Why does NOBODY ever ever ever include any pertinent information when posting to this forum?

Too true - I actually half-composed a helpful reply for the original poster and then got bored and deleted it because it was full of generalizations.

Last KNOWN addresses and/or contact details might allow someone here to be more helpful.

Of course it could be the Peruvian ministry of justice trying to track down Fujimori-san. I found myself speculating the other day whether or not he walks around with an armed bodyguard .

mikecash said:

Well, there was a little more information that was in the correct location, that I believe I moved from Practical not too long ago. I have merged these two threads and deleted another.

We know that you are eager to find your family members, and wish you good luck with your search, but it would be nice to put the posts in the correct section and provide as much information as possible. If you don't, people can't help.

Very true. Some of us actually go to the trouble of hitting the Japanese search engines or going through Japanese phone books and the like. All the fun of a treasure hunt, playing Junior G-man, and perhaps the chance to do a good deed into the bargain.

But people practically never post anything resembling a clue.

Things that would help tremendously:

1. Name, of course. And this being Japan, the KANJI, if you know it. Especially for first names.

2. Name of any and all other family members that may have a phone listing. It may be necessary or expedient to go through another relative to find the target, if it is impossible to find a listing under their own name.

3. Last known address, or as much of it as you know. The more specific you can be, the better. It's no fun digging through the white page listings for an entire prefecture hunting a needle that may or may not be in the haystack. I've done it before, trust me on this.

Barring this sort of thing, the very few people on the forum who have the time, ability, inclination, and access to resources to actually be of practical help are very likely to just totally ignore the request for info rather than for the umpteenth time type up a post asking the seeker to post the info. Since they seldom come across with anything anyway, more and more nobody even bothers.

You didn't even bother to check up on your request for help for eight months, and you ignored requests for information that would help people help you in your search. And then you give us a dose of attitude.

What sort of entitlement mentality does it take to expect us to care more about it and put more effort into it than you do?

So far, I have found nothing but dead ends trying to find my relatives. Criticism is not what I need. I need answers. My mother is getting old and I want her to reunite with her family before something happens to her.

Back
Top Bottom