What's new

How to lose 10 kg?

Muz1234

Sempai
13 Aug 2014
I am trying to get to my target weight which is to lose 10 kg more, what do you guys recommend me to do?

Low carb -or- no carb dieting.
Major reduction in sugar.
Eating until you feel 80% full.
Drinking teas, such as green tea instead of coffee w/milk + sugar.
Getting enough sleep.
HIIT workouts daily.

I am trying to get to my target weight which is to lose 10 kg more, what do you guys recommend me to do?

Eat less food. Measure your calories. If you eat less calories than you burn, you lose weight.

When I was losing weight, I generally ate a ~400 kcal sandwich a few hours after waking and another a few hours before sleeping (turkey wrap w/mayonnaise, or else a breakfast sandwich of some kind), for ~800kcal for my 'main meals', and up to 2-3 snacks (granola bar, whole fruit) for another ~200 kcals, which I used in the middle of the day when the hunger got to be too much.

My only beverages were water, seltzer, and black coffee, all essentially zero calories. (Black coffee is technically a fraction of a kcal, but not worth worrying about).

There is essentially no way not to lose weight on a ~1000 kcal diet, however it is considered very restrictive, and is essentially the lower limit for a measured calorie diet. It is often recommended only to go so low in consultation with a doctor, but I didn't have any difficulty other than feeling hungry all the time. I'm moderately active with a medium build and no serious health problems. If you are very active or very large or have any health issues, you may have higher calorie requirements, or react worse to an extremely restrictive diet. A ~1200-1400kcal diet should, for all but the smallest and most sedentary individuals, be low enough to ensure weight loss while being less stressful to the body. Of course, the more calories you eat the slower the weight loss.

Consider that your current weight is the result of your lifestyle and habits (with the exception of health complications that can otherwise explain it). A diet is a temporary change in behavior to achieve a desired result, but if you go back to your previous habits, you won't keep the weight off for long. You need to build healthy habits around food and exercise, and stick to them after you've met your goal.

Take a hard, honest look at your diet. Find healthy foods that you like, and replace unhealthy foods with them. Try to cut down sugar, it's empty calories and works like a DRUG, which is why it's in everything. Avoid processed foods, and if possible, cook your own meals. Cooking with fresh, simple ingredients tastes better and is vastly healthier; you'll know what's going into your food, so you'll have a lot more control over your diet. Cutting out processed foods packed with preservatives, nitrates, artificial flavors and food coloring will have added health benefits beyond weight loss. Also, cooking is a great skill not just for yourself, but you can also use it to impress ladies.

Food is your input, now take an honest look at your output. How active are you daily? Do you have any routines? Do you walk, hike, bike, run, swim, play sports or martial arts, dance, climb, or otherwise exercise? Do you do any manual labor around the house, or have a job that involves physical work? It doesn't take a lot of exercise to maintain a healthy baseline. Do you sit a lot? Consider a standing desk if you spend a lot of time on the computer. Walk or bike instead of driving; humans are made to move.

Again, find things that you LIKE that you know are good for them, and work them into your habits. If you lack the willpower to do it alone, join a class or find some friends with similar goals, and keep each other motivated and accountable. Losing weight is such a narrow goal, start with small changes to your habits and work your way up to bigger changes, so that your lifestyle evolves into a routine that keeps you healthy and fit.

I'd also second the recommendation for HIIT workouts; they're quick and effective. For a while I was doing some of the 3 minute workouts from the FightTips youtube channel every morning, sometimes doing them 2-3 times in a row.

Last edited:
I have lose more than 15 kg within 4 month
the most important thing is :
Cook the food by yourself , only eat the food that cook by yourself.

I know how, you need to swim 2 or 3 times a week in medium intensity for 1,5 to 2 hours each time. I use to lose minimum 1 kg and once I did very intense 2 hours and lost 2 kgs

besides, you must quit what makes you fat (fried food, excessive sugar....) and I would add taking x2 1gram of Vitamin C everyday (brand LifeExtension)

I know how, you need to swim 2 or 3 times a week in medium intensity for 1,5 to 2 hours each time. I use to lose minimum 1 kg and once I did very intense 2 hours and lost 2 kgs

besides, you must quit what makes you fat (fried food, excessive sugar....) and I would add taking x2 1gram of Vitamin C everyday (brand LifeExtension)
Do you like cooking ?

yeah @4321go I can cook any easy dish and I like it, also can cook hard ones if follow youtube steps
I like to cook some simple and easy meals because I can control all the details of the ingredients
I am surprised that the food I cook is delicious , the most important thing is that it is very helpful for me to lose weight ,.
Eat Less and Move More is very hard to carry out and stick to it. only eat the food that cook by yourself will make the things much easier~

Back
Top Bottom