What's new

Japanese placement test

11 Sep 2007
Okay so I got accepted into the college. Great. But now I must take a placement test, seeing as I have never take any Japanese class. (Yes I've studied alone for all this time.) So the placement test decides on what level I will start on.....I'm quite nervous and a tad excited about the fact that I have a real reason to study Japanese.
Has anyone ever taken a placement test? What will it be like? I heard there is a written and oral.....I'm kinna nervous seeing as how bad my Japanese is on here....

No point being nervous about it, its for your sake, so wherever they place you it will be your proper place. Any higher or lower and you wouldn't learn much.

Don't be nervous. Just study a little before the test so you're fresh on your knowledge and do your best. I tested into second year Japanese when I entered college (after only self-teaching myself before that), but a lot of people don't. Even if you have to start with first-year Japanese again, don't look at it as a bad thing: it'll strengthen your knowledge of the basics (and you doubtlessly have a few wholes in your basic knowledge due to self-teaching; everyone who does it does), and you'll probably end up one of the strongest Japanese students in your class thanks to it.

Whatever happens, it will likely be for the best, so don't stress!

Back
Top Bottom