What's new

Japanese/English/Japanese PPC Dictionary

berean_315

先輩
19 Apr 2003
PPCLINK Software has a Japanese/English/Japanese Dictionary for the pocket pc that seems pretty good. It has a neat feature called "eSelector" which allows you to highlight japanese text in Pocket Word, Pocket IE & MS Reader and then tap an icon that pulls up the meaning from the dictionary. It makes it convenient to load japanese text and read it without carrying around a separate paper or electroninc dictionary. The webpage is at ppclink.com. Scroll down until you see the Japanese/English/Japanese Dictionary. Price is $16.95.

If you have the Decuma handwriting recognition software you can use that to input a kanji/hiragana/katakana into the dictionary input field to search/lookup a word.

Gerald
https://biblejapanese.com/m

Is there software that needs to be loaded into my PocketPC in order to display Japanese? If so, where can I find it? Also, does JWPce work on modern Pocket PCs?

Is there software that needs to be loaded into my PocketPC in order to display Japanese? If so, where can I find it? Also, does JWPce work on modern Pocket PCs?

As far as the dictionary, I believe it comes with a font that allows you to use the dictionary by itself. I sent an E-mail to the PPCLINK support E-mail to confirm. I already had capability on my PPC to view Japanese before I loaded the dictionary.

But if you want to display Japanese in applications such as Pocket Word, Explorer, etc you need other software that allows you to do that. I'm using a program called Monster Chinese that allows viewing of Chinese and Japanese on the PPC. There is probably other software that can do the same thing. See the following link:

pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=2149&associateid=262

I was using JWPce on my PPC and had no problems, but it is about 2 years old and uses MS Pocket PC version 3.0.11171. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the new PPCs. Have you been having problems? You can send an E-mail to Glenn Rosenthal who developed the JWPce. I've asked him questions before and he was good about replying.

JWPce - Japanese Text Editor and Dictionary

Gerald

Thanks! I haven't tried yet, but I'll probably try to fire it up this weekend. The EDICT stuff is really amazing. I'm very glad that it's been made free for all.

JWPce works with WM2003, but the keyboard won't stay put. You need to pop it up in another program, then go back to JWPce.

Back
Top Bottom