What's new

Help Inquiry about Hanami

IsaacRuperez

Registered
14 Aug 2017
Hello, my name is Isaac Ruperez and I am currently researching about Hanami and its link to the Japanese society. I have made a very short survey and am in need of help, as I don't know too many japanese people. I would appreciate for you to fill it out if you are japanese or to pass it to your japanese friends if you wish to do so.
The link is here: About Hanami

Thanks in advance.

No demographics? Do you accept answers written in Japanese? I don't know what you mean by importance.

No demographics? Do you accept answers written in Japanese? I don't know what you mean by importance.
I thought about the demographics, but since it is for personal research, I am more interested in the answers and common concepts that arise from them, more than in knowing what demographics are behind the responses. I have done research about Hanami on texts, internet, books, and such, and I wanted to ask about it to people, more or less to complete or get a better sense of the things that are missing on the research I made.
I prefer answers in english, as my japanese is very poor at the moment.
By importance I mean the value you give to hanami, if you think it is a meaningful celebration for the japanese society and for you, if you are eager for it to come or not, those sorts of things. Some replies I have gotten are quite vague about this and mention the party element of the hanami, others give more importance to the blossom viewing aspect.

edit: Taking your reply into account, I have made some tweaks to the survey. Thank you Glenski.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom