What's new

Who know something more about traditional Japan pillow?

jurek1810

先輩
9 Aug 2007
Do you know something about japan pillow? How it looks and what is inside? I've got the back hurts, and how doctor says I've got the "hangman neck" which sometimes terribly hurts and maybe Japan pillow can help? Who knows? If you know something more please wrote and help me.

I'm not sure if what you really want is a 'traditional' Japanese pillow, but maybe a therapeutic pillow. You might want to check on the net and see if you can find one. If I run across some site, I'll see if I can give you the link.

Otherwise, someone may come along who may be in a better position to help, than I. I hope your neck and back condition get better!! MM

You want the kind filled with buckwheat husks? Or the kind made of solid wood?

Won't help !

At first glance, I thought we were talking about a Japanese pillow book, but that probably wouldn't help back & neck pain, LOL.

Uncle Frank

😊

I think about pillow to sleep on the japanese tatami. I mean it's full of sea grass or something similar. Thank you for yours answers.
:beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1:
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:
Greetings from sunny Warsaw.

Jurek
:joyful::joyful::joyful:

There's a therapeutic pillow that aligns your spine and neck - I've used one for years and wouldn't use any other pillow now. They're all over the place here in the U.S. I'll try to find a link.

There's a therapeutic pillow that aligns your spine and neck - I've used one for years and wouldn't use any other pillow now. They're all over the place here in the U.S. I'll try to find a link.

Please do, Sarapva san!!

I've been thinking about this for years, without getting anything done about it (lol, probably for the very years you've been using the pillow to good effect!!)

It's time to order a new bed, mattress, and set of comfy (therapeutic) pillows for this old elephant...any tips most gratefully received! :)

(wannabee!) made of sweet dreams :sleep:

Thank you for good advises, probably I'll buy one of them (I don't know if it's help me but I must try). Nevertheless I'll be looking for japanese pillow, maybe I'll find it but who knows? :?:?
:?:?:?:?:?:?

P.S.
Sarapva thank you for website adress, and greetings from rainy Warsaw
😄😄😄

Jurek

good question jurek, and you don't have to post always a lot of emoticons :p

1 until 5 is enough:p

がし、

しん。

Herbal Shin do you wrote me what it's mean "kanpai"...
I still will be looking something about my pains.:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Greetings from rainy Warsaw

Jurek

Message to all: People!!✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
My neck stop the pains me. I'm feel like young god after enema (how says people in my country). No pains , no troubles I love it. And I love all of you.
Greetings from coldy Warsaw and

That's good news! Did you get a different pillow (Japanese or the contour kind that supports your neck)? :sleep:

I'm happy for you !! I know that when a person has a pain in the neck...it can be...well, a pain in the neck.

Seriously though...I am glad that you are ok now !! Please be careful not to catch a cold ! MM

can someone help me? in the old days of japan people used to sleep on a small wooden block instead of a pillow can someone help me to figure out what its called like and what it exactly is?

@Jurek congratulations man, and Kanpai means Cheers in Japanese but if you translate it literally it means 'to empty glass/cup/bottle'

Message for Sarpava: I don't changed the pillow. I still sleep on my old little pillow who's called "jasiek" ("little johnny").
Thank you for wishes and I wish you all the best in your life
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

One more time thank you for all
Jurek

Message for Mars Man: I'll be careful. I can't catch a cold but my wife catch a cold few days ago and now she must take a medicines and she is very poor thing. I wish you all the best in the world and universe and thank you for all.
Jurek
:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

Message for Herbal Shin: at last you will wrote me what's mean "kanpai". By the way where is yours beautiful moving girl? Do you caught she for all times? Is she back for yours posts? She is very pretty.
📣:gulp::gulp::gulp:📣
Greetings from sunny Warsaw
Jurek

The only thing I have to say about buckwheat pillows:

The last time I used one, I ended up with a piece of buckwheat embedded in my iris that had to be surgically removed.

can someone help me? in the old days of japan people used to sleep on a small wooden block instead of a pillow can someone help me to figure out what its called like and what it exactly is?

It's called the "ki-makura," wooden pillow. You can see some of them here:
Machine-translated page on history of pillows in Japan

I use the therapeutic foam pillow, too. It's great, but it has started to turn soft these days... :auch:

*Please note that this thread will be moved to All Things Japanese.

Message for Epigene: you wrote to me: "It's called the "ki-makura," wooden pillow."
Thank you for japanese name of wooden pillow, but I can't used it because my neck start to pain me again. Maybe some day I'll buy original Japan wooden pillow for my bed sorry for my "tatami" (is it correct name?).
And I want to wish you all the best in your life from man from capitol of Poland: Warsaw.
Jurek
🙏🙏🙂🙂🙂🙂
P.S.
Epigene I envy you yours living in Japan. I know Tokyo is awfull city (like Warsaw) but you may live in other part of Japan in one of the smallest city in Japan Islands. Probably I never will be in Japan. Pity...
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Epigene lives in Tokyo. Yes, tatami is the name of the floorboards. If you mean a Japanese bed, it is 'futon'.

Yeah, traditional Japanese pillows are like bricks...heck, some people might have USED bricks... (ok ok, I'm exaggerating, don't jump on me!)

The pillow used with futon is just a very stiff standard pillow, a bit smaller than the pillows used on modern Western beds. I don't mind sleeping with them, but I seriously doubt any of those will help your neck problems...^^

I once heard a story of a man (he may have been a shogun or some type of warrior, I can't remember his name for the life of me) who slept on his little pillow with two blades by his ears so he would not turn, and thus trained himself to sleep with a very straight posture each night...you can try that :LOL:

Message to White Girl: I don't want to try to sleep like this samurai because I have got one ear more protrude than other. By the way I haven't got a straight posture because I have degenerated spine.
Thank you and greetings from rainy Warsaw
Jurek

P.S.
Would you write to me how much costs original japanese sword?
I'll be grateful.

Back
Top Bottom