What's new

Japan Is No Threat, Just A Strong Power

Japan may be no threat to the US...

as of now and in the forseeable future for numerous reasons such as bind the two entities in pursuit of common interests, nothing more.

Bramicus said:
To carry blame or guilt forward like that would be to damn the children for the sins of the fathers, which would conflict with the concept you mentioned wherein the legal responsibility of the individual ends with death or insanity, as well as conflicting with the spirit of Mosaic law.
I believe I have made a distinction between the death of a person and the death of a nation. The individual criminals as defined by IMTFE, International Military Tribunal of the Far East, of classes A, B, and C may be dead and gone, and hence the individuals' responibilities in regards to criminal law and civil law should have expired with the individual deaths.

Yet the collective responsibility of the Japanese nation as a legally identifiable body capable of decision, planning, and action remain with the succeeding gov'ts because the Japanese nation continues, only under a different slogan. What would the world come to if huge crimes were committed under one gov't and the responsibility were washed away with a simple change of hands while the nation remains basically unchanged in composition ? Anything would go, wouldn't it ?

As for civil responsibilities, what kind and degree of efforts were rendered to the vicitims as individuals and the victim countries as collectives for war reparations and criminal actions ? The kind of monies lent to victim countries and other developing contries dying to get ODA's don't really count at all; with kickbacks that require countries to spend say 30 percent of loans for purchasing Japanese technology and products (and a UN General Assembly vote counting towards the G-4 UNSC proposal ?) are not considered taking responsibility of any sort but simple business/political activity aimed at huge profits. A similar practice is called loan sharking which some shady banks also engage in. In the case of Japan, the low interest is checked, and even surpassed, by non-interest profits tied into the bundled package.

Minimalist-denialist historical revisionism and misrepresenation of colonial and war damages as pushed by right-wing historians, endorsed by central government, the local governments, and voters alike are what constitute post-war responsibility (sengo sekinin ツ戰ナ津」ツ静凪?戮). According to the Mosaic Law, lying in matters of law is a capital offense. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."

What are the rabbinic rulings on violations of the following ?

"Thou shalt not kill." --referring not to military killings, but those of civilians, POW's, and esp. biological testees and comfort women during general retreat.
war time responsibility (sensou sekinin ツ戰テ?ツ・ツ静凪?戮): homicides committed during the human experiments for developing chemical, biological weapons, civilian massacres, including that committed in and around Nanjing, 1937-1938
post-war responsibility (sengo sekinin ツ戰ナ津」ツ静凪?戮): profiteering from the human experiments via pharmaceuticals s.a. the Green Cross Companies, civilian deaths from biological/chemical contaminants and explosives since August 15, 1945.

"Thou shalt not steal."
war time responsibility (sensou sekinin ツ戰テ?ツ・ツ静凪?戮): the act of stealing moveables and immoveables; the list would be long...
post-war responsibility (sengo sekinin ツ戰ナ津」ツ静凪?戮): the act of holding on to stolen moveables and immoveables, s.a. the holding of Korean treasures in the Imperial archives, public, and private collections.

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife." --referring to the wives, mothers, grandmothers, and daughters of the Chinese who were raped and murdered during the Japanese occupation of the coastal cities of China from 1931-1945 ?
war time responsibility (sensou sekinin ツ戰テ?ツ・ツ静凪?戮): e.g. forced prostitution on comfort women, rape and murder of aforementioned AND civilians in Liaodong, Shanghai, and Nanjing during the war.
post-war responsibility (sengo sekinin ツ戰ナ津」ツ静凪?戮): denial of criminal action, thereby leaving many victimized dead without restoring honor, the victim survivors to die in physical and mental agony

In that sense, the so-called 'minority' wasn't a real minority as some would rather believe for the sake of undistrubed conscience. The elected governmental head does not take his governmental responsibility to correct historical misrepresentation, and the same goes for the Mayor of Tokyo. 14 out of 47 districts who openly approve of the Fusosha revisionist junior high school history textbook is not a minority that can be overlooked. In this sense, Japan as a whole IS responsible on grounds of committing the crime of "bearing false witness" as prohibited by the Law of Moses. Here again, both war time responsibility (sensou sekinin ツ戰テ?ツ・ツ静凪?戮)-- as seen in the murdering of witnesses, the victims violated once again-- and post-war responsibility (sengo sekinin ツ戰ナ津」ツ静凪?戮)--as seen in the open minimization/denial of accusations-- apply beyond all resonable doubt.

