What's new

Is this an authentic yosegaki hinomaru?? Need help!

fisherman04

後輩
8 Sep 2016
I recently acquired a fake good luck flag and I was interested in this flag and don't want to be ripped off again.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 201
It strikes me as curious that there is no date, no indication of the organization that gave the flag, that the first name of the recipient is not there, and that someone signed it "Colonel Hayakawa".

How much did you pay for it?

What did you end up doing with that obvious fraud you asked about earlier3

I haven't purchased the one above. I was interested in it and didn't want to get ripped off again. I collect military memorabilia and these are hard to authenticate.

The fake I ended up returning to the seller and getting a refund. I tried explain how it was not real and he didn't believe a word I said. I showed him proof where the Navy Seabees actually made them and traded them off. Oh well. I learned my lesson.

So this one doesn't seem authentic either?

Thanks so much for your help!

I couldn't say for certain whether this one is authentic or not. But I would be suspicious of it.

Thanks again. You have been a great help!

If you're not in a hurry, wait for @Toritoribe to give you a much better informed opinion on it than I can. I think he's currently tied up with RealWorld stuff for a bit but I expect he'll be dropping by before too long.

Back
Top Bottom