What's new

Japan Photos 2020

This from a day or two ago, NSFW:
pink....jpg

NSFW?? I guess the bright pink on the screen might attract attention.
Could be a good screen saver or desktop image. Help one wake up in the morning.

That's a wonderful shot, @johnnyG! Macro lens?
No, iPhone shot of a flower and surrounds, with this cropped out of the center. It was a huge bloom, and of several shots (this and other flowers) the focus on this one came out about perfect. Besides the crop, I brought up the shadows a little (which made it overall a little brighter) and also a touch of sharpening. No color adjustments at all.

No, iPhone shot of a flower and surrounds, with this cropped out of the center. It was a huge bloom, and of several shots (this and other flowers) the focus on this one came out about perfect. Besides the crop, I brought up the shadows a little (which made it overall a little brighter) and also a touch of sharpening. No color adjustments at all.

Outstanding! I guess I will update my iPhone 6S to the 12 series soon.

Day 3:

Hokkaido 2020: The North

Hokkaido 2020: The North

Hokkaido Trip 2020 - Day 3: the North 500 kilometers around the northern cape. Hard to believe that this is Japan. Almost no cars, no people. A shot of the coastline along the northwestern shore, Teshio District: Cape Sōya (宗谷岬) in Wakkanai is the northernmost point of Hokkaido. Many...

and Day 4: lots of Shiretoko visual. :)

Hokkaido 2020: Shiretoko Peninsula

Hokkaido 2020: Shiretoko Peninsula

Hokkaido Trip 2020 - Day 4: Shiretoko Peninsula Day 4 was another 500-kilometer journey. Destination: Shiretoko Peninsula (in Japanese: 知床半島 Shiretoko-hantō), a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2005. It is the easternmost part of Hokkaido and most of the peninsula is part of the Shiretoko...

Our first 'Go To Travel' trip, a few relaxing days in Izu. Côte d'Azur? No, Atami!

full

Omuroyama:

full

full

full

full

Mount Omuro

Travel  Mount Omuro

Mount Omuro (大室山 Ōmuroyama) is a volcano south of Ito City on the eastern coast of the Izu Peninsula. Extinct for 3,700 years, the cone-shaped mountain is completely covered in grass and has a circular trail around its crater mound at an altitude of 580 meters. The trail is about one kilometre...

Jōgasaki Coastline:

full

full

full

full

full

This one is a bit heavy. I tried to stitch a panorama view from Omuroyama (14 shots). Apart from stitching, not much editing.

Attachments

• mount-omuro-panorama01.jpg
    mount-omuro-panorama01.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 158
The original is/was overwhelmingly pink/red. I've tried to bring the dirt/browns and greens up without washing out (or un-naturalizing) the overly dominant reds. Those blooms are some of the most intense colors around (the stalks carry a lot of it, too), even when trashed like this.

Trying not to use color adjustments for that--exposure (highlights/shadows), black point, contrast, and some other things. A lot of experimentation. One strategy I use is when something seems to work, back off its effect (slider) to about a third or less of that. Or cancel it completely and try something else to see what might work in tandem with it, if two (or more) mini-mini-tweaks might be better than one larger one. (And even then, it can help to go back to the beginning and start over.)

Yep, less is definitely more. Going easy on PS and Lightroom took me a while to learn. :)

So in less than two weeks from Wakkanai to Iriomote. Quite impressive! 🤩

Back
Top Bottom