What's new

L'arc en Ciel past...

Kaworu

後輩
26 Nov 2003
As I now they are backing on the stage right now but I don't know what was the reason for they "fall"...
Can anyone can explain me why Laruku wanted to stop playing music and when they released they last album?

I would be very appreciate for that ::).

They broke up?

Well, dont be surprised. Bands who's vocalists go solo, usually break up soon thereafter.

It isn't full and satisfied answer but thank you very much.
Althogh there are European vocalists whose singing in more than one or even two bands (e.g. man called Vintersorg who aren't only a vocalist but also a guitarist ,synth player ,bass player and synth percussion programmer).
There aren't impossible things :).

they haven't officially broken up have they? i thought they're gonna release a new album next year... heard from... erm... forgot who... :sorry:

Originally posted by silver_ash86
they haven't officially broken up have they? i thought they're gonna release a new album next year... heard from... erm... forgot who... :sorry:

You're right. And you can find that info on their official website.
But my question have been diffrent. I wanna know why they wanted to close their band :).

I still want to know:
1) why?
2) when?

They never had any plans for breaking up.
They all just wanted to some solo-work, so they took a break.
I think they started this break in the summer of 2001, after releasing "Spirit Dream Inside", which they wrote for the Final Fantasy soundtrack.
They haven't released any new material since.

Originally posted by Twisted
They never had any plans for breaking up.
They all just wanted to some solo-work, so they took a break.
I think they started this break in the summer of 2001, after releasing "Spirit Dream Inside", which they wrote for the Final Fantasy soundtrack.
They haven't released any new material since.

Thank you very much!!!
Finally complete answer ^_^.

Did they do only ONE song to the Final Fantasy OST?

This may be funny question but I think their music over... Especially one thing is interesting for me: why "All Dead" isn't so popular Laruku's song as many others (e.g. "Blurry Eyes" or "Honey")... This is first song which gave me the reason to become interested in L'arc en Ciel and I'm still thinkin' that "All Dead" is their best song.
Btw: did they record videoclip to this song? And where I can find fan/official concert video with "All Dead"?

Last question for now :D - how plays synths and piano? And why they don't have synth player? They have many synths parts as a band (in theory) without synth/piano player.

I don't think "All Dead" was ever a single and / or used for a commercial/anime-theme. That makes a whole lot of difference. I'm not sure if there's a video of it. They're going to release a few DVD in december. I suggest you check out the tracklisting of those to see if it's on there.

Synths and piano are usually played by session musicians, although i've seen tracks on which ken did some addition programming.
And Yukihiro knows his electronics as well. I think he makes a fine producer.

Back
Top Bottom