What's new

Japanese horror movies

suzu

後輩
7 Dec 2003
Can anyone reccomend some scary japanese horror movies? I've seen Ringu and I'm buying the 2nd one. Also has anyone seen battle royal? I'm thinking about getting that one too. 🙂

Battle Royale is such a great movie. Beat Takeshi is great in that movie. Suicide Club is the "prequel" to Battle Royale. It's also very disturbing. Audition is another good one but it's alot of psycological stuff for about an hour and a half until it gets until 30 mins of violent torture. I've seen more I just can't remember them at the moment.

Good Japanese horror movies are:

-Dark Water
-Ju-On
-Ju-On II
-Ghost System

Battle Royale is good if you are into blood, gore, and action. However, if you are more into ghosts and spooky stuff like Ringu, I would recommend the four above-mentioned films.

thanks everyone ^-^ Now I just have to save up to buy all thease movies ^-^ Any movies that I should be warned not to get? Like really bad movies, in a sense of stupid, not bad as in blood/gore because I like the blood and gore 👍

suzu said:
thanks everyone ^-^ Now I just have to save up to buy all thease movies ^-^ Any movies that I should be warned not to get? Like really bad movies, in a sense of stupid, not bad as in blood/gore because I like the blood and gore 👍

There are the Tomie-series, which are weird and poor. I have only seen one of the films - thank god! - (I think there are five or six in total). The one I saw was decent, not excellent, but can't imagine sitting through six of the Tomie films. A friend of mine saw most of them and told me there weren't worth purchasing, but renting instead.
Basically it's about a girl who can't die and 'wakes up' in the films, which has different plots in the respective Tomie-film.

Then, there is Uzumaki. Which is weird if you expect a scary horror movie, because it isn't. It is not scary at all!!!!
However, there are many people who like it, which explains the good reviews. Basically, it is adapted from the horror manga uzumaki; a spiral which takes over a small town and the people there get crazy and suicidal...
I enjoyed it as a funny movie, not a horror movie....

Hell.Death said:
They're retards. They scare me, but won't let me fly out of my seat. :D
Oh, hello Schutzstaffel. I see you decided to make this your new hangout after your forced retreat from AF.

And I see you haven't changed either, considering your signature reads "The Third Reich comes to exterminate you Japanese"

You don't have an open mind, so there is no way you are here to listen to the viewpoints of others. Your posts are usually nothing but short pointless quips with nothing constructive or deep. Honestly, what do you hope to gain by bugging members in Asian forums with your Nazi posts, which is all you seem to be doing? Are you trying to sell Nazism to Asians? Are you obsessed with Asians? Why are you here?

Hell.Death said:
They're retards. They scare me, but won't let me fly out of my seat. :D

Im sorry you dont appreciate the beauty of asian horror films. You see unlike hollywood horror films they dont contain too much special effects because most asian horror films aim to make the viewers 'think' and then 'feel' the horror... All you need is an open mind...

suzu said:
Can anyone reccomend some scary japanese horror movies? I've seen Ringu and I'm buying the 2nd one. Also has anyone seen battle royal? I'm thinking about getting that one too. 🙂

Hi there! Id like to recommend this film from Hongkong, The Eye. Hope you'll like it.

duff_o_josh said:
i just watched a crazy korean horror called tale of two sisters it was good, i reccomened it.

Yes, A Tale of Two Sisters is definately a great horror flick! Of the Korean horror films I have seen so far, this one is on the top of my list of recommendations!! I especially liked the twist in the ending! 👏

Dark Water!
It's more subtile then Ringu and has a really creepy atmosphere.
My favorite J-horror-movie so far ..

Ringu creeped me out big time, much moreso than the American remake, and the first Tomie had its moments....

Hey well This is my first post so im kinda excited...im from Argentina im studying Japanese...and love japanese movies..horror and else....so I jus wondered if there is a chance to watch Japnese movies online ..like dailymotion and youtube video servers..Thanks anyway..ohh by the way ive seen Batle Roayll..really cool movie even its more sado and extreme violence than horror........ok cya around guys..!! mata ne,

Battle Royale is such a great movie. Beat Takeshi is great in that movie. Suicide Club is the "prequel" to Battle Royale.
No, it is not... this is just for anyone reading this now.

I'll say that the movie Suicide Circle, is usually panned by critics for having very little sense as far as the plot goes... A lot of people make a big deal of this movie because it centers on teens commiting suicide in a ritualistic fashion, but as far as a movie goes, with plot devices, narative, what-not... It's not that great of a film in my opinion.

yukio_michael said:
I'll say that the movie Suicide Circle, is usually panned by critics for having very little sense as far as the plot goes... A lot of people make a big deal of this movie because it centers on teens commiting suicide in a ritualistic fashion, but as far as a movie goes, with plot devices, narative, what-not... It's not that great of a film in my opinion

But You would say it is a horror movie..or rather sadic..violent???

Back
Top Bottom