What's new

Help translating picture

Peelyj

Registered
26 Nov 2021
Is anyone able to translate my picture please, I found this in an old picture frame, I'm hoping to find out what year my picture may be from.

20211125_131943.jpg

Attachments

• 20211125_131936.jpg
    20211125_131936.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 89
It's a piece of a newspaper. Unfortunately, there is no description about the date, but judging from the words like Korean Rice (Price), Overseas Territory's (Rice Price) or Homeland's (Rice Price) on the paper or the kanji used there, it must be before or during the WW2.

What about the back of the piece? Is there something written on it?

It's a piece of a newspaper. Unfortunately, there is no description about the date, but judging from the words like Korean Rice (Price), Overseas Territory's (Rice Price) or Homeland's (Rice Price) on the paper or the kanji used there, it must be before or during the WW2.

What about the back of the piece? Is there something written on it?
Thanks for this I appreciate your help, that is really interesting, yes I have just noticed on the back I have taken another picture

Attachments

• 20211125_155405.jpg
    20211125_155405.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 82
The lower part of the second piece in the last picture is an article regarding a conference held at a foreign place starting with ロ, i.e., Ro or Lo. It mentioned British Foreign Minister Chamberlain and German Foreign Minister Stresemann, thus, they are Austen (not Neville) Chamberlain and Gustav Stresemann, respectively. Judging from the contents of the article, the location name must be Locarno, Switzerland. In conclusion, the date of the newspaper is a day (probably 5 ~ 16) in October, 1925.

The lower part of the second piece in the last picture is an article regarding a conference held at a foreign place starting with ロ, i.e., Ro or Lo. It mentioned British Foreign Minister Chamberlain and German Foreign Minister Stresemann, thus, they are Austen (not Neville) Chamberlain and Gustav Stresemann, respectively. Judging from the contents of the article, the location name must be Locarno, Switzerland. In conclusion, the date of the newspaper is a day (probably 5 ~ 16) in October, 1925.
Toritoribe thanks a lot for your help!
Here is the picture which had the newspaper inside it, I think this was used as a room divider back then.

Attachments

• 20211118_112404.jpg
    20211118_112404.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom