What's new

How can we end wars of belligerence?

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
How can we end wars of belligerence?

I am not against a country or other group of people defending themselves through war, but of course, there would be no need if not for those who belligerently start wars.

So how can we stop belligerent governments, such as the United States and their belligerence in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan....and so very many more places?

Obviously, whatever we are doing right now is not working. So what CAN we do?

One first step is that people need to get over their nationalistic indoctrination and be able to recognize who is a belligerent nation or government in the first place.

I often hear China mentioned but who has China invaded or occupied in decades? Who or what are they threatening? China occupied Tibet in the 1950s and I staunchly oppose that garbage. But that was nearly 70 years ago although the occupation continues today. They invaded and withdrew from Vietnam in 1979 and had skirmishes in the 80s over disputed land with Vietnam. And today they have claims of some tiny islands and huge areas of the South China Sea, but these are on par with other countries really, including and especially, Vietnam. And their claim of Taiwan is also on par with other nations in recent enough history such as Britain over Ireland or Ukraine over Crimea.

Far be it for me to claim China is harmless but we can at least be mindful that all their claims, disputes and actions are barely off their own front porch.

Meanwhile the U.S. has a history of near constant war, with something like only a few years of actual peace if you include things like the Indian Wars cause they never could just leave the Native Americans alone but had to steal their lands. Both the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan have been proven to be completely illegitimate and unnecessary and based on complete and obvious fabrications. I knew this from the start of BOTH wars even though so many people are either just figuring it out now or still believing the lies. (due to indoctrination). America is using drones and missiles to launch attacks in currently at least 7 different sovereign nations with no declaration of war using the excuse of "anti-terrorism" to do it.....but that IS terrorism! Half of America's government budget is military even as it claims it has no money for social programs. America spends nearly as much on the military as all other nations on Earth combined, which is 5 times more than China. Seriously, imagine 5 Chinas around one United States....the spending is equal...and that is nuts considering America is surrounded by oceans and allies and China is surrounded by rivals with land borders. How can the U.S. claim its spending is defensive? The U.S. has at least 12 aircraft carriers, with one under construction and at least 2 ordered and more planned. China has an old refurbished Soviet era tub of a carrier and another which is the result of reverse engineering the first. And one more under construction.

We need to be wary of China, but the American threat is here and has been for a long time. America is a belligerent nation. Its like Nazi Germany toned down a notch and taking it slow, building an empire with threats and sporadic violence to gain compliance more than occupation and total war. America is by far the most powerful and prolific belligerent nation on Earth today. We are not going anywhere promoting peace unless the fact is generally known.

What other belligerent nations need recognized?

Last edited:
Step two

STOP showing even the slightest respect for the volunteer soldiers of belligerent nations. No one who fights for or kills for a belligerent nation voluntarily or assists their belligerent fighting and killing is worthy of any respect at all. They are not worthy of mercy even. They are the very willing hands of belligerent and unnecessary fighting and civilian death. If we help them, even so much as to show them respect, we are aiding them in continuing their belligerence and killing.

We may as well condemn Shoko Asahara but say the members of Aum Shinrikyo were just doing their jobs and let them go as they will. MADNESS! If you support the foot soldiers you support their actions! Its meaningless to condemn a war as illegal while never condemning the very people that make it possible through their direct action! Its meaningless to condemn the leaders who can only run their mouths while excusing the people who ACT as the leader commands! NO! If a nation or government is recognized as belligerent then so too are the soldiers that fight, kill or aid it! This is OBVIOUS to all but the indoctrinated!

After anger comes bargaining...such as how can we attempt to absolve those who serve in the militaries of belligerent nations we find ourselves somehow aligned with....whether aligned with the foot soldier of belligerence through kinship or friendship, or the nation through circumstances of birth....or have foolishly conflated nation with government and/or those in power, whether politicians or corporate war profiteers (who do not give a true damn for your lives or those of our sons and daughters).

I do not bargain. I have disowned two nephews over this and I would happily renounce my U.S. citizenship if I had a reasonable alternative in my situation and the current circumstances of the world.

Step three

Our allegiance MUST be to principles and NOT men. NEVER TO MEN! And nations are MEN too! Men change and for selfish reasons. A man may be principled today or seem so, but become completely unprincipled tomorrow. We must be always ready for this. Those who do not behave with ultimate and just, equitable peace in mind or cease to, MUST be rejected. Friendships and kinships might be ended, but principles MUST prevail.

Of course it must be accepted that the only way to end the rule of a bully may be to violently fight him. That is a tricky line to walk admittedly. So we must be vigilant on that point but not give in to the incorrect but easy answer of being non-violent always. Over a decade of peaceful protest did not end American warring in Vietnam's Civil War. It accomplished nothing.

Last edited:
Step four (these are not in order of importance or an order in a program but just as I think of them)

We MUST end any and all hard censorship or our speech. And what I mean by that is that no organization should be able to ban us or delete our content. I don't mind tags that label people as possible trolls or whatnot, but having content deleted and users banned completely denies people the right to hear ideas and decide for themselves. That is RIGHT OUT and this should be obvious to anyone.

We MUST insist that our anti-war voices be heard IN THEIR ENTIRETY and not trimmed in a way that assists belligerent nations and belligerent pro-war people in their promotion of war and the soldiering that makes belligerent war possible.

At present it is OBVIOUS that pro-war groups have control of our media and internet contents, even through those who attempt, but fail to walk a middle ground. Middle grounders are nothing but sycophants and servants of war promoters in effect. There is no room for a middle ground, as it only serves the pro-war lobby.

Last edited:
Bad enough to respond to any of this with "hahas", but to fail to even explain such a reaction? And its not that I even want it explained. I just feel like the cracks of evil just got exposed a bit and I don't even want to see them covered with BS smeared over them.

Do you actually want to "discuss" any of this? Especially with me?? I think not.
And if you've actually disowned your kin over their probably unremarkable service then clearly there are no discussions to be had.
That's like being a happy meat eater but then becoming a vegan and disowning your meat-eating friends and relatives for not being "woke" like you. That's the main reason for my hahas.

Do you actually want to "discuss" any of this?

Of course I do. Your question and your determination of "no" are both disrespectful. Please turn in your moderator badge.

Especially with me??

No. No "especially". Just NOT with you. I would be happy to never see you again in any thread I open ever or in any fashion. You showed why with just the three short sentences that started your reply here. You called me disingenuous, you put yourself on the level of others and you passed judgement summarily.

No, don't want you here at all, in any form.

And if you've actually disowned your kin over their probably unremarkable service then clearly there are no discussions to be had.

Nonsense.

That's like being a happy meat eater but then becoming a vegan and disowning your meat-eating friends and relatives for not being "woke" like you.

Its a decent analogy that hardly makes up for anything else you posted.

Back
Top Bottom