What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Japan Photos 2020

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
This from a day or two ago, NSFW:
pink....jpg

mdchachi

Reaction score
NSFW?? I guess the bright pink on the screen might attract attention.
Could be a good screen saver or desktop image. Help one wake up in the morning.

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
That's a wonderful shot, @johnnyG! Macro lens?
No, iPhone shot of a flower and surrounds, with this cropped out of the center. It was a huge bloom, and of several shots (this and other flowers) the focus on this one came out about perfect. Besides the crop, I brought up the shadows a little (which made it overall a little brighter) and also a touch of sharpening. No color adjustments at all.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
No, iPhone shot of a flower and surrounds, with this cropped out of the center. It was a huge bloom, and of several shots (this and other flowers) the focus on this one came out about perfect. Besides the crop, I brought up the shadows a little (which made it overall a little brighter) and also a touch of sharpening. No color adjustments at all.

Outstanding! I guess I will update my iPhone 6S to the 12 series soon.

イェンス

後輩
Contributor
Reaction score
Day 3:

Hokkaido 2020: The North

Hokkaido 2020: The North

Hokkaido Trip 2020 - Day 3: the North 500 kilometers around the northern cape. Hard to believe that this is Japan. Almost no cars, no people. A shot of the coastline along the northwestern shore, Teshio District: Cape Sōya (宗谷岬) in Wakkanai is the northernmost point of Hokkaido. Many...

and Day 4: lots of Shiretoko visual. :)

Hokkaido 2020: Shiretoko Peninsula

Hokkaido 2020: Shiretoko Peninsula

Hokkaido Trip 2020 - Day 4: Shiretoko Peninsula Day 4 was another 500-kilometer journey. Destination: Shiretoko Peninsula (in Japanese: 知床半島 Shiretoko-hantō), a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2005. It is the easternmost part of Hokkaido and most of the peninsula is part of the Shiretoko...

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
I hope to someday visit Ishigaki. I also hope to someday visit nearby Hateruma, which is the southernmost point in Japan.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Our first 'Go To Travel' trip, a few relaxing days in Izu. Côte d'Azur? No, Atami!

Omuroyama:

Mount Omuro

Travel  Mount Omuro

Mount Omuro (大室山 Ōmuroyama) is a volcano south of Ito City on the eastern coast of the Izu Peninsula. Extinct for 3,700 years, the cone-shaped mountain is completely covered in grass and has a circular trail around its crater mound at an altitude of 580 meters. The trail is about one kilometre...

Jōgasaki Coastline:

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
This one is a bit heavy. I tried to stitch a panorama view from Omuroyama (14 shots). Apart from stitching, not much editing.

Attachments

• mount-omuro-panorama01.jpg
    mount-omuro-panorama01.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom