What's new

Japanese letters?

Bounty Hunter

Sempai
29 May 2004
i'am very interested in learning japanese am currently learning how to talk japanese but i also want to write as well but i don't know where to download (writing japanese) software.

Can anyone help ?

I recommend college books like "Learn Japanese" by Young and Nakajima-Okano, and I heard "Genki" was good too.

Take a Japanese course at a community college. If you REALLY want to learn that is the way to do it, and if you get a great teacher you will be in heaven :)

Oh, alright. That makes a bit more sense now, even though I have no idea what anime it is. Thanks, Film at 11!! :D :D

Inuyasha-the-kid said:
犬夜叉 which means Inuyasha

駕篭め which means Ka Go Me
Actually her given name is in hiragana. Her family name is 日暮 (ひぐらし).

Nice to see you got the 'Japanese letters' bit working 👍

I though every body hates 犬夜叉 but I watch it too!

also why cant I spell inuyasha like this イヌヤシャ

why cant I write japanese in a .doc

Inuyasha-the-kid said:
why cant I write japanese in a .doc

'Cause you need the Microsoft IME for Japanese. And it is WAY easier to type Japanese with JWPce than the IME. So don't spend much time on the IME, and download JWPce instead.

To download JWPce:
ftp://ftp.edrdg.org/pub/Nihongo/00INDEX.html

Inuyasha-the-kid said:
I though every body hates 犬夜叉 but I watch it too!

also why cant I spell inuyasha like this イヌヤシャ
Well, as "Inuyasha" is a proper Japanese word/name, you'd usually write it in kanji, not in katakana. Katakana is usually used to write foreign words or loan words, such as "koohii" (coffee), "keeki" (cake), and so on.

By the way, MetalGear RAY, a hand-written "watashi" would look more like this, (the component on the right that looks like a katakana "mu" and means "private", I think) is usually written a bit smaller in handwriting. There's often a marked difference between hand-written and printed kanji.

watashi-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom