What's new

Gackt

Anyone else but me having trouble finding specific pictures in their huge GACKT-pic-library?:p
I haven't got all that many yet, lol, I know people who have alot more... But I'm working on it xD

How many Gackt-pics do you have?
I have about 1400... 😌

You have alot compared to me. I've just started collecting them and have about 600.
Im gonna look through all of them when I have time, and sort them into random catagorys to make them easyier to find

Yeah, I tried to sort mine when I had about 800... And it became 33 folders xD and now I have even more unsorted... gonna take forever..!

Junon 2011.01 Scans

credits: Junon 2011.01 Scans

Otherwise known as the magazine with GACKT and not so little Sho...
Yes...Kanata Hongo (alias little Sho on MOON CHILD MOVIE)meet Gackto san for a photoshot for this magazine names Junon.

Eh....Kanata san groved up very well!!!!

bannerdzxm-1.jpg

a001k-1.jpg
a002h-1.jpg
a003-1.jpg

well...I've tried to post some news but...there's some problems.....

Now...I''ll try again...

The charity fund has been making a lot of progress~!

Firstly, GACKT's message and information about the charity is now available in Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Russian!
It also looks like there will be more efficient and easier ways to donate for those overseas, so keep an eye out for more information.

http://gackt.com/language.html

Also, when it concerns the charity, it seems that GACKT will have his blogs translated and placed on the official site as well (only available in Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean).

http://www.gackt.com/page/message/us.html

Finally, the charity has gathered well over 100,000,000窶ー~ or $1.25 million USD!
The site has also updated it's list of contributors, including the members of Job, companies, other Asian celebrities.

As GACKT stated in his latest blog post, donations will be accepted until March 31st. After that, the money will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross and the charity will start up again at a later date.

SHOW YOUR HEART - ハンゲーム

thanks to:Camui Love

Last edited:
SHOW YOUR HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gackt-Sama
GACKT's ツ"SHOW YOUR HEARTツ" campaign starts in 130 places

20110331_GACKT_syh2-1.jpg

Rock musician GACKT has taken the role to lead the ツ"SHOW YOUR HEARTツ" campaign to raise money in 130 different places accross Japan. He started at 5 PM on March 31st and is backed by the Nagoya JR train station.

One hundred fifty talents and athletes, as well as 5000 volunteers, have joined GACKT in this campaign to raise money for the Tohoku victims.

A very involved GACKT went out, bowed, and met with people on the street to raise money, and asked that people give their courage and strength to those in need. Many female fans of the singer stood in a long line with \1,000 bills and placed them in the donation box. GACKT shook each other their hands and gave his thanks as each one donated.

More than \170,000,000 was donated by enterprises and celebrities such as Noriko Fujiwara and Takahashi Hisanori.

Starting on April 3rd to the 4th, 10 countries will also participate in this venture. Volunteers from South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, America, Germany, Australia, and Singapore are among the countries.

20110331_GACKT_syh1-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh3-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh4-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh5-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh6-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh7-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh8-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh10-1.jpg

20110331_GACKT_syh11-1.jpg

MORE PIX AND INFO:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/ne...1000534250.html

www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2011/03/31/0003910675.shtml

http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/...331-755246.html

http://news24.jp/entertainment/news/1616807.html

www.sanspo.com/geino/news/110401/gnj1104010506012-n1.htm

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/04/gackts-sh...-in-130-places/

I've been a big Gackt fan ever since randomly deciding to listen to his music one day. The first song I found was "Lust for Blood" and was blown away. His music is a big influence on my own music, and I plan on touring Japan in the next year or two. Maybe I'll run into him! ;)

Big GACKT fan here too! When i was new to Nihongo, I was asking around in forums for suggestions on good music to listen to as supplement to my studies. I mean, the ones we had at school were OK but they were popular songs from the 70s and 80s ^^;; Someone suggested GACKT, Fukuyama Masaharu, SMAP and Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi.
I really fell in love with GACKT. he's just so beautiful...I can't believe he's 40...sometimes my friends can't believe he's male :D

Anyone here see SKIN in concert? I really wish they would make a record. For those who don't know what SKIN is, it is a band made up of Gackt, Sugizo, Yoshiki, and Miyavi. That is an amazing line-up!!

Strange...
Well the song that captivated me into being a fan is "Last Song". ^^
Really love it and hope to get a lot more of his music. :)

What's this about Gackt's "Last Visual Live" or whatever? What does that mean? I know he's not retiring (he said he's not)
I am quite stumped with this too. Maybe he meant he will stop with the Visual Live tours? Argh, no other clue!

Strange...
Well the song that captivated me into being a fan is "Last Song". ^^
Really love it and hope to get a lot more of his music. :)
This was my very first GACKT song too! It's great, isn't it? So haunting...

I also love 12gatsu no Love Song. I bought all the different versions just for the heck of it, haha.

Can anyone recommend some other artists in a similar vein as Gackt? I'm a big fan of Gackt's music, but admittedly I haven't checked out much Malice Mizer, lol.

As an artist myself, Gackt really makes me want to learn piano. I kick myself for not learning piano at a young age!!

Hmm...I tried to think of any artist similar to Gackt. Miyavi, maybe? I am not sure! That's probably because Gackt is one of a kind :D
Do check out Malice Mizer. My first MM song was Au Revoir. I love the music video too. I can hear the song in my head right now?

Is it true that he also knows how to play the violin? Or is it just You who is the violinist of the group?

I'll check out some Miyavi :) Yeah gackt def. is one of a kind.

As far as I know he doesn't play violin, but I dunno. I've looked on the credits of many of his albums on discogs.com and I don't remember him playing violin, only piano.

Ah well. Maybe I just confused Gackt and You. Sometimes they look eerily alike when You styles his hair in the same style as Gackt's :D
Btw, have you heard of his tax evasion case problem?

I've heard something about it, but I don't know what it involves. I just looked it up and there's something about him having a lover and a child living in Vancouver? The article said that if it came out that he had something like a wife and a child, it would "ruin his image."

That could just be speculation of course, but in my opinion, I could care less if a celebrity has a wife and kids. The days of the "untouchable" and "mysterious" rock star are pretty much over...I feel people tend to enjoy feeling closer to an artist, rather than feeling distant.

Its like with movie stars. Everyone knows Brad Pitt has a wife and children. Does that ruin his image? No! In many cases it may make the celebrity more likeable to the masses.

Gackt taking an indefinite leave due to his poor health.

According to the announcement, after returning to Japan on Aug. 6, Gackt contacted his agency saying that his health was not good, and then his condition suddenly deteriorated. "His neurological disorder from childhood triggered a temporary life-threatening condition," the agency reported. The 48-year-old singer's poor health continued for several weeks, but his condition is now stable, although he has lost about 10 kilograms. However, he suffered a severe vocal disorder, and the doctor judged that it was impossible for him to continue his work using his voice at this stage. "He will return overseas to see his doctor for a thorough examination of his chronic illness and vocal disorder, and then focus on treatment in order to resume his activities," the announcement said.

gackt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom