What's new

Looking for a girl i met in Japan

Ervin

Registered
12 Jun 2016
This may sound kinda crazy and bizarre but when i was on holiday in Japan, i went to a restaurant and met the most amazing girl there. She was the waitress serving my family at that time and i was smitten by her. The problem was that i was too shy and i did not have the courage to ask her for her contact information.

Now that i am back form my holiday, i regret my choice to not ask for her contact details and i only have a picture that i took with her and the picture of the restaurant she was working at. When i was there, she served the customers on the 2nd floor but that might change due to working shifts. I was wondering if any folks here knows who she is or is able to visit the restaurant and ask for her contact in my place. Of course there is no guarantees that she would give her contact information but its always worth a shot.

Attachments

• 13415679_10206926230056783_5147513169789804302_o.jpg
    13415679_10206926230056783_5147513169789804302_o.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 73
  • girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
If someone is willing to volunteer, just pm me. I can provide some directions on how to arrive at the restaurant.

If I were a lot younger, I'd take you up on your offer.

I'd PM you for the directions, find the place, meet the girl, and you'd never hear from me again.

This may sound kinda crazy and bizarre but when i was on holiday in Japan, i went to a restaurant and met the most amazing girl there. She was the waitress serving my family at that time and i was smitten by her. The problem was that i was too shy and i did not have the courage to ask her for her contact information. Now that i am back form my holiday, i regret my choice to not ask for her contact details and i only have a picture that i took with her and the picture of the restaurant she was working at. When i was there, she served the customers on the 2nd floor but that might change due to working shifts. I was wondering if any folks here knows who she is or is able to visit the restaurant and ask for her contact in my place. Of course there is no guarantees that she would give her contact information but its always worth a shot.View attachment 23165 View attachment 23166
She's definitely super cute! But dude, I'll be straight with you... Do you know how creepy it would be for her to be walked up to by a customer with "Hey, a random guy who you served a while back was really attracted to you, but didn't have the confidence to tell you or be proactive with his feelings, so he took a photo with you, posted it on a forum and asked for people to come find you and get your contact details so that he can message you without needing any personal one-to-one contact". She's a definite 10/10 for Japanese standards, so she'll be surrounded by confident, good-looking Japanese men. You're out of your league and I don't even need to see a picture of you. No offence, but it's the blunt truth.

How would you like it if somebody posted a picture of your sister and an easily identifiable picture of where she works?

How would you like it if somebody posted a picture of your sister and an easily identifiable picture of where she works?

+1
Mike is absolutely correct. You may have just unwittingly made her a target if the wrong wacko stumbles upon this thread.

They still show up as attachments to the OP.

I can understand your regret about your inaction, but chalk it up as a learning experience. Next time you'll know better and give it a shot. Then you'll know for certain. For now, just be happy that you had the opportunity to meet this woman. She has added to your life, and now it's time to move on.

If I were a lot younger, I'd take you up on your offer.

I'd PM you for the directions, find the place, meet the girl, and you'd never hear from me again.

Just out curiosity, I ran a stopwatch on how long it took me to find the place via Google Maps.

Under a minute.... including typing in the search and verifying the location through photos.

Way too easy to find.

Even if the people who found this information and tracked her down had only the best intentions, how do you think this would be received?

"Hi, I'm from the internet. A guy who ate at your restaurant while on vacation a while back and didn't even get your name wanted to get in touch with you, presumably to start a long distance relationship. He came to our message board and posted photos of you and the place you worked, asking us to come find you and ask you out on his behalf."

Red flags everywhere

Even if the people who found this information and tracked her down had only the best intentions, how do you think this would be received?

"Hi, I'm from the internet. A guy who ate at your restaurant while on vacation a while back and didn't even get your name wanted to get in touch with you, presumably to start a long distance relationship. He came to our message board and posted photos of you and the place you worked, asking us to come find you and ask you out on his behalf."

Red flags everywhere

A guy who mistook friendly customer service for something more. I hate to think of the Herculean task it would be to pursue every Japanese female who was at least mildly attractive and who was pleasant to me during a business transaction that they don't even remember. I hope they don't all come to my funeral or my family will have to rent Tokyo Dome to hold it in.

Wonder why he didn't post the photo he took that included himself in the image? Or give us his locating info so we could just hand it to her?

Can't help but think of this:

The Courtship of Miles Standish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As someone who works as a cook, I can assure you that she's not interested. Waitstaff get hit on all the time by customers (and not just the girls in this day and age).

Not to say there aren't a few waitstaff here and there who respond well to it -- but if you're not planning to (and have the means to) play sugar daddy that's probably not going to work out for you. Most are simply tired of being hit on all the time and will always tell you that they have a boyfriend or they are already married -- whether it's true or not, just to put a stop to another endless rehash of the same tired story.

If you ever think you really are interested in someone who's serving you, then engage them in a regular conversation. If you have any common interests then maybe you can keep an eye out for them at the kinds of places you both frequent, and maybe if you are lucky enough to run into them and you -still- have an interest in them when they're being themselves then you can put the moves on them. But when they're working, really, just leave it be. If you absolutely can't leave it be, then give them your contact info and politely let them know you'd like to get to know them better, but don't put on any heavy moves, and don't expect anything to come of it.

If I were the OP, I would write a short note in easy English saying how much I enjoyed the restaurant and send it along with prints of photos taken there to the restaurant. I would even send two prints so the restaurant can have one and the staff can have a copy to take home. That would be nice. Everybody takes touristy photos but nobody thinks to share them with the people who work where they took the photos.

And I would include my name and address on the back of the photos and hope she would have enough upbringing to send me a nice thank you note with her return address on it.

I would NOT send photos of just her or in any way cause the restaurant staff to notice I was really just after getting my address in her hands, as this would cause no end of teasing and embarrassment for the poor girl.

Personally, I think he has a snowball's chance in hell but I can remember what it was like to be nineteen and smitten.

Back
Top Bottom