What's new

Hello...new member here

JayWhy

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I just joined this forum and thought I'd say hi and introduce myself.
My name Is John and I live in Australia.
I have been to Japan twice. The first time was an all expenses paid trip by the company I worked for at the time, to learn how to operate a new piece of equipment.
Because my wife wasn't able to travel with me on that trip, the second visit was a holiday for both of us. I wanted to show her everything I learned and experiences I had.
We both absolutely loved Japan and would have loved to go back again. Sadly, my wife has now passed away but my interest in Japan has never waned so I thought I'd join this forum to catch up on everything Japanese :)

Aelna

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello! ^_^

I am new here as well! :D

I am very sorry about your wife. :( I hope that you are doing well, and I hope that your dreams can come true for both of you! :)

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi John, nice to have you aboard! I'm very sorry about your wife.

When are you planning your third trip to Japan?

JayWhy

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello! ^_^
I am new here as well! :D
I am very sorry about your wife. :( I hope that you are doing well, and I hope that your dreams can come true for both of you! :)
Hi Aelna
Thank you for your kind words :)
Now it's my turn to welcome you to the forum 🙂
I think it's a great place to discover all we want to know about Japan.
Hope you enjoy it, as much as I do 😄

JayWhy

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hi Thomas
Thank you ...and it's nice to be here :)
If I'd been able to afford it, my third trip to Japan would have happened a couple of years ago, and I'd probably be up to my 8th trip by now :)
I've had "Japan withdrawals" for a while and I find this forum, as well as watching NHK World TV offers some relief :D .....not the same as being there of course, but it'll have to substitute for the time being :)