What's new

Evangelion - Neon Genesis

Minxie

先輩
14 Sep 2004
Hey guys,

I finally saw Evangelion (manga which came out in 1997), and I wanted to know what you're opinions of the Final Revised Ending was (ep. 25 & ep. 26).

I got most of the philosophical/religious aspects of it, but I wanted to hear what others had to say. Sometimes you have to think so hard to figure out the subliminal messages Japanese movies/manga are trying to portray.

Where you guys confused? What did you think some of the characters represented etc.

Thanks for your feedback! 🙂

Minxie said:
Hey guys,

I finally saw Evangelion (manga which came out in 1997), and I wanted to know what you're opinions of the Final Revised Ending was (ep. 25 & ep. 26).

I got most of the philosophical/religious aspects of it, but I wanted to hear what others had to say. Sometimes you have to think so hard to figure out the subliminal messages Japanese movies/manga are trying to portray.

Where you guys confused? What did you think some of the characters represented etc.

Thanks for your feedback! 🙂
I got that it was an anime show.......and a good one at that

Eva was too much for me. There was so many religious overtones that should be considered in making an interpretation. I just sat back and enjoyed whenever Shinji and Asuka would tag team up. :)

when eva finished i just sat there with my brother...we were looking each other and our first thought was "hm..." ...

hey, did u saw the movie "end of eva"? theres a different ending...what u think of it?

It's been awhile since I've seen the whole series, but I understood the majority of it. End of Evangelion is one crazy movie - that one I only partially understood. I should watch it again.

The real only way your going to get it is to watch the series before the movie. I highly recommend that first. :D I watched the movie first and I was so lost because they had clips from the series in it and I was so lost. Hahah but I love Evangelion. Tis good.

sweetangel said:
when eva finished i just sat there with my brother...we were looking each other and our first thought was "hm..." ...

hey, did u saw the movie "end of eva"? theres a different ending...what u think of it?

Weird. Although Canon in D Major was a nice ending theme.

I am only up to the 3rd dvd...out of 8. I've heard that the ending isn't really an ending at all? I love it so far, but am I in for a disappointment at the end?

There's no way you're in for a disappointment - you'll just have to try and figure it out :p. I should really watch it again ^_^.

Back
Top Bottom