What's new

Looking for Love Hina and Neon Genesis Evangelion replacement

El P8s

先輩
13 Jan 2006
Hi,
I just recently watched the last episode of both Love Hina and Neon Genesis Evangelion an now I'm desperatly looking for a replacement does anyone know any simiular animes?

How about Full Metal Panic ? It has a mecha (Eva) and some comedic love storylines (Love Hina). Mithril is a mercenary organization that protects the world from terrorists and people who disrupt peace. Sagara Sousuke, a sergeant at Mithril is assigned to protect a Japanese teener gifted with special powers (known as Whispered), Kaname Chidori. What happens next is a rollicking jumble of how an army rat like Sagara fits his military paranoia into mainstream social life.

Or maybe you would want to pick up Gundam Seed and its sequel, Seed Destiny. But that'll be a combined 100 eps. It deals with the struggle for peaceful coexistence between naturals (normal humans) and coordinators (genetically enhanced humans). There are many betrayals and plot twists, and not to mention, mecha upgrades. A whole bunch of exciting battle scenes too.

Or maybe you could have Onegai Sensei, with the lovely Mizuho sensei😍. Mizuho Kazami is an alien tasked to observe Earth life. Her spaceship crash landing though was witnessed by Kei, a HS student. Mizuho integrates herself into society by successfully applying for a teaching post at a nearby school (ehem, Kei's school):) . In part to hide Mizuho's secret, they marry. And it becomes a queasy, uneasy relationship between teacher and student. Or would it ?🙂

ANIME which I recommend
"AZUMANGA DAIOH"
http://www.advfilms.com/titles/azumanga/filmstrip/
MANGA
orangeday.net

484021467009LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

Thx I'll give all three a shot^^
But I'm also looking for an anime or a real film or series ,that shows different aspects of life in Japan ,as an ordinary guy.

moffeltoff said:
But I'm also looking for an anime or a real film or series ,that shows different aspects of life in Japan ,as an ordinary guy.

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anime that's realistic. I'd suggest "My Neighbors the Yamadas" or "Tonari no Yamada-kun" (about a Japanese family) for that, but it's actually more of a universal family thing as opposed to purely Japanese. "Kareshi kanojo no jijou," or "His and Her Circumstances" has no robots, aliens, or super powers, but it's more cereberal than some people care for. It's about the relationship of two high school students.

Dramas are the way to go, but I never remember the names.

moffeltoff said:

MeAndroo's right. It's hard to find an anime series that would realistically portray Japanese life. His picks would be the closest that we could get. 👍

My bet would be a drama (dorama) series. There are some notables --- like Densha Otoko (story of a otaku who falls in love for the first time), Last Christmas (it's like Erich Segal's Love Story but with a twist), Attack no. 1 (the struggles of a volleyball player).

The animation series to describe Japanese life practically.
Representative animation
"SAZAE SAN"
ANIME which described daily life of an Isono family
It is broadcasting it from October 5, 1969
Sazae-san - Wikipedia

"CHIBI MARUKO-CHAN"
Chibi Maruko-chan orLittle Maruko (Japanese: 窶堋ソ窶堙鯛?堙懌?堙ゥナスq窶堋ソ窶堙。窶堙ア) is a children'smanga byMomoko Sakura best known for theanime TV series based on it, originally aired onFuji Television from1990 to1992. It depicts the simple, everyday life of a little girl nicknamed Maruko insuburban late-seventies Japan. Originally ash?jo series created to appeal to the childhood memories of young women, it has found a large audience among children who identified to the little heroine. It has spawned numerous games, animated films andmerchandising, as well as a second TV series running from1995 to the present. Maruko's style and themes are sometimes compared to the classic comicSazae-san.
Chibi Maruko-chan - Wikipedia
SITE
http://www.nippon-animation.co.jp/chibimaruko.htm

