What's new

Is killing another human being wrong?

Is killing a person ever right?

• Total voters
If you are a person of sound mind, I doubt you would think killing should be allowed, even if it meant it contradicted what government authorities stated. Are you implying that your mind is more sound than those in power?
The only way a soldier or policeman would be entitled to kill you is if it was in self defense, and vice versa for you. So in that sense, yes, you are already entitled to kill him just as much as they are entitled to kill you. I don't see a need for a dichotomy as you have put it.

I'd say that my mind is more sound than those in power, since power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The laws themselves, the courts that enforce and interpret the laws, are going to last longer than those who legislate them (and not all legislators pass sound laws, which is why laws are often struck down).

I find it easier to ask, "Do you want to be killed?" when it comes to the question of whether or not killing another human being is wrong. If your life is in danger, and you have no recourse, then defending yourself is normal and although I would not say it is right, but that you had no other choice is acceptable.

I don't like violence of any kind. If I accidentally killed someone, god, I don't think I could live with myself. It would take quite a bit of therapy to help me cope.

Would you quit the annoying necroposting, please? Or if you just insist on amusing yourself by digging up long-dead threads could you at least add something semi-interesting instead of your customary worthless drivel?

Is your life do dull that all you have to do is sit in front of your computer and dig through discussions that died years ago, then add some banal remark that does nothing to add new information or insight?

If so, I wish you'd take up a new hobby. This one is highly annoying.

Back
Top Bottom