What's new

Is it time for US Force to leave Japan?

is it the time for US Forces to leave Japan?

• Yes, They did a lot of very bad things

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • they protect Japan

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • NO

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • I'don't care

Votes: 19 8.8%

• Total voters
Time to Go Home

It is time to go. We need to pull all of our forces from the WORLD. We have been fighting since WW2 (examples: Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, etc...). Let the world do what the world will. I do not want to see any more of my friends die in some war. If we are attacked, we will fight. South Korea, Japan, and everyone else must protect themselves. These countries do not want us there anyway. Let's go home. Americans are tired of fighting. This is becoming a popular idea in USA....even in TEXAS. 🙂
I do like the Japanese people. We had an exchange student from Japan in the 80's. I learned so much from him. He became my best friend in HIGH SCHOOL. WOW.... HE WAS SMART!!!! He was kind. I loved to hear him speak Japanese. Americans who have experience with Japan will love the people. Most Japanese people will do what they can to make you feel comfortable and will even be happy to talk with you in English if you do not know Japanese. It hurts me to think the Japanese people may not like Americans. I see Japanese people as friends we can learn so much from....We just need to listen.:p

The US forces are in Japan as a consequences of WWII. Nowdays, when the similar consequances are not existable in Europe anymore, there is no justified ground or reasons to keep the US forces in Japan.

Soon

I believe the military will leave in the next 3 years. This will improve our economic situation. Also, Japan will be free to form new relations with the Koreas and China. Japan has been good to a former enemy, America. I hope the USA and Japan part on good terms. Unfortunately, we will always be connected together due to the horrors of WW2. MAYBE we will find a new path together based on trust and respect. Well, we will soon find out what that path will be.

2 congressmen call for pullout of U.S. forces from Japan !

Washington
Two veteran U.S. congressmen have called for the withdrawal of U.S. forces in Japan amid the ballooning U.S. budget deficit.
ツ'ツ'It's becoming a financial issue,'' Ron Paul, a Republican House of Representatives member from Texas, said in a recent interview with Kyodo News, indicating that maintaining U.S. forces in Japan has become a financial burden for Washington.
Dennis Kucinich, a Democrat member from Ohio, said in a separate interview, ツ'ツ'The United States truly cannot afford to construct the new base in Okinawa. Nor can it afford to have a military presence across the globe.'ツ'
http://www.japantoday.com/category/...men-call-for-pullout-of-u-s-forces-from-japan

maybe sooner :)

Yes...many Americans want to move away from world issues. I think it will be a reality soon. At long last we can rest and take care of our people. We can build up our infrastructure and become independent from all the problems of the world.

It is time to go. We need to pull all of our forces from the WORLD. We have been fighting since WW2 (examples: Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, etc...). Let the world do what the world will. I do not want to see any more of my friends die in some war. If we are attacked, we will fight. South Korea, Japan, and everyone else must protect themselves. These countries do not want us there anyway. Let's go home. Americans are tired of fighting. This is becoming a popular idea in USA....even in TEXAS. 🙂
I do like the Japanese people. We had an exchange student from Japan in the 80's. I learned so much from him. He became my best friend in HIGH SCHOOL. WOW.... HE WAS SMART!!!! He was kind. I loved to hear him speak Japanese.

So you care about the Japanese people. Do you realize that we have a deep and extensive defence treaty that basically benefits the Japanese people? It helps to stabilize the region and forestalls japan's need to actually maintain a large standing army.

For example look at Japan's neighbors, three of them possess Nuclear Weapons: China, Russia and North Korea. All of them have significant disputes with Japan, which could erupt into outright conflict. Only last year you had a clash between Japanese and Chinese patrol boats over the Senkaku islands. In reality the US has been important for helping Japan become and remain prosperous, while staying secure.

Americans who have experience with Japan will love the people. Most Japanese people will do what they can to make you feel comfortable and will even be happy to talk with you in English if you do not know Japanese. It hurts me to think the Japanese people may not like Americans. I see Japanese people as friends we can learn so much from....We just need to listen.:p

Sure... Over 70% of Japanese state that the US-Japanese alliance IS effective, and 78% believe that the current arrangement is the best means for ensuring Japanese security.

We can not fight war after

Our allies' populace are critical of us. In the 80s, during the Cold War we lost young people fighting in various wars. We protected western Europe, but I had to playlike I was a Canadian to avoid negative remarks when I traveled there. It is time for my people to take a break. As NATO and all post WW2 creations come to an end, America and the world must find a new path. America is not responsible for the world. Do you care about America? I had a friend who committed suicide because of war. America has paid much in blood and treasure. Yet...I have to pretend to be a Canadian in the countries we call friends. I would like America to declare our neutrality to the world. Talk to Americans...that day is coming soon. I think Japan and South Korea will be happy for us. As our friends they will be glad to see our young as exchange students rather than soldiers. . . Right. It out of respect for the friends I have in Japan and Europe that I say this. I NO LONGER WANT TO SEE AMERICAN FLAGS ON COFFINS OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. With all that said, if America is attacked, you know what we will do. We will fight.

For example look at Japan's neighbors, three of them possess Nuclear Weapons: China, Russia and North Korea. All of them have significant disputes with Japan, which could erupt into outright conflict. Only last year you had a clash between Japanese and Chinese patrol boats over the Senkaku islands. In reality the US has been important for helping Japan become and remain prosperous, while staying secure.
:D Judging by your profile you seem like too young for a la Cold War rants.