"Crayon Shin-chan"
Crayon Shin-chan (ニ誰ニ椎槌塚?停?懌?堋オ窶堙ア窶堋ソ窶堙。窶堙ア Kureyon Shinchan) is a manga and anime series written by Yoshito Usui. The American version of the manga is titled "Crayon ShinChan", while the UK and Spanish version of the anime is titled Shin Chan. The series follows the antics of a five year-old boy and his father and mother. This story is set in Kasukabe,Saitama,Japan.
Crayon Shin-chan first appeared in a Japanese weekly magazine called Weekly Manga Action (WEEKLYツ週ナ?テ犯但ニ誰ニ歎ニ停?。ニ停??, which is published by Futabasha Publishers.
Much of the humor in the series stems from Shin-chan's occasionally unnatural and inappropriate use of language, as well as from his inappropriate behavior. Much of this humor is untranslatable for non-Japanese speaking readers and viewers. In Japanese, certain set phrases almost always accompany certain actions; many of these phrases have standard responses. A typical gag involves Shin-chan confounding his parents by using the wrong phrase for the occasion.
The storylines used in the anime series are based on those in the comic. Although the stories have been softened for television, there has been controversy about the program, primarily from parents who argue that the main character, Shin-chan (like Bart on the American animated series The Simpsons), sets a bad example for children. Although some westerners have called Shin-chan the "Bart Simpson of Japan," there are fewer similarities than differences between the two characters. In particular, Bart is older and apparently more intentionally mischievous than Shin-chan, many of whose misdeeds seem to stem more from simple ignorance of correct behavior due to his age. This provides the writers with ample opportunity to write gags based on age-inappropriate behavior, such as Shin-chan's occasional use of extremely formal language. Shin-chan has also been compared to the character Calvin, from the cartoon strip Calvin and Hobbes.
Crayon Shin-chan - Wikipedia

"The Adult Empire Strikes Back (窶披?吮?堙ーナ津??堙犯停?堋ーニ椎槌団! ニ棚ニ暖ニ段窶凖ゥツ坂?倪?堙娯?ケtツ襲) "
Quality was very high in this movie, and many adults were impressed in a movie theater.
It is a very famous movie
http://infoseek.amikai.com/amiweb/b...訳&display=2&lang=JA&toolbar=yes&c_id=infoseek
SITE
http://www.futabasha.co.jp/sinchan/

previewed
http://www.shinchan-movie.com/trailer/index.html
http://www.shinchan-movie.com/trailer/asx/shin2006-t01-w.asx

B0000DKKVB09LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

MADAMADA!!
It does not stop when I let me tell ANIME.
However, because I make pasta now
Please wait
...I watch "Honey and a Clover" and.....

A continuance
"ATASHINCHI"
The present Japanese life-sized happy home where there is it anywhere, and all can sympathize with where person of "tachibana" of "ATASHIN-CHI" is not model at all.
Mother desperate in a trifle,
Father who leaves a door of a lavatory open
A normal female high school student / mandarin orange
Junior high student / YUZUHIKO ツ… cool at a glance.
As for the daily life of this family whom there is anywhere, even who has an idea, and it is the events on parade that it laughs at unintentionally.
"Then there was not it, it lies only in my home to do such a thing" and wants to "watch our mother"!
It is a choice of the cartoon film that there is that I enjoy it with ツ」 and all the families.
For pleasure.

あたしンちとは アニメの人気・最新記事を集めました - はてな
あたしんち - Wikipedia
SITE
あたしンち
B000BU6OW209LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

"窶ーYヒ??窶彜窶ケテ倪?ーテ??伉ー(URAYASU TETTUKIN KAZOKU)SUPER RADICAL GAG FAMILY"

Urayasu-shi, Chiba is a stage.
A chief character / OOSAWAGI KOTETU (a second grader) and the friend / family develop a slapstick comedy.
There is a great deal of mosquito fatty tuna material, and there is much violence description, too.
A double of professional wrestler and entertainer appears well.
There are many readers whom I am exciting, and insist that I am interesting.
However, there is much severe criticism because I appear so that Sheen such as bleeding by violence is ordinary, and there is the very vulgar scene, and serious, how to get laughters is childish.
The yes and no is divided.
I change a name of an institution such as Disneyland and a company, and it is famous that it is drawn a completely few observatory on Urayasu.
Subtitle of an individual name, onomatopoeia, sound effects are characteristics.

浦安鉄筋家族 - Wikipedia

B00005HTQ509LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

"窶ーテ披?彡ツ渉ュ窶扼ナスj(HANADA SYONEN SHI)History of Hanada"
The old good times.
Japan.
When color televisions are not yet spread to the public.
In the country, there was a famous naughty boy in a neighborhood.
Hanada ICHIRO.
It is a chief character of this story.
When it annoys mother who does not buy a color television with a frog run over by car, and it goes into mischief to a neighboring cat and dog with tapir Chiku, it is the naughty Buddhist priest who cannot be available of a fist done hand.
However, there was merely the thing which was a one weak point to a boy.
It is a ghost!
Such ICHIRO.
One day I go into mischief as always and collide with what an on the way three-wheeled truck escaping from mother / Toshie!
ツ!
It is ICHIRO which wandered for life and death, but escapes death somehow.
However, it was the ability that it was not very thankful for that the thing which I got with 9 stitches of wounds of a head was scary, and the ghost who hated it was seen.
I cover it, and it is ICHIRO clung to to a ghost praying for entering Nirvana.
How do you become it from now on?
This is a laughter and a story of tears that such ICHIRO develops with ghosts.
花田少年史とは マンガの人気・最新記事を集めました - はてな
http://www.vap.co.jp/movies/realaudio/asx/hanada_sv_b.asx
http://www.ntv.co.jp/hanada/hanada25.asx

