What's new

Jpop resources

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Call to all Jpop experts:

I am currently working on our directory's Jpop & Jrock sections. Are there any websites that - according to your opinion - *need* to be listed? What are your favourites, which pages would you really recommend? Also, do you think it's worth listing websites that are entirely in Japanese?

I appreciate your advice!

:)

As a reference, I think it is good to have. May also be worthwhile to distinguish the various j-pop/j-rock from each other, since some bands/groups tend to vary from genre to genre...with no clear distinctions on where they are....

May be good to get a "current" listing, since many sites from even a few months ago no longer exist... :(

those that are in J-lingo should be distinguished from those in Engrish (or at least designate which language the site utilizes....but that's my viewpoiint.... :D

one of my favorite j-pop sites is now closed. bonsai j-pop page. i am sorry to it go because i enjoyed it very much. are there any similar sites?

Originally posted by thomas
Also, do you think it's worth listing websites that are entirely in Japanese?
I think you should, but also, if possible, have a note/text saying it's Japanese.

Originally posted by bartbeanie
one of my favorite j-pop sites is now closed. bonsai j-pop page. i am sorry to it go because i enjoyed it very much. are there any similar sites?

*Shameless plug*
Well, there's always my Zenlog, with frequent JPop/JRock updates and now even featuring EDonkey links to Japanese promo-clips.
*End Shameless plug*

As for other JPop/JRock resources. I actually have very few resources that i use for my weblog:

Project J
Batsu Forum
Shiroi Heya
Hot Japan info
JPop Music.com

Thanks, Peter! Of course you're already listed. :)

I think you should, but also, if possible, have a note/text saying it's Japanese.

Thanks for the advice. Most of the links in our directory are marked with country flags, displaying the language of the resource.

Oh, if anyone has other URLs, please share them with us. ;)

I could get you some official websites of certain bands and artists. It's probably going to be cause one hell of an argument whether an artist is JPop or JRock though.

I would be submitting these gradually as i come across them.

Sorry Peter, just found your post! 😊

You could either submit the sites directly to the directory (as editor which is a lot of work, I know) or post them here. Either way, I appreciate your help!

:)

request URL modify

hi again Thomas,

if was wondering if i can make a request to modify my listing in your directory currently as:

jpop.lemolade.com
ad-free JPOP mp3 repository.
http://lemolade.tv/pub/
Added: 19-09-2001 - Hits: 337 - Votes: 4
Rating: (6.75) - Recommend It - Report Deadlink - Review It

i would like it to appear as:

jmusic.lemolade.tv
promoting Japanese music in North America.
http://jmusic.lemolade.tv

its ok if it means resetting the "Hits" and "Votes" part.

thanks very much,

steve

Back
Top Bottom