What's new

What level will you take?

• Total voters
Good luck with your studying! I'd like to have a go at N1 but I'll sit out this July because I have a sort of conference to go to : (
I wish the test was held in the states 2x a year as well. Waiting a full year gives people too much time to slack off. haha.

I apologize for the wait, I got extremely busy with school so I haven't had time to get back to you. I misquoted a previous attempt before the attempt I passed. I scraped 72% for 2kyuu giving me 288 points for my pass. I'm sitting for the N2 this December as I don't feel ready for N1.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Best of luck to you on the test!

Waiting a full year gives people too much time to slack off.

I think there very well may be something to that. Ever since I did the KK in February I've been diligently studying for the next one in June.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Best of luck to you on the test!

I think there very well may be something to that. Ever since I did the KK in February I've been diligently studying for the next one in June.
You're welcome. I hope to do well this year. The practice tests I've done so far seem promising, so we'll see I suppose haha. Good luck on the 漢字検定 my gf said I should sit 5級 and see how that goes before trying any harder levels of the 漢検

You're welcome. I hope to do well this year. The practice tests I've done so far seem promising, so we'll see I suppose haha. Good luck on the 漢字検定 my gf said I should sit 5級 and see how that goes before trying any harder levels of the 漢検

That is a very reasonable level to start at. It covers all the 教育漢字 but you don't have the 四字熟語 which start appearing from level 4. They provide several past exams online, which you can print out and take at home to see how you're doing. There are also some good apps available, as well as books. I think people who have never taken it would be surprised to learn how much more a language test it is than merely a simple "I know x number of kanji". I would highly recommend it to anyone learning Japanese.

That is a very reasonable level to start at. It covers all the 教育漢字 but you don't have the 四字熟語 which start appearing from level 4. They provide several past exams online, which you can print out and take at home to see how you're doing. There are also some good apps available, as well as books. I think people who have never taken it would be surprised to learn how much more a language test it is than merely a simple "I know x number of kanji". I would highly recommend it to anyone learning Japanese.
Thank you for that idea! i'll definitely poke around to get my hands on practice tests.

I took the test again....
Went better than last time regarding reading, but far from satisfied. I'm going to give up on the jlpt for a while and try different ways of studying the language by reading, watching movies and listening more to music.

残念

I took the test again....
Went better than last time regarding reading, but far from satisfied. I'm going to give up on the jlpt for a while and try different ways of studying the language by reading, watching movies and listening more to music.

残念

残念 indeed.

I would like to suggest you take a look at using the Kanji Kentei materials to help your studying. I think you may find them beneficial. You can pick up plenty of stuff for next to nothing from Amazon if you don't mind second-hand.

I'm not really going to take exam this July, but I guess I rather qualify for N5, if I do, as of now.

I guess I am a bit late here. Attempted N1 this July (2nd attempt, failed the first time ) It was better than the last attempt in December. Although the dokkai were long and never ending. Must improve reading skills. Not sure if I would make it this time too. ( The listening part was very good )

Im going for the N1 again this year, my listening has improved a lot since then, so has my vocabulary.

Its gonna be fun to tackle that again

Congratulations to everyone who passed this year! Definitely motivating to keep in mind that there are a lot of people making efforts to pass the same test I am. I made my final decision on which level to take this winter in the States. I'll sit N2 and then in the summer next year I'll take N1 for the third time. I feel pretty comfortable with this choice.

That's too bad. But I'm sure you'll make it next time.

How did your scores break down? Was there one area where you needed more work than in other areas?
I hope so. I will try again next July.
Will take a break from JLPT for sometime.

My scores were
語彙/文字/文章 : 21/60
読解 : 27/60
聴解 : 47/60

I need to practice more kanji. The goi score is horrible. (dokkai too, i guess)

Even so that's an acceptable score ! You should be proud of your hard work. I hope to get somewhat close to a score like that soon enough. No idea as I make time when I see myself twiddling my thumbs lol
Thanks, I didn't really get time for serious studies because of my college schedule (I'm a master's student right now). I'm planning to write kanji everyday for an hour or so from today. This was kind of a wake up call for me.
( Also, Sometimes I really wish JLPT had a oral examination kinda thing too xD That would have helped my score. )

Yes it does. Will pass it next time for sure :D Any tips for increasing vocab ? I read Japanese news almost everyday. (yahoo japan)

Some people use flashcards (or SRS decks these days) of JLPT vocabulary. There are no official vocabulary lists, but the ones out there are probably pretty good.

Hahaha
I have finally passed N2!
Score wasn't great and am not really satisfied with that but at least I passed it!

Up next: improving my Japanese by just speaking reading listening and writing.
N1 is something that I would like to take someday but don't find the meaning of it at the moment!

Thanks too all for your support these years!

Thanks Mike!
Someday hope to do the kanji kentei as well.

Back
Top Bottom