What's new

Fight a Questions with another question Game

What makes a number prime, anyway?
A prime number is a number that has exactly two factors. 2 is the only even prime number - it has the factors 1 and 2. Contrary to popular belief, 1 is not a prime number as it has only one factor, 1. I so often hear people -even Mathematicians! - define a prime number as a number that is divisible only by itself and 1. That's not correct, since under that definition, 1 would be prime, which it's not.

In answer to my previous question, there are an infinite number of prime numbers. Would you like me to prove it?

Do you think it follows simply that because there are an infinite number of numbers there must be an infinite number of any particular type of number?

Don't you think that depends on the particular type of number in question?

(In response, however, I would think that given the definition of what a prime number is, it would be broad enough to yield an infinite number of results given an infinate number of candidates. The value set would just approach infinity at a slower rate than that of the field of candidates.)

sometimes they do neither they usually drill holes through them and make tunnels, but sometimes it can collapse right? i mean what would u do? just go over, thru, or around??

(In response, however, I would think that given the definition of what a prime number is, it would be broad enough to yield an infinite number of results given an infinate number of candidates. The value set would just approach infinity at a slower rate than that of the field of candidates.)
This is true. But how do you know there are an infinite number of numbers? Doesn't that also need to be proved?

But what if the gas in you car is gone and you have no money to buy more?

(especially in Canada, I hear it is really expensive up there right now, anyone confirm this in the subbing to their question fight?)

Which hill are you referring to? Are you referring to the proverbial hill that we all will be "over" sooner or later?

Back
Top Bottom