What's new

Dir en grey

midnitestar7

後輩
22 Nov 2002
Does anyone know exactly what the 1st press of Kisou looks like and what it comes with? I have a habit of wanting all the 1st press versions of CD's. I already have Kisou but have no idea if its the 1st press or not, and the place nearby that sells some Japanese CD's has another version (totally silver front cover instead of the grey front cover - both are official CD's, just ones obviously older than the other.)

Any ideas?

xxStarxx

Check if it's not a Hong Kong or Taiwan release. Those usually have a different cover.

I think you can tell the pressing of a cd when you look at the inside (usually transparent) ring of the disc. There's usually a number printed there and if the last number is a 1, then it should be a first pressing.

I have the 1st edition of the Gauze album. I didn't know much about Dir en Grey back then, except that it was a merger of 2 indies bands. One was La'Sadies and the other i can't remember.
I bought the album mainly because X-Japan drummer/pianist Yoshiki was involved in the production.

Its definately a Japanese release (I don't buy non Japanese releases).

I've got the 1st press of Missa, Gauze, Macabre and Six Ugly.. but no idea about Kisou. Will check out the disc and find out!.........................................................

I think its 2 (theres so many numbers on the back of the disc that its hard to tell). Dammit! So, now I need to spend another fortune on the silver covered one! <laughs>

Thanks!

xxStarxx

Good news for all the fans of Dir en Grey. They have announced the release of a new single titled "Drain Away". It should be out on the 22nd of january. According to CD-Japan this one will be a lot more tame then their last single "Child Prey".

What kind of band is Dir en Grey?
Is it rock? They sing only in Japanese?
Information, onegaishimasu

You can find the answer to that question in this thread:

Here's a picture: :)

direngrey.jpg

NEW SINGLE!! <jumps around cheering> Now, Child Prey did rock, but their tamer stuff is fantastic too - I love it all! Now, I just have to get the 1st press CD of Drain Away and I'm set - anyone have a credit card so I can order from cdjapan? <laughs>

xxStarxx

It's a maxi-single.
There will be 2 versions of Drain Away on the disc.
One other (new?) song and a remix of Jessica.

EYAH! finally! *dies* i lurve kyo mostest! *drools* er.. yeah

i finally got a copy of the "GAUZE" album.. *lol* *snurggles it to death* myeh!

eee can't wait! lol and that's 8 days before my b-day! ^_^

So, it's out on the streets. Did anyone hear it yet?
What do we think of it?

My opinion:
It's quite good. It's radiofriendly for a change and the more you listen to it, the better it gets.

I did hear people complaining that it was too soft for a Diru song. What do you think?

Waaahhh! I haven't got it yet. I really hope it arrives soon. I'll have to give my friend who's buying it for me a kick and see if he's sent it yet.

I actually love Dir en Grey's softer stuff just as much as the heavier stuff and was hoping it would be softer since we just got child prey.

I'm all desparate to hear it now!

<cries> I just wrote a really long message, and somehow it didn't post, and I lost the ENTIRE thing. Oh, I'm not happy! Let me try and remember it.

Okay.. so I got really hyper and just had to hear the song now, so (even though I'm still gonna buy it) I downloaded it. Those who want to do the same check out this link:-

http://www.totchi.org/

Now my view on the song.....

MY GOD, it's AMAZING!!! Seriously.. its a fantastic song and I recommend everyone listens to it. After the first few seconds when it kicks in you'll go crazy for it. It's very commercial and western (sounds like a lot of the music I listen to that isn't Japanese.) I definitely hear Linkin Park influences which isn't surprising since a couple of members like their stuff. I can also hear some Lostprophets in the song (a UK based band who I spent a year following all over the country.. I'm even in there ShinobiVSDragonNinja music video) even though I think its unlikely they'll have ever heard of them. Drain away is still really heavy but definately more easy listening than the majority of songs on Kisou and Six Ugly. I wouldn't say they're mellowing out just yet, but they're definitely trying to hit worldwide.

