What's new

Japanese Movies, TV, Anime for Studying

kura-blue88

Registered
28 Oct 2017
In order to boost listening comprehension, pick up new vocabulary, and the like, I've been trying to find Japanese movies and shows that I can watch and study, preferably with Japanese subtitles instead of English. Netflix is sometimes helpful in this regard, although Korean titles seem way more abundant compared to Japanese. I did luck out with a site called Animelon, which provides subtitles (in English, romaji, kana, AND kanji no less) for anime of varying popularity.
But I'm also a fan of Studio Ghibli, and I haven't had much luck finding any Japanese movies of theirs. And the issue with anime is that... well... they don't always speak like normal people.
I guess my question is, where does everyone get Japanese media to study from, if they do?

In order to boost listening comprehension, pick up new vocabulary, and the like, I've been trying to find Japanese movies and shows that I can watch and study, preferably with Japanese subtitles instead of English. Netflix is sometimes helpful in this regard, although Korean titles seem way more abundant compared to Japanese. I did luck out with a site called Animelon, which provides subtitles (in English, romaji, kana, AND kanji no less) for anime of varying popularity.
But I'm also a fan of Studio Ghibli, and I haven't had much luck finding any Japanese movies of theirs. And the issue with anime is that... well... they don't always speak like normal people.
I guess my question is, where does everyone get Japanese media to study from, if they do?
Ive been watching japanese shows on myplanettv the more I watch content the more I pick up and learn. It offers over 80 channels of content and there is a lot to choose from, Netflix is good at times. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom