What's new

Do You Cook Out At Your House ??

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
Here in the US it seems everyone has a cooking grill outside. They are for sale everywhere here from $25 to $10,000. The 2 main types are gas and charcoal. I like to cook out on the real hot days to avoid heating up the house and kitchen.
How about in your country, a common thing to see or never would do such a thing?

Frank

:? 🍜 :gohan:

when we had a garden we always had barbies there.. now we just have a balconie.. so we put some kinda gril on it,, but not verry big.. a friend of mine bought a house and he is planning on building a barbie...

i love australia, in so many parks they have Barbie what you can use for free!!!

love eating outside, and coocking outside.. wish i had a garden, and time

Oh dear, my father is a fanatic for this sort of thing. I really don't care for it at all. I can live with eating food cooked outside as much as I could eating food cooked inside.

A soon as the sun is out for more than an hour in the afternoon, everyone around here sets up their BBQ. You can see smoke for miles. My brother came round specifically to use our BBQ just because it was sunny, and the wind blew all the smoke in the house. Which was fun.

I love BBQ's! Everyone I know in New Zealand has one! When I lived in the tiniest apartment with the tiniest balcony my boyfriend and I would set up our tiniest barbecue and eat!
Barbies are best at my Aunts house, they have huge super deluxe model, and lots of seating/eating area, big parties, and swimming! Summer time in New Zealand is the best, and also we have bbq's in parks or at the beach, so you can cook to your hearts content! Outside eating is my favourite!
Dammit, now its raining and supposedly summer time, cant see any barbies happening for at least 2 more weeks... however mostly koreans barbecue inside......
I like picnics very very much too...

I love barbecues! My birthday is at the beginning of May, so that is always our first barbecue of the year. I like barbecued fruit kebabs, with mango, banana, papaya and kiwi. 🍜 😍

Tsuyoiko said:
I love barbecues! My birthday is at the beginning of May, so that is always our first barbecue of the year. I like barbecued fruit kebabs, with mango, banana, papaya and kiwi. 🍜 😍

Yum! Im going to have to remember this one! 👍
Another thing is getting a whole watermelon and scooping out the flesh (preferably with a melon baller) and adding a bottle of gin, you can add a few sprigs of mint too... tasty, especially if its your birthday :D Pop lots of straws into it and drink up!

Kara_Nari said:
Yum! Im going to have to remember this one! 👍
Another thing is getting a whole watermelon and scooping out the flesh (preferably with a melon baller) and adding a bottle of gin, you can add a few sprigs of mint too... tasty, especially if its your birthday :D Pop lots of straws into it and drink up!

Sounds good, but I would have to go with vodka! We have made vodka jelly before - just make the jelly like normal, but replace half the water with vodka! You could probably do it with gin too.

Mmm yes I do like Vodka Jellys! Especially orange ones... its been a while!
My favourite BBQ food is Potato Salad... but only the way I make it... if anyone wants the recipe, just let me know, its FANTASTIC!
Even better the next morning when you're hungover!

Cannot cook outside in most areas of Tokyo as there are no backyards. I have been to a few BBQ with friends in a big park in Saitama (in the suburbs) though.

No backyards! My yard is only about 12'X12', but I couldn't live without it! I would get cabin fever!

hahahaha me too .. no backyard, it sucks ..
but i insisted to have BBQ and finally we had it in my house, 3rd floor, there's an open space where we usually do our laundry ..
hahahahaha smoke's everywhere, but it was fun, though XD~

If the weather is nice I cook out on a gas grill every Sunday. Used to do the same in Japan on my balcony.

Back
Top Bottom