That's about what I said in my last unworking message re-written (though it was better the first time!). Oh, before I forget. I'm really looking to make lots of friends in Japan to meet during my forthcoming trip to Tokyo this May. Ideally, I'd love to meet people into bands like dir en grey (I am happy to be introduced to new bands!), especially if you can introduce me to some clubs that play this kind of music and don't mind me tagging. Along! Even if you don't, I'd still love to hear from you.

I could write even more about the incredible nature of Drain Away, but you might all get horrendously bored of me, so I'll just shut up now.. <grins>

on topic:

I like it. It's not my favourite, but it's definately not a bad song.

I hear the Linkin Park influence too. Oh, and I agree with Twisted about 'the more you listen to it, the better it gets'.

um, yeah.

On topic : Strange.. I loved it just as much as I do now the first time I heard it. Its hard to say if its my favourite because I love it just as much as many of their other songs I love. It really depends on my mood. This one reminds me of how much I need to get out there and just sing in a band for the rest of my life. No idea why!

Got the PV too which looks like it should rock, but the quality isn't up to much so I have to watch it on a tiny tiny screen size.

Oh yeah, and I'm totally never going to get to see these guys live. That really sucks! <laughs>

I definately liked it when I heard it. It just got better the more I heard it. In my opinion, they've never done a bad song.
I don't think I have a favourite actually. It changes constantly.

I totally get the band thing. I always wanted to play in a band, guitaring it up. Then I'd get to tour Japan, and see the boys in action.

I will see Dir en grey live. Oh yes, ...I will. :giggle:

The first time i hear any song, it goes in and straight out again. Only after i hear it a two or more times, i start memorizing parts of it, at which moment i can really decide whether i like a song or not.

There are songs that i like instantly, but those usually get boring after a few rounds of listening.
Songs that i don't get at first, are usually the ones that stay good forever. It's odd, but that's the way i experience music.

ah, Child Prey was great, wasn't it... (whoa, look out! nostalgia trip in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!) ::tear:: acid induced super rats how i miss thee!
::arghh:: anyways... i finally got to see the Drain Away PV today! yay! it was sooo great! Kyo has black hair! Black hair! And Shinya looks like a boy! ::squeal:: and Die's jacket was great w/ the blood splatter and they all just looked so good...!!
😍
::cough:: sorry... needless to say the video was cool, i liked all the band shots, it was nice... but what i really liked was the song of course, all that other stuff is worthless w/o good music! Drain Away is definately tamer than Child Prey, but it's no Ain't Afraid to Die. (Ain't Afraid to Die... ::tear:: i love that song...) i like it. it's "catchy"... ah, who am i kidding, i love it to bits and it'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the week! ... which brings me to a question, if you'd be willing to indulge my tiny brain of many... (questions, brain of many questions... ...)

Does anyone have or know where to find the lyrics for Drain Away? (i'm hopeless, all i caught was cold, cherry blossom(s), and very something...)
:(
if anyone can help i'd be much appreciative!

You can find those lyrics in the Batsu forum.

It's a great place dedicated mainly to JRock.

So, I have got this video of Dir En Gray. Two actually, and I don窶冲 have any names for the songs, so I could use some help.

First one is filmed in a futuristic place, with a naked woman who pokes her eye out, and a other woman in a latex dress, chained up to a chair and lost of blood and the main guitarist has a gas mask on.. but its pink.. Whats this video and song called?

Second: this is filmed in a abandoned warehouse of some kind, and out in a forest. The singer is running over the fields and in the forest, and in a forest, and he is sitting in the warehouse, playing insane.. but the best part of this song is a great it has the best bass solo I have ever heard.. its so cool its like.. wow. So, what is this songs name? (oh there is also alot of playing on a stage inside the warehouse.. and alot of blood and insame people stuff in it)

Thats quite easy. I'm a huge Dir en Grey fan..

First Video: "raison d'etre"

second video:

"Cage" or "304 goushitsu, hakushi no sakura"

Is there SM elements in the scond video ? Like half-naked women on a leash?
Has the song a Bass solo or a guitar solo ?

BTW: The members names are:

Kyo (Singer)
Die (Guitar, the one with the Mask)
Kaoru (Guitar, the one with pink hair)
Toshiya (Bass)
Shinya (Drums)

The official Dir en Grey Homepage:

DIR EN GREY OFFICIAL SITE

Back
Top Bottom