Do you have any valid points here, or did you just want to take the opportunity to make a personal insult?
"A la Cold War rants " can't count as a personal insult. It's an objective description of the content of your post where your claim that Russia and all other Japan's neighbours are eager to swing their nuclear weapons against Japan, and therefore Japan needs the US forces as air. BS.
If you meant "young," I never heard that calling a person "young" could count as an insult. Usually it's the opposite.

whats crazy is the new government promised to get the us out (at least of okininawa i think) but then when they got in, they did nothing.
crazy!

At this present moment in time, I would say it is good to have US forces in Japan. The good point being is that they can help in anyway that is asked of them by the Japanese government. Helping people in need is a good thing.

I was ignoring this thread until you replied to it, EmperorHirohito. Not the best time to chit-chat about such things, as this thread was made at a time where Japan was free of the cataclysms it is facing now. The post before yours, too, was made before the earthquake & tsunami struck. It's a great boon to Japan that we have tens of thousands of service men & women in Japan. My country will be able to help Japan as much as it can, and there should be no shame felt by those who called for the removal of American military from their country. We would have done what's right and sent over as many people as needed in Japan to help out, regardless of our interests there. This discussion is for another time, where such a luxury is appropriate.

Moments in time like these show us how countries can put the politics aside and truly help those who need it. That's all that matters right now. This is all that needs to be said, if anything at all.

Most people don't see the grand scheme of things... IMO only 2 people should have any say in this thread, those being people living in Japan and people living in America (the rest doesn't really matter).

The United States has various reasons for being in Japan starting with the agreements after WWII, strategic advantages and personal gains for US citizens and other countries around the world.

Dec 26, 2004, Indian Ocean Earthquake / Tsunami and the familes of the 230,000 people who died from the event? Because of strategic placement we were able to provide immediate relief saving untold number of lives.

Mar 11, 2011, Japan Earthquake / Tsunami anyone?... No need to go into details. I will say at the time of the event I worked for an additional 24 hours and we had already stated mass coordination and provided relief.

The above 2 events were natural disasters that I personally helped with/in during my tours in Japan. In addition I've volunteered countless times for the Japanese community by picking up trash / clean up, volunteering time to mentor kids, raising money and building needed items for orphanages. I have yet to commit an assult or rape...

Crime is crime and all members who commit such acts face USMJ charges. If the US does pull out will Japan be able to do what is needed right away? Maybe do like South Korea and initiate a draft for all capable males of certain age? Put the country in further risk and jeopardize defensless citizens from attacks?

I'm not against moving out if Japan is ready and willing for the task.
Glad to be back 🙂

i don't want to offend anyone but i seriously think it's time for America to stop trying to control the whole world...words like "help, protect" etc?? give me break...you still believe in that?

I may live in P.R, but I'm still an American from birth, and I think I might represent a few people when I say that it isn't lik Obama (or whoever the next governer will be) is just gonna wake up tomorrow morning and say"Hey U.S Forces in Japan, come back to America, you're not needed over there any more".... Rubbish, and I think our Forces are there for a (or various) pretty good reasons...

EDIT: And either way, we're all pretty in deep on this. Not just America & Japan, but all those men and woman fighting for the rights/liberation of Egypt (Americans included). And anyway, America wouldn't be IN this current financial mess if George W. Bush wouldn't have spent his whole term on vacation! o_O

Last edited:
Most people don't see the grand scheme of things... IMO only 2 people should have any say in this thread, those being people living in Japan and people living in America (the rest doesn't really matter).
Obviously it matters to the Koreas, China, Taiwan and everybody else in the region. Asia is in the middle of a huge arms race if you hadn't noticed.

If the US does pull out will Japan be able to do what is needed right away?

Can America do anything on it's own and not screw it up? Look at America's track record and you'll see screw up after screw up after screw up with some relief effort sprinkled in. Not very impressive.

Maybe do like South Korea and initiate a draft for all capable males of certain age? Put the country in further risk and jeopardize defensless citizens from attacks?
Glad to be back 🙂

if Japan tries to execute War, Japan might draft people.

Maybe do like South Korea and initiate a draft for all capable males of certain age? Put the country in further risk and jeopardize defensless citizens from attacks?
Glad to be back 🙂

if Japan tries to execute War, Japan might draft people.
before that Japan would hava the atomic bomb

I think Japan would be very unhappy if U.S. forces left. Despite some complaints of having American troops in their country, they want American protection against North Korea. And with American troops there, they don't have to spend so much money on their military, rather they can put that money into their economy. That's a major reason Japan has become as economically powerful as it is. They might like to have some of their own forces too, but unless some other factors changed dramatically, they would probably feel very vulnerable without American troops protecting them.

Actually,The Japanese Kaijo Jeitai is in fact one of the most powerful navies in the world. Being stationed in Japan for 6 1/2 years, I can also say their Aegis-kon (Aegis ships) are more effectively utilized than our own. N.Korea is only a threat to S.Korea for now. Japan is concerned mainly with Communist China, and for good reason. A lot of **** has happened that doesn't make the news...

Back
Top Bottom