What's new

"Kenkyu" MEXT Scholarship for Graduate/Research Students 2022

eipi.muja

Registered
27 Jul 2021
Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum. My name is Eipi, I'm 27 years old and I'm from Uruguay. I graduated with a Sciences of Education degree and I'm now doing a Masters in Education.

I was looking for a thread regarding what's in the title but I couldn't find it. Maybe there is one and you could link it to me, but in the mean time, is there anyone here who has applied and passed the First Screening or is waiting for the Embassy results? I was notified that I passed last week and I'm now waiting for the official documents in order to request the Letters of Acceptance.

I'm looking forward to reading about your experience! In my country there's only one research student quota per year so I feel a bit lonely in this process.

Hello Eipi, congrats on passing the first screening!

I have also applied for the scholarship this year and I am currently waiting for the Embassy result but two weeks have passed since then. I have heard the longer you wait, the less likely it would be a rejection.. Not sure if there is any truth in it.

May I ask how long does it take for your embassy to inform you about the first screening results after the interview? :) thanks!

Hello Eipi, congrats on passing the first screening!

I have also applied for the scholarship this year and I am currently waiting for the Embassy result but two weeks have passed since then. I have heard the longer you wait, the less likely it would be a rejection.. Not sure if there is any truth in it.

May I ask how long does it take for your embassy to inform you about the first screening results after the interview? :) thanks!

Thank you! The time it takes surely depends on the Embassy and the amount of people there is to evaluate. In my case, it was only three days of waiting until I got the call. After my call, later that same day the rejection e-mails came through (I know because I have a friend who also applied). It was actually unexpected because of how fast this was.

Please tell us how did you do when you get the results!

Hello Eipi,

Good news! Just received an email today that I have passed the first screening! I am pretty excited right now.

All the best to both of us in obtaining the LOAs and of course passing the ultimate hurdle which is the second screening! Perhaps we might have the chance to meet in Japan next year. ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Hopefully more people can share their experiences with us here.

OMG! Big congratulations!! Hopefully we'll have the chance to meet and share experiences in person!

Yes, I did the thread hoping more people will join the conversation. Maybe as people start getting confirmations!

I am really hoping the Japanese government won't do budget cuts for MEXT after the Olympics

I am really hoping the Japanese government won't do budget cuts for MEXT after the Olympics
I was thinking this too! I read up some news pertaining to this issue, regarding how Olympics did not generate the economic boost that the government had promised the citizens, although the overbudget and loss of income were mainly due to covid related issue (etc, no spectators leading to an estimated millions of income loss).

I just had an interview with a potential supervisor, who asked me how confident I am to pass the second screening. I was honest to said that I am relatively confident unless there is a sudden budget cut due to Olympics!

However, perhaps there is a chance that the budgets cuts might have already been announced, such that there were far less people passing the first screening this year?

Regardless, how is it going for everyone else? I hope more people would join in the discussion - and hopefully I can meet you guys in Japan next year! :)

Last edited:
Hello there, I passed the first screening as well and applied for LoAs from Waseda and Hitotsubashi. The wait for an answer is actually driving me crazy... it's been longer than a month for Waseda but still no answer :cry:, Hitotsubashi clearly states the LoAs will be sent out to successful applicants after 19.09 so there is still one more month of waiting ahead of me.

Hello there! Yeah. It takes some time to receive the LOAs. Still waiting.

But what might drives me real crazy should be the final wait till February 2022 😅😓

Hi, everybody! I passed the first screening this year too. I got one LoA from my first choice Keio university. I also applied for Waseda`s Letter of Acceptance, but it is the September 26 now and I still did not get any answer from them. Is anybody waiting Waseda`s results as me too?

Hi, everybody! I passed the first screening this year too. I got one LoA from my first choice Keio university. I also applied for Waseda`s Letter of Acceptance, but it is the September 26 now and I still did not get any answer from them. Is anybody waiting Waseda`s results as me too?
Hi there! If it can be of any help I applied for a LoA from Waseda on July 7th and received a reply on September 10th so two months after my application. When did you apply for yours? Maybe it's a bit early for a reply

Hi there! If it can be of any help I applied for a LoA from Waseda on July 7th and received a reply on September 10th so two months after my application. When did you apply for yours? Maybe it's a bit early for a reply
Oh, its pretty long time to wait. Thank you for your reply, I Will contact to Waseda directly. Two months is too long to wait, especially because of second screning deadline in october. I applied for a LoA in August 20

Hi all, i would like to ask if anyone have gotten their secondary screening results from their embassy yet?

Hi I'm in a discord with other postgraduate applicants from all over the world and so far no one has received any official results form their respective embassies, only in some rare cases emails from universities discussing dormitories. The results are scheduled to come out in February so there are only a few weeks left to wait!

I received my results today! I got accepted and placed in my 2nd option. Now I have to figure out acommodations.
Congratulations! It is very good news that the results have started to be reported. Thank you!
I'm still waiting for my results from the Japanese Embassy in Moscow and I'm a little worried that both of my universities are private.
Was your first choice a private university?

Congratulations! It is very good news that the results have started to be reported. Thank you!
I'm still waiting for my results from the Japanese Embassy in Moscow and I'm a little worried that both of my universities are private.
Was your first choice a private university?
Thank you! Yes, my first choice was private (Sophia University). I got the LoA from them, so I guess this was a financial decision from MEXT. If both your options are private they'll send you to one of those for sure... In myu case, the 2nd option was public so they went for the easy route lol

Thank you! Yes, my first choice was private (Sophia University). I got the LoA from them, so I guess this was a financial decision from MEXT. If both your options are private they'll send you to one of those for sure... In myu case, the 2nd option was public so they went for the easy route lol
did you get your results through the ambassy or from the university, where are you from?

I received my results yesterday too from the Japanese Embassy in Russia.
Going to enter my first choice university in September. Both of my choices were private ones, so I just got a an acceptance to my first preference university.
I hope what everyone will have a good results too as soon as possible.

Congratulations guys! In my country we have not received the results yet. Hopefully we will receive them soon. Is there Anyone else who have received the official results?

Hi I'm in a discord with other postgraduate applicants from all over the world and so far no one has received any official results form their respective embassies, only in some rare cases emails from universities discussing dormitories. The results are scheduled to come out in February so there are only a few weeks left to wait!
Hi, have you received your results form your Ambassy? if possible I would like to join the discord channel

Back
Top Bottom