ASIAN TELEVISION TECHNICAL & CREATIVE AWARDS 2003 BEST ANIMATION

SITE
花田少年史
花田少年史

MADAMADA!!
"窶堋カ窶堙。窶堙ィニ停?愬スqニ蛋ニ竪(JYARINKO CHIE)"
A downtown area of Osaka is a stage.
Cheerful girl "Chie" (a primary schoolchild) who runs a HORUMON_YAKI restaurant by oneself
This ANIME draws people surrounding her of marked.

じゃりン子チエ - Wikipedia
SITE
http://www.futabasha.co.jp/chie/

MANGA SITE
http://www.futabasha.co.jp/web_mag/wm_doranko.html

This ANIME can do study of Kansai dialect.😌
関西じゃりン子チエ研究会

http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~xitoaki/
B00064194G09LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

"ツ渉ュ窶扼ニ但ニ歎ニ遅(syonen ashibe)"

The gag comics that I described interchange of Ashiya ニ但ニ歎ニ遅 of sesame and the first grader who were a baby of Spotted seal in.
Originally Ashiya house was a the 1s house, and ASHIBE lived in the neighborhood || was very close to Anan Sugao of a first grader identically.
However, father of ASHIBE which was a carpenter has done a house of under construction for a fire by misbehavior of own fire.
I am to sell the the one houses which lived in a hurry till then all father of ASHIBE takes responsibility, and to compensate a house of under construction, and one the Ashiyas is to move to an apartment of a remote town from a house.
Here is an opening of a story of "boy ASHIBE".
ASHIBE went out and was walking a road, and, ASHIBE and the first encounter of sesame, sesame dropped on a road from a load-carrying platform of a truck belonging to the hood which I happened to pass by on a road.
Because I considered ASHIBE to be a fish at first and did not react at all even if I touched it and swatted it, ASHIBE was immediate and intended to eat as supper and dragged sesame to a house.
If I drained it off by a kitchen knife on a cutting board, and father of ASHIBE would deal at once in a kitchen, the sesame which slept has got up till then.
It is an animal illustrated book and on study I understand that it is a baby of Spotted seal, and, with word that I "eat it and may be able to eat it, but do not seem to be cute", ASHIBE suggests it with "窶堋コ which then this fellow will keep", and father of ASHIBE agrees to mother of ASHIBE which returned from shopping later keeping sesame and is ASHIBE names "sesame", and to keep it as a member of a family of the Ashiyas immediately.
Every day when one, Sugao left apart from ASHIBE go down in sorrow.
However, a situation is improved, and the Anans develops for a the worst situation to say moving to Nepal with a transfer of father.
Can ASHIBE and two people of Sugao achieve a reencounter safely as expected?

少年アシベ - Wikipedia
SITE
http://www.amy.hi-ho.ne.jp/gomachan/

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
<3 nothing makes my heart as happy as Azumanga. I think I've seen the whole series 4 or 5 times so far and if anyone asked me to go through it again, I would happily do an azu-marathon. to put that into perspective I should say I have yet to see a single other series that warrants a second go even if there have been some very good. although I was very close to going for a second run of Onizuka yesterday.

There's nothing better then Evangelion...
I mean... I saw Inuyasha and other manga but i didn't like the idea...
But Evangelion? Its the best...case i doesn't makes sence!
You don't have to understand the plot of it!

moffeltoff said:
Hi,
I just recently watched the last episode of both Love Hina and Neon Genesis Evangelion an now I'm desperatly looking for a replacement does anyone know any simiular animes?
Wow dude, those are the very FIRST two anime series I ever watched. Man that takes me back.
If you liked NGE, then definately get your head around RahXephon. It's my all time favourite series, and kinda follows a similar story as NGE, but with less "annoying-shinji-syndrome".
As for Love Hina, something similar would be Ai Yori Aoshi, another absolute favourite of mine.

Oh yeah, and make sure you have seen NGE: Death & Rebirth and End of Evangelion.
And for Love Hina, watch the Summer and Xmas specials, along with the Love Hina OVA's (3 episodes from memory)

Back
Top Bottom