"Thou shalt not bear false witness." --trying to hide incriminating evidence is commonplace in all cultures. However, if the destruction of evidence involves human lives, that action becomes accountable. Post war Japan, both on the gov'tal and individual level has been engaging in the unlawful behavior commonly called perjury. It does not count that not all of Japan has been unanimous in such. What counts is that there were further violation of victims in such symbolic manner, in addition to general neglect in restoring the victims to what they were before the violation, and the fact that the Japanese nation as a whole has been forgiving enough for such post-war criminal behavior to continue without consequences --silence and non-action amounting to endorsement.

What does Moses teach on these crimes ? What do the rabbis say ? For the Karaites, what are the rulings for justification before the Lord ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by qwertyu
Kindly point out how [citing] Japan's war records = hate-mongering

I think anyone who starts at the top of this thread and reads all of your posts will see that you are very negative about Japan, and what's more, although you started by talking about the things (you are critical about) that Japan is supposedly doing today, in order to try to show how bad they are now (nationalistic, militaristic, whatever) you also continually bring up the bad things that the militaristic World War II government of Japan (which ceased to exist at the end of that war) did over 60 years ago! The evidence is right above us; I'll leave it to the reader to decide whether that's so or not.

Of course as usual, when I ask for SUBSTANTIATION for the accusation and slur of being a hate-monger, instead of quoting from said hate-mongering posts from me, you simply said, "the evidence's there". Nope, the evidence is NOT there, as obviously, you're unable to muster any such filth to litter your own smear campaign that I spread hate and insinuating that I am a Chinese commie propagandist. I defy anyone to describe my raising of Japan's failure to atone adequately for its past, or quoting Ishihara's GENUINE racism and hate-mongering [that the Chinese have criminal DNA], pointing to the continual killing legacy of Japan's chemical weapons programs as a form of "hate-mongering." In that case, all those posters who did the same and all those columnists and journalists who reported on the same are all hate-mongers.

:
Originally Posted by qwertyu
Kindly point out [where] in any of my posts I have proposed to "declare war" on the Axis Powers because of "new evidence" of 1944 "atrocities".
Of course you didn't. Come on, you know English well enough to see -- and if you are honest you'll admit that it's obvious -- that I'm making an analogy to show how ridiculous it would be to base our opinions of countries as they are today, on what they did during World War II.

If you can accuse me of dishonesty by using "Japan" and "Japanese Territories" interchangeably, and of being a hate-monger then I am not surprised by any gibberish that might pass as real sentiments from you.

And I NEVER said that Japan should be judged today based on what they DID 60 years ago, I always said they should be judged based on HOW THEY DEAL TODAY WITH what they did 60 years ago. There is a difference, though it may utterly escape you. How they deal today with acknowledging their history in their texts. How they deal today with Chinese and Koreans demands that they show genuine atonement for WWII atrocities. How do they deal today with the blatant racism and hatred from their high-profile rightwing politicians.

Forget about the Japanese. How do YOU deal with any criticism of Japan? Smear and bash?

Quote:

Don't worry, I'm not the one who drags people through the mud for mistakenly putting in the wrong word before correcting it.

Strange, then, isn't it, that you expended the energy of several posts accusing me of dishonesty for using "Japan" instead of "Japanese Territories" to describe your genuinely false statement "over" instead of "near" Japan/Japanese Territories.

Frankly, I am sick and tired of dealing with such Rovian/Swift-Boat Veterans' tactics of drumming up nasty accusations of "spreading hate" and not-so-subtle, repeat insinuation of being a "China propagandist". I guess ALL those sources I quoted from, Asia Times, Independent UK, American Conservatives, and especially Japan Focus, must be fronts for RED CHINA. Such irony when one considers that the world's best-financed, most effective and wide-reaching propaganda machine operates from Washington.

I'm also a bit skeptical when the mods only issue warnings to those critical of Japan for heated language but not to those who are supportive of Japan's stance and critical of Japan's critics who do the same. Don't believe me? Read the threads.

Life's too short to squander on people like you, Bramicus. Sayonara.

Ok, let's simply put it like this: Japan was long a threat to the rest of the world, and it no longer is as the rest of the world is now powerful enough to be a threat to Japan in return.

So what? Oh, i hear guys calling me another hate monger. I don't care.

What are you then? Peace maker? I don't see how much you care either.

Futile. There is nothing we can change. Japan will stay the same as it has been cultivated. What the rest of the world can do is perhaps to harden themselves.

Farewell, Japan, especially when you are merely a power unable to pose any threat to the rest of the world.

sometime small sentences explains all..you have to understand as it is human nature to impose their will on others..as so as japan is..but so does other nations too.. power belongs to no one..be they evil or good...this world domination separates them all..

Back
Top Bottom