What's new

Looking for a friend that I've lost contact!

Carlita

Registered
17 Jun 2019
Hello to everyone! First thing first I want to let you know that I am so happy to be part of this Forum as I have a great passion for Japan and this will be for sure (among others ways) a good way to know more about your country. My name is Carla, I am Portuguese and looking for a friend that I lost contact a long time ago!... ☹️ (To be honest 2 friends, but let's deal with one at a time) I would love to get in touch with him again. I tried Facebook but obviously when I write his name a lot of same names pop up, But I don´t know which one to turn to and even if he have a Facebook page. 🤔
As I don't know if there are any rules in Japan regarding posting pictures I am not going to do it but I will give some details that might help. Fingers crossed!
His name is Norio Yoshida, I met him in Germany/ Dusseldorf when I was in a dance project by EDDC. He was there with a student exchange. The last info that I have from him is that he got married and he was planning to work in China and then maybe Europe. Last postcard that I received from him had the address from Yokohama city, Kanagawa province. My Facebook page is with the name Carla Maria Macedo Caroço. Thank you so much for whatever information or contact that might come from you! Carla

One thing about this type of enquiry on the Net is being very careful about private information being posted and it is very good you didn't place his address out here on the forum.

Japan Post does allow somebody to ask Japan Post to forward mail to a new address and they can maintain that for a fair bit, so have you tried sending mail to the address you have, even though it is an older address?

Feet on the ground in Yokohama might be necessary, if you can trust somebody that may contact you and that lives close enough.

Hi!
Thank you so much for your reply and trying to help.
Yes, I imagined that regarding private information I should be careful. Even in my country I am, so obviously much more in other country that I know so little about (unfortunately).
I would have never thought about posting anything that I can think it would be dangerous or going against some privacy or harm him or his family in any way.

No, I haven't tried to write to that address. That is a good idea. Will do it for sure! That will give me the opportunity to go back to the old habit of writing that I love. Maybe I will be lucky. Thank you!

Unfortunately, beside him I don't know anybody else in Japan or Yokohama. Unless I go there myself witch could be really cool!

Once again, thank you so much!
Have a great day!

I am not sure I remember how long it would take for the Japan Post folks to kick any mail back to you, if that fella hasn't initiated the forwarding request with Japan Post, but maybe not such a long time would pass.

In the meantime we can see if any Yokohama (or close by) folks want to get in touch with you to offer brick-and-mortar style help, if that is allowed to be offered by the admin staff here and their policy on such.

And the Net world, besides here, might turn up something.

Actually, there's not much to thank me for, as I am just pounding some little buttons on this funny typewriter that seems connected to that big funny looking TV screen over there, but maybe somebody else can offer better help. Now I have to figure out how this thing my daughter called a 'Mouse' works to post this new message. (This thing sure don't look like no mouse.)

Hey there!

Well, nevertheless I will wait. You never know how things are going to turn on.

Hm...but for that I don't have to be in person at Yokohama?... I mean for the brick-and-mortar style help as you suggested.

Hm...yap, maybe...

Ahahaha! You are funny! Of course I have to thank you, You are the one taking time to answer me and it seems you figure out very well how the Mouse works!

Have a great day ahead! (when you wake up and if you are sleeping...as it is 3.49am in Japan right now! Wow!)

Back
Top Bottom