What's new

Help me with my japanese homework

scandolous0

後輩
27 May 2013
I have a japanese project about introduction of a japanese garden in hiroshima. I've formed the sentences but I don't know if the particles and vocabulary are correct. Can you guys help me check and correct me if i'm wrong? also, some of them i don't know how to write in japanese so i wrote in English. Can you help me write the correct kanji or katakana for that part? Thank you for your help. I'm really not good with japanese and my teacher is very strict and demands perfection, so i really need your help.

1. Shukeiken is a japanese garden.
- 縮景園 は にわ が あります

2. Shukkei-en has mountains and valleys and forests.
- 縮景園は やま と たに と じゅりん が あります

3. Shukkei-en garden was built near hiroshima castle.
- にわ は そば に Hiroshima の しろ を たてました

4. The nuclear weapon destroyed the garden in 1945.
- 1945 に かくへいきは にわ を ほろぼしました

5. the garden opened again in 1951.
- 1951 に にわ は もういちど を たてました

#3 is in the passive voice in English. Have you learned how to do passive in Japanese yet?

so 3&4 is correct?
SomeCallMeChris-san's advice regarding castle is for #3.

3)
Notice the order of そばに and "Hiroshima Castle".

4)
ほろぼす could be barely understandable, but it's better to look up another translation for "to destroy" again.

5)
"To open" is not たてる.

i didn't learn passive verb in japanese yet. it's a bit hard for me to do much corrections because I'm in high school and I had to return my books before the project is due.

so these are the changes according to your replies. Can you guys check?

* changes for #3 : Shukkei-en garden was built near hiroshima castle
にわ は 広島城 の そば に たてました

* changes for #4 : the nuclear weapon destroyed the garden in 1945 (i don't know how to put the verb in past tense)
1945年 に かくへいきは にわ を こわす

* changes for #5: garden was once again built in 1951 (so is mata correct?)
1951年 に にわ は また たてました

* changes for #1: Shukkeiken is a garden.
縮景園 は にわ です

#1 is OK.

3) 5)
たてる is a verb for "to build a building / house". This is not used for 庭.

So, you have't seen this yet?

past active
たてました: built
past passive
たてられました: was built

4)
こわす is the present tense.

5)
また is not incorrect, but isn't there any other translation for "once again" in your dictionary?

Those become far better than the previous ones. Just correct the points I wrote above.

so what verb do you use for building garden? the dictionary only gives definition, not so much when to use it.

-i changed こわす to こわした
-i changed また to ふたたび

Thanks for your help.

Well I'm in highschool so it's less intense, although I've gotten 3 B's from my japanese class so far :( I promised myself that I'd get an A in that class at all cost this time lol

Last edited:
Twenty years from now it will be the super strict hard teachers you remember and appreciate the most. It isn't too early to get started appreciating them right now.

Back
Top Bottom