What's new

Hi, my name is....

Uwaga

後輩
2 Dec 2005
well, actually it isn't important what my name is.

What is important is that I'm new, so thought I should post the required 'hi, I'm new' thread.

I'm a 28yo English man, married to a 31yo Polish woman, and we have a 1.1yo Ponglish daughter.

I'm not a huge Japanophile, it's somewhere that I've always found really interesting, and having lived in Africa, India, a couple of different places in Europe and being incredibly curious about all other cultures and countries, Japan is somewhere that I've thought I'd like to go and visit for a while.

Now I have been offered a job in Tokyo that I can't turn down, and so we are coming for 5 years or so, starting in April next year. I say 5 years, but if we hate it then it will be less, and if we love it, it could be a lot more.

Anyway, I'm sure that more about me will be revealed as I bombard the boards with questions in the runup to, and initial stages of, life in Tokyo.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have fun:) 🙂
How are you with the language? I think that is one important thing to learn, as for the rest there are several people on the forum that have lived in Japan for several years. Have a look using search, if it's not there, just start a thread.

Hello and welcome to the forum.🙂 You sound like someone who is interested in learing about different cultures. I like different cultures, too.👍 Anyways, have fun here dear.

Hello and welcome! It's great that you get the chance to move to Japan for a while! Me too I am not what you would call 'Japanophile', but different cultures are always interesting and it sounds like you have done a good amount of travelling and discovering, which is fantastic! :p

Hope you find the forum helpful... and, yeah, definitely learn Japanese - the speaking, at least, is not so incredibly difficult, and it's good fun! :joyful:

Thanks for the welcome.

We've only known that we are off to Tokyo for a few days, and our Japanese language skills are zero. We're both going to be working very hard at it during the next 4 months though, as it would be really good to have even the most basic of basic understanding of the language upon arrival.

Welcome! It's always nice to have someone with lots of international experiences, so I hope to see you around!

Back
Top Bottom