What's new

How do you feel about same sex marriage?

Gay Marriage:

I know two Lesbians quite well, they lived 15 years together and then decided to get married, that is now 4 years ago. But since two years they are no longer married they are seperated.

Some streets away from where I live, there was three years ago a big partie, two men loving each other got married. Today there is a third homo partner living with them...
Sure that happens to heterosexual couples too.

I think that the origin of marriage was there to protect the women, because men are tend to falling in love with a younger woman once they reach the age off 45 or a little later. Is it no so that men (most certainly not all!!) are polygamous? More so than women I mean.

In the old days, there were many Greek and Roman homo's, it is as old as the world.
But why this "getting married" all of a sudden? I don't really get it. Sorry!

So long as two people love each other I'm okay with them getting married. Be they two men or women.

I don't mind really. I think its none of the other straight people's choices on how the other parties choose their love. I support it, totally nothing wrong with it.

Against, but I admit that it's because of my very conservative tastes.
However, I allow BL to happen in animes and mangas 😊
I am sure Gay people are thrilled to be "allowed" by some stranger but ONLY in animes and mangas.
Seriously, though, don't you think it is just a teeny weeny bit hypocritical to say that you get off on some sterilised and stylised dipictions of lives of certain group of people, yet in real life, they go against your conservative taste?

They should have the right to get a legal marriage, and some of the rights that go along with that legal contract (such as being able to see their partner in the hospital and such).

However religious organizations should be allowed their freedoms, whether that be refusing a wedding ceremony to a gay couple on their own properties or kicking out members who get a gay marriage. That's their belief system that they are allowed to practice and enforce WITHIN their organization.

I would also be reluctant to give them the right to have children. That is something that needs more investigation before giving the go ahead.

I am sure Gay people are thrilled to be "allowed" by some stranger but ONLY in animes and mangas.
Seriously, though, don't you think it is just a teeny weeny bit hypocritical to say that you get off on some sterilised and stylised dipictions of lives of certain group of people, yet in real life, they go against your conservative taste?
Because stylised fiction is different from real life.

Yes, I admit it is a bit hypocritical, but then, I consider fiction a seperate sphere.

And the most important thing: although I am against, I am for the freedom of people to choose their way of life, as long as they don't force it against me.

No one is really trying to force anything on anybody...its not like all the homosexuals are "forcing" their sexuality on you. They just want the same rights as all other couples are entitled to. If being vocal about it makes you uncomfortable then you have the right to ignore or not listen at all.

The conservative view is that somehow society will spiral towards hell if governments consent to homosexual married couples having rights on par with heterosexual married couples. For example how is it OK that single women may be allowed to have access to IVF here in Victoria yet its a strict no no if two women want to have a child.

Why is it that people are reluctant to give a couple of the same sex the right to have the same rights as hetero married couples or even to have children? Why should this be "investigated" into more than say a heterosexual couple wanting to have children? Its not like heterosexual parents are anymore capable of raising children than homosexuals. Divorce, break ups, whatever HAPPEN in all kinds of relationships, they are never neat and often involve children as well.

What makes homosexual couples that much different? We all bleed the same after all.

Wakaranai yo...

I think everyone deserves the decision to marry whoever they want!! That's the way it should have always been!

Why is it that people are reluctant to give a couple of the same sex the right to have the same rights as hetero married couples or even to have children? Why should this be "investigated" into more than say a heterosexual couple wanting to have children? Its not like heterosexual parents are anymore capable of raising children than homosexuals. Divorce, break ups, whatever HAPPEN in all kinds of relationships, they are never neat and often involve children as well.

What makes homosexual couples that much different? We all bleed the same after all.

Wakaranai yo...
I recommend reading the other thread that Tokis Pheonix began. There are more than a few objections to gay couples having children, and some of them are valid objections.

Do not use a word "Marriage" Because its only made for man and women relation. Not any kind of these things . I don't like and don't believe. Its a fake thing !

The plain reality is that the concept and reality of marrige has evolved over the years. It has basically been a thoroughly patriarchal sexist institution for thousands of years, and most of the evolving occurred relatively recently, but it has evolved. In Christian societies, a large part of the patriarchal sexism in marriage can surely be blamed on the following dictate from the (Christian) Bible:

Ephesians 5:22 ツ"Wives, be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of his wife just as Christ is head of the church, he himself the savior of the body. As the church is subordinate to Christ, so wives should be subordinate to their husbands in everything.ツ"

That sort of mentality is why Paul, whose original name was Saul, came to be known as Saul the Misogynist by some of those who were not particularly impressed by Christianity. That sort of mentality was also thoroughly dominant in Christian societies for nearly 2,000 years. It was only well into the 20th century that English speaking peoples started to drop the phrase "love, honor and obey" (emphasis added by me) from the bride's part of the standard marriage vows. So remember, when people insist that they want to retain "traditional marriage", i.e., they want to prevent same-sex couples from havnig equal rights, this is the sort of thing they are trying to retain, whether or not they admit it. The Southern Baptists (in general) are notoriously anti-gay. Let us not forget that these same anti-gay Southern Baptists, at their national convention in 1998, amended their statement of beliefs with a passage that included the following statement: A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ." Yes, that happened in the USA. However, everything opposing equal marriage rights I have seen from other countries is obviously the same mixture of ant-gay bigotry and partiarchal sexism. Patriarchal sexism, homophobia (don't anyone bother with straw-man fallacies about the word...I won't put up with it), racism, religious supremacism and other forms of bigotry have been unpleasant realities of human life for centuries. That doesn't mean that such bigotries deserve to become pseudo-respectable by being labeled "traditional". By the way, saying that same-sex couple ought to have equal marriage rights is not saying that couples must get married. It should be an option available to those who want it. And I am not impressed by quibbling about "marriage" versus "civil unions". I don't see many people wanting to make the term "civil union" legally applicable to opposite-sex couples. Basically, creating a "civil union" status only for same-sex couples is just an underhanded way of avoiding allowing same-sex couples to have equality, as far as I'm concerned. Two of our friends have been together for 28 years. We have encountered similar same-sex couples. They are doing far better with their relationships that Brittney Spears and the many, many people like her. And before the "sexual misconduct" issue raises its ugly head (again), I saw and heard of an enormous amount of heterosexual misconduct, hypocrisy, double standards, etc., during the years I was in the US Navy. Don't get me started. You won't like it. Finally, I'm disgusted by people who obviously think that homosexuality is terribly icky, "don't like" same-sex marriage, and therefore see fit to deny equal rights to homosexuals. If you don't like same-sex marriage, then don't enter into one! Simple!

I have no problem with same-sex marriage. Just as long as a person can't get married to an animal or an inanimate object. My logic here is saying that marriage is sacred to some people, whether gay or straight. I believe that it would make it meaningless if they made it possible to do so. Of course the concept of marriage would be in the eye of the beholder. I just brought that up because I overheard someone arguing for same-sex marriage and blurted out that they wouldn't care if someone married a chair. It would deface the whole point of marriage.

Back
Top Bottom