What's new

Japan Photos 2022

How about this?

row front.jpeg

Like the one above, I have pics of various house/store fronts. I haven't yet collected them yet into a single folder, or really decided/solved in my mind what they reflect, what I'm capturing/seeing, and so on. Here's a place from just down the street from where my wife grew up--when she saw this she recognized it immediately, said one of her friends lived there (this would have been in her elementary school days).
DSCF1101.JPG

Recently, I came across an artist who was doing illustrations that are somewhat similar:

I'm using the iPhone for everyday snapshots, usually landscapes, and encountered only a few of the shortcomings described in the article. Also, my expectations weren't high. Anyhow, good to know that our DSLRs will not become obsolete any time soon. :)

I'm using the iPhone for everyday snapshots, usually landscapes, and encountered only a few of the shortcomings described in the article. Also, my expectations weren't high. Anyhow, good to know that our DSLRs will not become obsolete any time soon. :)
Smartphone cameras keep getting better, but there is only so much that can be accomplished with a small sensor and a tiny lens. I do use mine a lot for quick shots of my kids or other things happening around but when I am really in the mood to take pictures I always bring my DSLR. There is a huge difference in quality and clarity between the two.

Not boring but I think you could get more impactful photos if you try a few closeups, perhaps using portrait mode. Add some depth of field. Get some interesting foreground and interesting background. Then you might get something you would want to hang on your wall.

Most of these are snapshots taken while I'm cycling. You're right; I should dismount more often and heed your advice. :)

Who needs a bicycle?

Municipalities frequently impound abandoned bicycles and bikes parked/chained in non-designated areas, here last week on Setagaya-dori.

View attachment 86370

From the angle of that picture I would be vary concerned about that tall stack of bikes hitting some of those power and data lines hanging across the streets. Maybe its not as close in height as it looks though.

Back
Top Bottom