What's new

HELP! What are these?

greenh940

後輩
1 Mar 2023
Hello, I'm new to this site and this is my first thread. Can someone please put these symbols in text format so I can copy them? I'm not able to get an exact match on any lanuage recognition website. A translation would also be nice but I mostly care about the text format. (Hopefully it is Japanese 😬). Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Symbols.png
    Symbols.png
    12 KB · Views: 52
What is the source? Could it be made up characters? I'm not coming up with anything in modern Japanese or Chinese.

What is the source? Could it be made up characters? I'm not coming up with anything in modern Japanese or Chinese.
It's not a reliable source exactly, its part of someones username. I found part of the second character except its not a 100% match, here it is: 榉. Even if it is a made up characters (not sure how that works with this language), there is definitely still a text version of it. Otherwise that username wouldn't be possible.

I'm going to guess it's Chinese then. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help.
But I typed that symbol 榉 into google and it said it's Japanese. And it's almost identical to the one in the picture. Could it really be Chinese?

But I typed that symbol 榉 into google and it said it's Japanese. And it's almost identical to the one in the picture. Could it really be Chinese?
Yes it's close but it's not the same "part" on the bottom right which makes it not the same. The extra horizontal stroke makes a difference. The only reason I'm saying Chinese is because I can't find either of these in a modern Japanese dictionary. I suppose it's possible that it's old deprecated Japanese.

Yes it's close but it's not the same "part" on the bottom right which makes it not the same. The extra horizontal stroke makes a difference. The only reason I'm saying Chinese is because I can't find either of these in a modern Japanese dictionary. I suppose it's possible that it's old deprecated Japanese.
I think you're right. When typed into google it brings up some Japanese plant but when typed into google translate it says it's Chinese. Is there a Chinese language discussion topic I could post this under again? Or should I try a different forum?

Attachments

• 6AC8360D-C64B-400A-8FC0-3DD4705A6C32.jpeg
    6AC8360D-C64B-400A-8FC0-3DD4705A6C32.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom